Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-04-2003, 03:52 PM   #16
A legend in his own mind

Ditto to everything everybody said. I just want to know...your teachers name and address Perhaps a few of us could go over and have a little chat...with this so called guitar teacher.

Sponsored Links
Unread 11-04-2003, 05:17 PM   #17

And if we decided to conduct this "chat" behind the woodshed, don't think that that's a bad thing.

But, seriously, it sounds like that teacher is a washed up has been (or also ran, or never was) who has given up on life and whatever his/her ambitions might have been. I've run into plenty of people like that in my life, and they are more than happy to spare you the heartache of getting your hopes up too high, and consider it their duty to save you from that pain of disappointment, because, no doubt, you will evitably fail, just like they did. After all, if they can't make it, how can you?

Well, good question. One reason might be that you have heart and they don't!!!

Truth is, they just can't deal with the fact that they are a sell-out and one-trick-wonder, assuming they have any tricks at all. If they are stuck at a certain station in life, there are two things that they can do. One, help people like you out by moving them/you on to the next stage as they work to get there themselves, or, two, hurt you and others by keeping you down and oppressing you to make themselves feel better, because your success leaves clues to their failures and short-comings.

You're lack of success is an integral part of their reality.

As far as advancing, get the book Fretboard Logic SE and master it. That will go a long way to breaking you out of any ruts you're in and the odds of you getting stuck ever again will approach nil.

Chesh

And, btw, pointer, don't go back to this teacher and try to show s/he the errors of his/her way. If this teacher doesn't get it, chances are this teacher never will. Just take care of yourself. As Yoda put it . . .

Quote:
Only a fully trained Jedi, with the Force as his Ally, can confront and defeat Vader.
Don't waste your energy on people who don't get it and don't want you to get it either.

Last edited by CheshireCat; 11-04-2003 at 05:44 PM.
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #18
A legend in his own mind

Chesh couldn't be more right. hit the nail on the head. Find another guitar teacher someone who has passion for teaching the instrument. The best guitar teacher I ever had was an accomplished jazz player who gave a few lessons between his gigs and recording sessions. He never said a negative thing to me. And you couldn't help but get excited about learning the instrument when around him. Above all don't give up. I've never heard someone say " gee I wish I hadn't learned to play the guitar" or whatever instrument. But I've heard a lot of people say they wish they had.