Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-01-2001, 11:05 PM   #61
transubstantiate life

I knew it was going to get moved here

Check out my Blog!
SccHarpGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-01-2001, 11:57 PM   #62
HomeStar Runner NUT!

Send a message via AIM to SillyPickle Send a message via MSN to SillyPickle
My Testimony (Beware, it is strange!)

Hi There, Since I am new, I thought I would kind of give a "get-to-know-me-in-small-way" thread. So I will give you my strange testimony. You will probably laugh, many other people have before. So here it is:

When I was 6 years old, my family was going to a Mennonite Brethern church about 20-25 miles away from where I live. Anyway, there was communion going around and I asked my mom "Could I have some of that?" She told me that I need to be a Christian before I could take part in it. So immediately I start thinking, "If I become a Christian, then I can have a "snack" during the service" I can't remember if it was that night or the night afterwards, but I asked Jesus into my heart. Up until I was about 12 or 13, I can't remember, I had always been having doubts and then I went to a seminar (Basic Seminar for Youth Conflicts, put on Mr. Bill Gothard, ever heard of him?) and I prayed the prayer and I have not doubted my salvation ever again.
I now go to a Foursquare church and finally have a church family. (My family has been to many different churches, they have held leadership positions in a bunch of them, we have left a lot in conflict and I never ever felt like any of them was the church I was suppose to be at. The church I am at now, I can't see myself ever leaving it!) If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Unread 11-01-2001, 11:59 PM   #63
Ramen Noodle Alchemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Strider
Welcome to our wacky boards man!
Unread 11-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #64
is engaged

Send a message via AIM to domnastics Send a message via MSN to domnastics
That's one of the greatest stories I've ever heard. But the best part is is that it's not a story! Thank you so much!!! I will share that with everyone.
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. Because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone that believes.
My blog
domnastics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2001, 02:28 PM   #65
Crosseyed88's biggest fan

Send a message via AIM to ChrisPeeper
My dad and his side of the family are 100% pure Italian. This also means they are 100% pure Catholic. My mom and her side is the normal mid-western family that went to a Baptist church. My grandpa was the pastor, and my mother says they went to church 4 times a week. So, when I came into the picture, it was kinda crazy (being that I was born into a half strong catholic/half strong Christian family).

I was baptized a catholic as an infant and did all the little catholic traditions like godparents etc. When I was 3 years old, I attended VBS at my grandparents new church (my grandpa was pastor of music here). At this VBS, I accepted Christ at only 3 years of age. By the time First Communion came around, my family totally dropped away from the Catholic church [THANK GOD FOR THAT ONE] (since I didnt attend a catholic school, it is incredibly hard to do first communion).

So when I was about 6, we started attending the Protestant church my grandparents were so involved in. I was a normal kid, always afraid of getting into trouble and that kinda thing. Then around 6th grade my family started going to my present church that was much closer to our house, because my grandparent's church was falling apart. Flash forward till about 8th grade. I was semi-involved in the Jr High Youth Group. I went to church every sunday, sat through the incredibly boring services, and stood through the incredibly boring worship sets. I kinda practiced Christianity, I followed it for the most part (kids knew I was the 'Christian kid'), but Jesus wasn't the #1 thing in my life.

Then when I 'graduated' from Jr High YG into Sr High YG, I went to a retreat that summer w/ the Sr High. There, Christ completely changed my life and made me (what I like to call) "Christian Smart". From that week until this day (now in 10th grade) every decision I make revolves around God and I am in no way afraid to profess my faith to others like I was before. Since I played piano since I was 5 (my mother's side of the family is VERY musically talented), I joined the Sr High worship team by running the sound. Halfway through that year, I taught myself guitar in a matter of a week. I then joined them on the stage playing electric guitar. Normally, freshman would not be allowed to join the worship team. I don't know why they let me join that year, but I give all the credit to God. Our worship team has gotten very good and we hope to make recordings. I am still undecided on what I will like to do after HS, but my two choices thus far is a pastor of music, or something in the Christian record business (these are the choices if I must go to college- my dream is to have a popular Christian punk band). If anyone wants to know more about me, email me at hotpants@truepunk.com

