Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-27-2001, 10:25 AM   #46
Good ol' G. W.!

Thumbs up

Great story!

Ghost Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-28-2001, 12:47 PM   #47
That's Capn Timio to you!

I love it!

Just curious - have you thought about e-mailing it to people that you know who aren't saved? Even to those of us who are, I think it would be a great idea. This way you can get the word around. Just a thought.

Anyways, I'm gonna copy this onto my comp and print a copy off to share with a few friends at church. I hope you don't mind.

Keep up the writing.

Tim
nobody loves me
--- haiku

2.12 Posts Per Day and dropping... w00t!
timio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2001, 10:26 PM   #48
"Scarlet Knight"

Send a message via AIM to YWING85
i'm gonna put this in testimonies and stories, mainly cuz it is
This is our offering.
Lift your voice to heaven
Lift up your head and sing
To the One who gave His Son,
Here our lives we bring
YWING85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2001, 10:45 PM   #49
All You Wanted

Send a message via AIM to NotHomeYet Send a message via Yahoo to NotHomeYet
Wow....I'd forgotten that story.....kewl.
Unread 10-29-2001, 07:07 PM   #50
Faery Princess of Erin

Send a message via ICQ to Skye Send a message via AIM to Skye Send a message via MSN to Skye Send a message via Yahoo to Skye
Hey, timio, thanks, and yeah, go ahead and share it, that's why i wrote it.

Ywing.. sorry i didn't think to write it in here, you're right thanks

*skye*
Unread 10-30-2001, 02:43 PM   #51
Christ's Bodyguard

wow...that was touching...
it wasn't really stupid.
It doesnt even matter if you were in the 3rd grade or the 4th grade, or even an infant.
God gave you this awesome joy in your heart, that got you out of the misery Satan put you into. It was your turn to get out of wilderness.

I, myself, have accepted Jesus Christ into my heart. Okay, I was baptized when i was an infant, but what did i know when i was? that was the first time i cried for God. It was at Word of Life Bible Institute in NY, and I, too, was around the same age as you.

God works in different ways. This is only one. Imagine a God so strong, who can harden or weaken your heart for God, do for any of us. Imagine what this God can do at a time like this as well
"People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of ulterior motives. Do good anyway. If you succeed, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are frank and honest, people will not believe you. Be frank and honest anyway. Whatever you build, it will never last. Build anyway. People really need help, but f you try, they may attack you. Help people anyway. If you give the world your best, you may get kicked in the teeth. Give the world you best anyway." -Mother Theresa

God bless,
Servant of God
I_Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2001, 04:44 PM   #52
(found) The One

Send a message via AIM to diggin'4truth
thank you I believe, that means a me. god bless

dave
Unread 11-01-2001, 04:27 PM   #53
awaiting beautiful feet

Testimonies

Ok, here's a thread that can't possibly turn into a flame-fest... which is why I decided to create it.

Have there been times in your life when you really felt God's prescence, or really felt God speaking to you? Times when God led you to a solution to some problem or perhaps showed you a way in which you weren't doing what he wanted you to? Times that you can point to and say: "That's how I know that God is real"? If so, here's the place to share those experiences. It doesn't have to be your whole biography, just one event or one particular problem that God helped you through...

Hopefully, other people reading through whatever you post here will be encouraged, and may even learn something that helps them get through a similar problem in their own life, or that helps them to understand God better.
Blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2001, 04:31 PM   #54
Unregistered

Are you talking about epiphany experiences? That is an important experience according to early church fathers and according to church tradition. An epiphany is a percieved experience of grace.
Unread 11-01-2001, 04:41 PM   #55
city boy

Send a message via AIM to kupcguitarkid
I have a story from today.

I go to school somewhere around a mile away from the Sears Tower. It's on the same street. Anyway, I was in gym class and we went out to the football practice field to play soccer. It was very cold that day. I decided that I was gonna play offense, just to get warmed up. After 5 minutes, I realized I was exhausted, and took the goalie position. After the other team scored a goal on me, I was kicked out (lol). Anyway, I was running out of the goal on my way to the middle of the field, when the ball popped up and I realized I had a perfect kick lined up. So I ran. Someone's foot suddenly popped out of nowhere (It wasn't intentional), and I took a bad tumble onto the grassless dirt area of the field, which is very rough.

I ended up with some pretty bad scrapes and a bleeding knee. I kind of exaggerated the pain. Although I really was in terrible pain, i made it look like I was dying, I guess just to get pity from my classmates. Anyway, I was kind of walking/limping around, and I was wincing in half pain, half acting. When I finally became tired of hopping around, I looked up at the Sears Tower, which was practically right in front of me.

