Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Send a message via AIM to Singin4Him82 Send a message via MSN to Singin4Him82
3 new songs-listen and let me know what you think

I recently went into the studio and recorded a cd. Please tell me what you think.
You can listen here:http://www.thehancockwedding.com/delaina.htm

*edit*
I thought I'd give a little history on the songs.
Beautiful- I wrote this one in about 30 mins or so music and all with my fiance. It just came to me one night about a week before we did ths recording, it's the second song I've ever written.

Mystery To Me- This is the first song I ever wrote, music and all. I was looking over an old poem I had written and the song came to me in about 5 minutes the tune and all. My fiance helped me edit it and work out the chords for it.

I Surrender All- I decided to do it the way I did because I love this song so much but I wanted to change it up and give it a little different feel.

I've never been a song writer until these songs came to me a few months ago, I believe it's totally God given and nothing to do with me. I'm not sure what the Lord has in store here with this but I refuse to get in the way of whatever it is .

Last edited by Singin4Him82; 10-20-2003 at 10:27 AM.
Singin4Him82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-14-2003, 05:35 PM   #2
Schpladow!!!

Send a message via AIM to HooBassist
I'm impressed. Do you have a record deal? If not you should, people need to hear your music.
HooBassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooBassist
I'm impressed. Do you have a record deal? If not you should, people need to hear your music.
Thanks so much! No I don't have a record deal, I'm not sure if that's something the Lord has led me to do or not. I've been offered on but I declinded because I didn't trust the guy who offered it to me, he seemed to see me as nothing more than a way for him to make more money and not a girl with a voice the Lord gave her which is what I hope and pray I'm seen. I want people to see the Lord when I sing, not me.

Unread 10-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
Old Foagie

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Akers Send a message via MSN to Ryan Akers
I can say..."Wooohooo for Delaina!!!" I really like it. Very good voice.

Wow, it's been a while since I have seen CGR. I'm getting old and outdated.
Ryan Akers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2003, 10:28 AM   #5
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Thanks Ryan! Anyone vocally educated that has any tips?

Unread 10-21-2003, 12:02 PM   #6
Where have I been?

Send a message via AIM to Thespia Send a message via Yahoo to Thespia
You could help your pitch by maintaining good breath support throughout the whole song. It would help your voice not to get tired too.
Unread 10-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #7
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Yeah I know there are a couple places where my pitch is off, it's not a result of poor breath control it's a result of something else *kinda personal, you might have seen my prayer request thread about it* but that effected me SO much in singing, very painful. But thanks for the advice though! I'm all about strong breath control that can make such a difference in the quality of a voice!

Last edited by Singin4Him82; 10-21-2003 at 06:59 PM.
Unread 10-23-2003, 06:28 AM   #8
Moo.

Send a message via MSN to _maranatha
Hey! GREAT sound! I think that it is pretty cool that you have recorded that! I can see where you sounded a bit "pitchy" in some areas and it is really great that you were able to pick that out of your own recording... very few people can do that! I think that your voice has a lot more power then you are letting on... don't be afraid to use it! It is truly a God given talent!!
_maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 10:20 PM   #9
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonda_schofiel
Hey! GREAT sound! I think that it is pretty cool that you have recorded that! I can see where you sounded a bit "pitchy" in some areas and it is really great that you were able to pick that out of your own recording... very few people can do that! I think that your voice has a lot more power then you are letting on... don't be afraid to use it! It is truly a God given talent!!
Thanks so much!! I usually do have more power behind my voice but I've been having health problems that were effecting me a great deal that week. Unfortunatly it resulted in some loss of power behind my singing. It was hard for me to take real deep breaths without pain, but I had a deadline on my recording so it had to be done that day. Thank you so much for your encouragement, it means so much!

Unread 10-26-2003, 05:52 PM   #10
Moo.

Send a message via MSN to _maranatha
Your welcome for the encourgament! You really did sound great! As for health problems affecting your singing I can relate to that a little to well... I have had my jaw broken twice and have been experienceing pain every since. Talk about annoying! I find that when I do a lot of singing if affects the pain levels a great deal so I have had to cut back some on my singing. I also have trouble with resonance and such because of all that has occured and the extra strain that has been placed on the muscels in my face... Oh well life goes on I guess... I am sure things will straighten them selves out some day! Sorry for the rant... To mention once again I really love your sound. Keep up the great work!
_maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2003, 09:04 AM   #11
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Thanks for the encouragement again! I'm sorry to hear about your jaw, that's gotta make it hard. God's got his hand on ya though and I believe everything happens for a reason so I'm sure he's got a good reason . I'd love to hear a clip of your singing if you ever got one! Thanks again, it means so much!