BTW- I can only thank God for giving me such wonderful grandparents, who pray for me constantly and are a growing testiment in my life. (If anyone lives in the Akron area they own Cornerstone Book Store).
"Radio really sucks right now... it's all, like, some guy trying to sound like Eddie Vedder, or some guy trying to sound like Scott Stapp trying to sound like Eddie Vedder." - Unwritten Law guitarist Steve Morris
(I don't like Unwritten Law, only that quote)

Last edited by ChrisPeeper; 11-03-2001 at 02:35 PM.
ChrisPeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2001, 03:33 PM   #66
is engaged

I would like to thank you again for this story because I decideed to use it for the sermon that I'm preaching in a couple of weeks. And I'm sure that I will use it much more. Did you write that?
For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. Because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone that believes.
My blog
Unread 11-09-2001, 08:34 PM   #67

Send a message via AIM to aznwigga4christ
Like most of u i grew up in a christian family.

Everything i knew about God since i was little i knew in my head. In school i lived before people. I lived a double life and i had lots of pride. In seventh grade (my darkest hour of sin) I had pride hate and lust. Over the summer i went to a church retreat. My church is evangalical and missionaries from about 87 countries came and share their testimony. i wanted to change, but didn't know where to start. The feeling soon wore off.

Two weeks later we had a youth retreat. There i learned about making desicions of faith. And i was moved by some high schoolers life testimonies. Since then i dedicated my life to Christ and i pray i may live all for Chirst. I realized Jesus grace and love for me and repented. I made a descion of faith not to look down on others, but instead be a shepherd for them.

My key verse that God gave the morning before my first day of 8th grade is: 1 Peter: 1:14-16

"As obedient children do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written "be holy because i am holy.""

Since then my spiritual life has had up's and down's, but i pray i may remain in the love of Jesus. and devote my life to Christ

all[4]Christ

E-mail: aznwigga4christ@hotmail.com
aznwigga4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2001, 10:33 PM   #68

Location: Near Cleveland, OH... in a little town called WELLINGTON (go Dukes)
Send a message via ICQ to acoustic_junkie Send a message via AIM to acoustic_junkie
Talking testimony...

Well... here's mine...

I was pretty much raised as a normal kid, with caring and great parents and was baptized at the age of 10 as a Methodist...

Well even after I was baptized, our family grew apart from the Church, and just stopped going, I don't know why, we just did.

Well I really basically thought I believed but didn't exactly go along/know much of Christianity because of this, and at the age of 14/15 I was pretty much going in no direction. I had cruddy grades, and basically being the akward kid I was completely belived that the world was against me and wasn't taking the most out of life.

Well, the summer I was 15 (2000), I had an opportunity to work on a Boy Scout summer camp staff... in the Nature area teaching merit badges. Although I had matured a great deal before this started, I really felt self-worth that summer... because part of the Boy Scouts' program is religion, I started going to camp chapel services (which were optional for staff and campers, by the way, camp would be shut down program-wise to encourage attendance) and eventually became inspired by these. Another factor is the people I worked with, great role models, mostly college students and high school kids... the college students I usually looked up to were mostly religious and a few inspired me to take charge of my life in a postive way.

Well the following summer, I worked again, same area... Being more mature, I was basically by that time a 'seasoned vet' and knew what was going on... I considered myself 'Christian' although not fully in my heart I suppose...

Well just a few weeks ago, I decided that maybe it was time to change my ways completely... I'd been given great opportunities by God, so why not fulfill them? It didn't take long for me to start going to church regularly... lately I've been going to my friend's youth group... which makes things easier for 'newbies' like me I suppose.

I do have to say it's amazed me how easy and how good it felt to finally accept Jesus into my heart for good...
Turn your life around to face Him
You'll find mercy, you'll see grace
Love and beauty defined in His face

-relient K "the Rest is up to you"
acoustic_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2001, 07:56 AM   #69

Send a message via Yahoo to bro. in Christ
Hey I like your honesty my brother!