I had a bunch of thoughts right then.
Why in the world am I trying to be pitied and faking pain? People in NY and DC suffered so much more than me, and many died. Am I dead? no. Am I even in as much pain as some of those people? no.

Right then I knew God was saying,
Paul, why're you so worried? Your scratches will heal. The people that died have no more chances. Why didn't you wince in pain for them?

God talks to His people in so many ways. I'm thankful for this bloody knee.
Unread 11-01-2001, 05:53 PM   #56
transubstantiate life

We have a whole forum for this, and no one ever goes there...oh well, here's mine. I posted it there, also. It talks about one time where something happened to me that could have been a coincidence, but that would be extremely unlikely.

It was 2 1/2 years ago, and my family and I were taking a vacation in Canada to go skiing. I'm a fairly good skiier, hard blue sqares and black diamonds, for those of you who ski or snowboard.
It was towards the end of our second day there, and my sister and I were skiing a run with my mom, who isn't that great of a skiier. My sister and I decided that to make things more interesting for us, we would ski off into the woods and parallel the run, keeping it in sight. We skiied off the trail all the time at home (there wasn't very much off the trail, though), so we thought that we would be fine.

The snow was great, and we were having a blast, until the terrain started to get steeper. MUCH steeper. We thought that now would be a good time to get back on the trail. We looked over, and immediatly saw that we had gone a lot further in than we intended to go, and we could no longer see the trail. No problem. We skiied down, veering towards the trail, and hoped to meet up with it. Then the terrain started to get too steep for my younger sister. And we still couldn't hear anything. nothing.

So, we started back up the trail. We guessed that we couldn't have gone that far, and we would hike back up the trail, and find it again. We must have hiked for a looong time. Finally we realized that we were lost. We started calling for help. No answer. no sound. no nothing. I never realized just how scary silence can be, but it was terrifying just then. Then, just to make things worse, I realized that the lifts would have closed, and that there would be no more people coming that day. We were tired and dehydrated, it was starting to snow, and we had no clue where we were. (Thank goodness for our warm ski clothes, it was about 20* outside). Then, I finally thought of prayer. I realize that we probably should have done this sooner, but I hadn't realized the severity of the situation.

So, I told my sister to set her skis and poles down (we were walking uphill, remember), and come to me. We held hands, and prayed the Lord's prayer. Then we asked for the Lord's help in getting us out of this mess. then we started to walk again.

About five minutes later, I heard this kind of scraping sound. I set down my skis and ran uphill. The sound became more defined, and then I saw the guy. He was a snowboarder, probably in his twentys. I ran up to him and explained our situation. He looked surprised, and then told us that he knew the way to an easy run (obviously the one we had left). He said that he'd take us there. He said his name was Michael. He led the way, leading us on for about an hour (I have no idea how we got in that far). I told him that we had prayed right before he showed up, and then he told us that he never goes into that woods that far, but he just did that day. When my sister got tired, he carried her skis for her.

Around 6:30-7:00 (in the dark), we finally got out onto the run. We thanked Michael again, and then, relieved beyond words, we skiied down to the village. ON the way down we met the ski patrol coming to search for us.

When we got back to our room, and I told our story, I broke down and cried, right in front of all of my friends that were there. That's really rare for me, as I never cry in front of people.
[
It didn't occour to me until later just what Michael the snowboarder was doing way back in the woods an hour after the lifts had closed. Also, my mom said later that she went to the area where michael said he lived, and she could find no one who knew any one by that name who lived there. What significance that is, I don't know.

So, that totally solidified my faith for me. My sister had been struggling with her faith, and this confirmed issues that she'd been questioning.

Check out my Blog!
SccHarpGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2001, 07:22 PM   #57
awaiting beautiful feet

Quote:
Originally posted by SCCHarpGirl
It didn't occour to me until later just what Michael the snowboarder was doing way back in the woods an hour after the lifts had closed. Also, my mom said later that she went to the area where michael said he lived, and she could find no one who knew any one by that name who lived there. What significance that is, I don't know.
I believe the significance would be that it proves that angels know how to snowboard...
Blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2001, 07:29 PM   #58
transubstantiate life

that's the response I got when I told this at a youth group

Check out my Blog!
Unread 11-01-2001, 07:31 PM   #59
transubstantiate life

completely changed my anti-snoboarder bias

Check out my Blog!
Unread 11-01-2001, 08:57 PM   #60
Still true to this day...

paid
I figure this thread might do better in Testimonies.