Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Christian Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-05-2003, 02:27 PM   #1
formerly ocsupertoneguy

Send a message via AIM to Mugga Please
should the newsboys call it quits?

are they basically all through you think? With the style of music they have its kinda hard to get their stuff out in the public...and they arnt really known to change styles or try different things out (or drastically different)..they sorta stick w/ what they know....i think they're about done pretty soon

Mugga Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Be happy

I hope not!! The Newsboys rock! While they've never made any drastic changes between CDs there has been a steady progression of changing their style.... I think they have plenty of good new stuff to offer.
Unread 06-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #3

Hey I hate to sound kinda mean, but I think the newsboys are way overhyped, I find their music all sort of similar and annoying to listen to after 1 or 2 songs but my dad loves them and he'd be all depressed if they called it quits... so for my dad's sake I guess they should stay together.
Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #4

I don't really love the Newsboys, but I really don't see why they'd break up. Unless it would be because they want to do something else in their lives (Like FIF).

Their sound doesn't really change a WHOLE lot from every album, but it is new songs. People who like that sound like new songs of that sound. That's perfectly ok.

Now, saying a band should or shouldn't is really stupid, IMO. We, as fans (or not as fans ), don't really know what's going on in THEIR lives.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 07:38 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Musician_Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Musician_Girl
I hope they don't break up. Newsboys is a band that has changed many lives through their music. If they break up now, many people may not get to hear their heart-warming message they bring... just my $.02
Musician_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 01:29 PM   #6
'Cuz the world looks on

I read somewhere (maybe it was an interview) that they had no plans of breaking up, that they actually planed to stay together as long as possible. Maybe they will end up one of those very very long lived bands like U2 or Petra. Whether people will buy there stuff in anouther 20 years or so is the question...I would.

If you listen REALLY hard to the audience singing at the end of the live version of "It Is You", you can hear this one guy singing REALLY out of tune in the back of your left earphone. REALLY.

Bands that rock my world:
NEWSBOYS!!!!BABY!!!!
The Elms
Sixpence NTR
lologirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #7
wants a new screen name..

No,no,no and NO!!!! Eeewwwww! No! What an evil thought! Never!
Acccckkk! They will live in the rock and roll world FOR EVA!
Unread 06-23-2003, 10:29 PM   #8
I play Guitar...

I REALLY hope they don't break up. I don't know about you guys, but Adoration was my all time favorite of theirs. Kinda weird since it strays so far lyrically from all their past stuff.
Unread 07-12-2003, 01:29 PM   #9
JESUS(I'm NOT ashamed!)

Hey, to the person that said it strays far from there normal stuff(adoration) it does. But, I believe that the Newsboys, deep down, are real worshipers, and followers of Christ. Yes, they rock in concert, but, I know where there hearts are. I recently saw them at spirit song, kings island, and peter fueler talked for about 10-15 min. it sounded like a sermon for salvation. How awesome is that? and, he prayed during the concert. not to many rocking bands like that do that. I see the newsboys as the anointing of God on them, to let people have fun, songs like shine, ect. but, at the same time, to worship God with all we are, with songs like "it is you" and "He reigns" ect. What other band has such a combination of worship and fun stuff? not to many.

anyways, for the original question, I don't think the boys are done, till it is Gods perfect timing. why? cause it's obvious to me, that they love Jesus, notice they did the song "not ashamed" I have seen them, and I know the Newsboys are real. not just putting on a show. Maybe you don't like there style, but, if you love worshipping Jesus, they are def. anointed for that too. maybe thier CD don't prove it, but, in concert, God is def. lifted up..

my 0.9999999 cents worth
Unread 07-12-2003, 04:38 PM   #10

It's obvious that some of you don't listen to the Newsboys much and don't really like them. The Newsboys might not differ from themselves much, but they are different from everyone else. I think that Remix was no good , and Adoration was copying the 'let's do a worship album' trend (although there are a couple wonderful songs on that CD) but that's not enough to say the Newsboys are over. Have you all forgotten Thrive?

Casey
Unread 07-12-2003, 08:13 PM   #11
wants a new screen name..