May the LORD bless you my dear brother in CHRIST, hey I like people who are blunt for JESUS (obedient to his word). Well let me give my testimony... I was born and raised in a christian home, but that does not mean I was saved, I gave my life to JESUS at the age of 12 the same age I decided to baptize... Ever since I have been going on through a constant battle with the flesh and through the grace and mercy and everlasting love of our JESUS I am still walking among him. I am only 22 yrs. old but hey... "Remember thy creator in the days of your youth..." and believe me that is so deep, that it surpasses everything!!! I love JESUS and I no longer denied him, he is my savior and even though I am scarred from various events in my life he has shown his love for me and healed me. Yo Christ is not just simply music, but a lifestyle... We only honor him through music that's all, to him be the HONOR AND GLORY!!!
Unread 11-20-2001, 01:10 AM   #70
I am one of God's mercs.

my testimony

My story starts when I was 9 years old. I lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at that time. I was born in Alexandria, Louisiana on August 7th, 1984. I was brought up by a Christian family. I had just accepted Christ into my heart and became a believer. I got baptized on Jan. 1, 1993. I got into chruch and was filled with God. Then my family and I moved a few years later.
We moved to Hoover, Alabama in 1996. I became uninterested in church because I just didnt want to go.
So, I became calyst to church. I did not go and I fell away from God. We moved the next year.
We moved to Shreveport, Louisiana in 1997. I was put into a school and church that made me into an outcast at school and church. I became angry at that fact and did not go. I was very far from God and I did not pick up my faith. I was picked on and made fun of for me being me. I just could take it anymore. I was at the bottom in my life and in social status. I was below everyone. I tried to attempted suicide, but I failed because I could not kill myself. I had committed sexual impurities that really made me into trash(to what I thought).I soon had a big wake up call from all of this.
My family and I were poisoned by carbon monoxide on Feb. 14, 1999. I was told I had 30 minutes to live if I didnt get out of the house. I came out with emotional problems and bad memory. My dad was diagnosed with permanent brain damage, possible lung damage, possible heart damage, extreme fatigue, and extreme memory loss.My mom has emotional problems. My brother and sister have fatigue and memory loss.
That day, my grandparents came into town to check up on us. they told us on how we were blessed by God that we had lived through this. They told me that God was trying to send a message by this accident. I got that message and rededicated my life to Christ. But, I had trouble trying to stop my bad habits:
cursing, sexual impurity, and lying. I had stopped cursing and doing perverted things. Lying is something I am working on.We moved almost a year later.
We moved back to the Alexandria/Pineville/Tioga area in Louisiana on Jan. 2, 2000. I am currently very active at Alpine FBC and in its Uth Group. I had surrendered my life to the Lord's ministry through uth in March, 2000. I am popular at school because I am who I am, a Christian who is kind to all.
Recently, my siblings, two relatives, and myself have gotten into a car incident. I went off of the road and jump an embankment. I did 5 rolls/flips and totaled the car. all of us were wearing our seatbelts, except for one of my relatives. He came out with a bruised knee. My brother had cuts all over his right arm. My sister had cuts on her left hand. My other relative had bruises on her stomach. I have a scar on my chest from the seat belt burn, a weak right arm, and i had bruised my collar bone, my spinal cord, and my shoulders.
I am blessed by God for surviving two horrific accedents that have happened in a range of three years. I thank God for leeting me be alive so I can spread the word and share my testimony to others who I know will learn from me and learn about my faith toward God.
godswarrior84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2001, 08:09 PM   #71
is engaged

my story (the best is yet to come)

Here is my story:

