Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > G
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 20.00%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 20.00%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 2 40.00%
10 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-22-2003, 01:27 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Grant, Amy - Simple Things

Tracks
1. Happy
2. Eye to Eye
3. Simple Things
4. Beautiful
5. Out in the Open
6. I Don't Know Why
7. Looking for You
8. Touch
9. Innocence Lost
10. After the Fire

For more on Amy Grant, click here.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-22-2003, 02:32 AM   #2
Nichole Nordeman ROCKS

Send a message via AIM to brightman73 Send a message via Yahoo to brightman73
My Opines about Simple Things

Tracks
1. Happy
2. Eye to Eye
3. Simple Things
4. Beautiful
5. Out in the Open
6. I Don't Know Why
7. Looking for You
8. Touch
9. Innocence Lost
10. After the Fire

There are 5 tracks on this CD that are outstanding - the rest? I think Amy got to hopeful that she could write a strong CD by getting all the songwriting credit.

The best songs are: Happy, Eye to Eye, Beautiful(duet with Vince), Out in the Open, and Looking for You.

The other five are kinda odd, too trite, or trying too hard.

The overall CD is very upbeat - about forgiveness of self, love for others, and making out with your honey.
Unread 01-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
Glow_worm

In am continually shocked to find Christian people even buying Amy grant albums. She is in adultery and does not seem to be willing to anything about it except "forgive" herself. If there is any love for Amy, we should be writing her and encouraging her to repent rather then buying her ablums. After all the Bible does say that no adulterer shall inherit the knigdom of God.
Unread 09-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #4
outraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow_worm
In am continually shocked to find Christian people even buying Amy grant albums. She is in adultery and does not seem to be willing to anything about it except "forgive" herself. If there is any love for Amy, we should be writing her and encouraging her to repent rather then buying her ablums. After all the Bible does say that no adulterer shall inherit the knigdom of God.

hmmm whoever wrote this clearly isn't a true christian. . . .ya know. . .a person seeking to love just like jesus. basically, i see it as this. . . .amy grant is using her God given talent to glorify God and win hearts over to him! What are you doing to be a witness of God's unconditional love?? who are we to judge and say that she needs to repent. . . .what is between her and God is just as simple as that. for doesn't the bible say "do not point out speck in your neighbors eye if there is also a speck in yours." God knows her heart and i'm pretty darn sure she will be inheriting the kingdom of God! Can you be sure that you are??
Unread 09-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #5
outraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow_worm

hmmm whoever wrote this clearly isn't a true christian. . . .ya know. . .a person seeking to love just like jesus. basically, i see it as this. . . .amy grant is using her God given talent to glorify God and win hearts over to him! What are you doing to be a witness of God's unconditional love?? who are we to judge and say that she needs to repent. . . .what is between her and God is just as simple as that. for doesn't the bible say "do not point out the speck in your neighbors eye if there is also a speck in yours." God knows her heart and i'm pretty darn sure she will be inheriting the kingdom of God! Can you be sure that you are??
Unread 10-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #6

Unhappy I'm sorry, but I disagree...

I would have to agree with the first post. We cannot turn a blind eye to sin within the church and anyone who calls themselves a Christian is not above rebuke, including myself. The word of God exists for this very purpose. There is grace for Amy Grant, but that grace is conditional upon her repentance. We are all sinners and when we repent God is faithful and just to forgive us for our sins and to cleanse us from our unrighteousness, but when we go on with our lives pretending that which God has clearly condemned to be "okay" because society or someone else says it's "okay" we have crossed the line. I am sure Amy and Vince have both been confronted with this truth time and time again, yet they have chosen their own way over God's way. That is not to be admired or supported...especially when you are in a position of influence such as they are. I have been moved and touched by many of Amy's albums and I have met them both on different occassions and found them to be personally very charming people, but that has nothing to do with the truth about their lives. They both need to repent and I will not attend their concerts, buy their products or otherwise support them until they do. I admire the person who had the character to speak to this issue and as long as this position is stated in Christian love, then they have only done what God expects all of us to do as Christians. We do have a calling to handle these matters respectfully and within the church, but the time for that is past with this couple. They have chosen to live a life of rebellion and sin and with the luke-warm condition of the modern day church, you can be certain they will find no small amount of support by Christians who are willing to turn a blind eye to sin or rationalize that God didn't really mean what he says in I Corinthians 7:10. This isn't about being judgmental, for we are called to judge those in the church to some extent, it is about sin and rebellion against God's clearly defined mandates for our behavior. I for one have prayed for Amy, Vince and the familes they left behind many times and now I find another occassion to do so. There is no question about her influence and the lives she has touched. What a shame that witness has now been damaged so greatly. She has lost credibility with so many people that I cannot see her as having a "viable and credible ministry" until repentance has taken place. Pray for them.
jtm-45 is offline   Reply With Quote