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlovr
It's obvious that some of you don't listen to the Newsboys much and don't really like them. The Newsboys might not differ from themselves much, but they are different from everyone else. I think that Remix was no good , and Adoration was copying the 'let's do a worship album' trend (although there are a couple wonderful songs on that CD) but that's not enough to say the Newsboys are over. Have you all forgotten Thrive?

Casey
Obvious? Pfft....Don't listen? DON'T REALLY LIKE THEM?!
That's no "trend" as you call it; it shouldn't be called a "trend"! It's WORSHIP key word, WORSHIP! It's "Let's worship our lord, God Almighty and share it with people!" No, that isn't enough to say it's over, this is just a thread made to answer a question. That doesn't mean there has to be a spacific reason for it.
No. How could anyone forget Thrive?
-Sarah
Unread 07-16-2003, 12:02 AM   #12

By "trend" I mean the tendancy to reheat other people's outdated and over-played songs in attempt to make them sound creative and new. The Newsboys had the right idea when they put a couple original songs on Adoration. I think that bands worship God more by saying things thier own way and using thier creativity. If you've been paying attention, ALL Newsboys songs are worship songs to a point. (except maybe John Woo... Has anyone figured that one out yet? ) I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just sick of hearing the same songs sung by everyone.

Casey
Unread 07-16-2003, 01:21 AM   #13
Yellow is stupid.

Send a message via AIM to God's Jedi Send a message via MSN to God's Jedi
HECK NO THEY SHOULDN'T BREAK UP!!! They are my favorite band. They put on the best show I've ever seen, and as others have said, they really have a heart for worship. I like Adoration a lot, mainly cuz it's autographed Thrive was outstanding. I think someone explained John Woo to me one time, but I can't remember what they said.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power...
Green Lantern's light.
God's Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 01:29 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsupertoneguy
are they basically all through you think? With the style of music they have its kinda hard to get their stuff out in the public...and they arnt really known to change styles or try different things out (or drastically different)..they sorta stick w/ what they know....i think they're about done pretty soon
They've never really done a huge huge change from album to album, but their sound has evolved a ton in the past 10 years. Listen to "Not Ashamed" and then listen to anything off of Take Me To Your Leader. There is huge and obvious evolution. I haven't listened to anything they've put out since Step Up to the Microphone, but if they're still putting out quality matrial, why stop?

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 11:10 PM   #15
ED! stop eating the cat!

Send a message via MSN to sanzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecockroach
I hope not!! The Newsboys rock! While they've never made any drastic changes between CDs there has been a steady progression of changing their style.... I think they have plenty of good new stuff to offer.
agree. insanely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician_Girl
I hope they don't break up. Newsboys is a band that has changed many lives through their music. If they break up now, many people may not get to hear their heart-warming message they bring...
agree. insanely agree. :kduh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelia Hedgehog
No,no,no and NO!!!! Eeewwwww! No! What an evil thought! Never!
Acccckkk! They will live in the rock and roll world FOR EVA!
exactly my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboysfan
Hey, to the person that said it strays far from there normal stuff(adoration) it does. But, I believe that the Newsboys, deep down, are real worshipers, and followers of Christ. Yes, they rock in concert, but, I know where there hearts are. I recently saw them at spirit song, kings island, and peter fueler talked for about 10-15 min. it sounded like a sermon for salvation. How awesome is that? and, he prayed during the concert. not to many rocking bands like that do that. I see the newsboys as the anointing of God on them, to let people have fun, songs like shine, ect. but, at the same time, to worship God with all we are, with songs like "it is you" and "He reigns" ect. What other band has such a combination of worship and fun stuff? not to many.
very insightful. That's so true too. I've been to two of their concerts and they are by far the most God fearing band I've ever seen. Only the Rebecca St. James concert I went to was something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Jedi
HECK NO THEY SHOULDN'T BREAK UP!!! They are my favorite band.
same here. love them. adore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlasshrugs
They've never really done a huge huge change from album to album, but their sound has evolved a ton in the past 10 years. Listen to "Not Ashamed" and then listen to anything off of Take Me To Your Leader. There is huge and obvious evolution. I haven't listened to anything they've put out since Step Up to the Microphone, but if they're still putting out quality matrial, why stop?
agree. insanely agree.

So there you have my thoughts. I couldn't have put it any better.