I was born and raised as a Seventh-Day Adventist. Still am one. My dad however, was Catholic but I assumed he was an SDA because he came to church with us. I got baptized when I was 13 because I thought it would bring me closer to God. That, and the Sabbath school lessons were talking about salvation and baptosm so my friend and I thought we should do it. So I was baptized and I thought now what? Well, I had the opportunity to be a part of some "Power Weekends"(kind of liike high school evangelistic things) So I was a part of that in 8th grade. We were at the power weekend and I was in the fornt row with the rest of the people involved and our band was singing one of their songs and I really liked it and I just got this amazing feeling and I started to cry and I felt tlike I was the only person there and my body throbbed constantly with what I guessed was the Holy Spirit. I ahve had a few of those "epiphanies" since than nad I know God wants to do something special with me and I am so ready that I almost don't want to finish school. jk
But I seem to be struggling with this one sin that I just can't shake and I know I'm not perfect but I should be able to shake this off. I feel like it is coming between me and God, like that is what's keeping God from revealing to me His plan for my life. But I'm relly confused right now about what to do and am completely going by faith. So also please pray for me. Cause like I said:

This is my story, but the best is yet to come.
My blog
Unread 11-29-2001, 01:05 AM   #72

Send a message via AIM to EJGam
How I came to Christ? Here we go,

First, I was living a fake life. I behaved differently when I was in church, in front of family, in front of friends, in front of other friends. I was living a lie...and I got to hate it.
Second, after a little while with the military I went to college. The drinking and partying continued, till one day I realized how much I hated being myself. I wanted more from life. So I tryed to change it. Found out I could not change my life after many attempts. That's when one night I was so confused with myself, all the doors were closed and I had no where else to go but to God Himself. He listened to my desperate prayer: I asked Him to change my life and make it meaningful, I beg him to change it.
He did, and I'm so grateful to my Lord, He has made wonders in my life. That's why now, I worship Him with my voice, heart, prayer, and modest ability in that rock-billy six stringed instrument. GOD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E.J. <><
EJGam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2001, 09:55 PM   #73
Unregistered

Hey...I'm actually registered, but prefer to remain unknown (for now) for reasons that should become clear...

Born into a Christian home. Raised in a Christian home. Was not exactly abused but was treated roughly. When the physical stuff stopped the verbal abuse began. Started battling depression, suicidal urges...ended up in a four-year struggle with cutting, also occassionally tried other ways to hurt myself like drinking, disordered eating and stuff...had a school counselor say they couldn't help me.

Here's where it gets good...went to Bible camp...met several people who helped and supported me in so many ways and who I am eternally thankful for...had a counsleor spend hours with me and finally helped me accept God. I had always thought I was saved, but thanksfully someone was honest and caring enough to help me see things the way they were. What can I say? It gets better all the time...although I was not miraculously cured I am getting there. My favorite part is that I'm free...Can't wait to see what's next...if I ever do decide to say who I really am...this is the "Free to Run" post and that's what I'll refer to.
Unread 11-30-2001, 04:41 PM   #74

Unregistered, What a beautiful testimony of how God is working in your life through other people and changing you. I have a daughter that works at church camps during the summer and it is unbelieveable to hear her tell about campers that she's helped just by being there. It lets us know as Christians that we have an awesome responsibility to others that we come into contact with. May God continue to bless you and use you as a witness for Him.
Unread 11-30-2001, 10:00 PM   #75
Saved by grace

Well, I will start with some background info. My mother was raised in the Methodist church, so we regularly went to church when I was growing up, but I never really called myself a Christian, or really understood what that meant. I was constantly disappointed by father figures in my life, the second of which was an abusive, drunk, druggie. Anyway, I always went to church, but I was always looking for something to fill that void, that emptiness that rejection had left inside of me. Well, when I was sixteen, I became involved in a relationship with a guy, and to fill that emptiness inside of me, I almost allowed it to go too far. But, then I went to a play at a Church of God that portrayed life and death and Heaven and Hell, and I began to see church as a completely different thing. It was not just a place I went to sing some songs and think about God once a week. He wanted to be my Lord and my Savior, 24-7, 365. He wanted ME, He loved ME unconditionally. I practically RAN to that altar at the end of that play and begged God to forgive me and take me in. And He did, and nothing has ever been the same since then. The emptiness is gone, and I have joy and strength and acceptance and forgiveness. Praise the Lord. P. S. Ever since that night, I have been going to that church.
jesus_freak21 is offline   Reply With Quote