Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > F
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 6.25%
2 0 0%
3 1 3.13%
4 2 6.25%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 4 12.50%
8 7 21.88%
9 3 9.38%
10 13 40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-15-2003, 07:00 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Exactly

I heard random tracks from it this past week while on a retreat. I thoughly enjoyed the songs I heard from it. I can't say which songs they were though. One of them was a really cool song, but it was less than a minute long.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-18-2003, 04:57 PM   #17

IMO, i think this cd sucked. I mean there was like 3 real songs on it. And they sucked too, only half decent song was the first one. It was a total waste of cash, i wish i didnt buy it.
MusicLover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 06:49 PM   #18

OH MY GOSH, THIS CD IS HILARIOUS. It wouldn't be a good first Cd to buy. It is very weird. Gotta love Abe Lincoln's beard.
Very funny but crazy Cd
Asax217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #19
RK Rules

no offense to anyone who actually liked this cd...but i think it SUCKED. it is really boring and doesnt even have a "foot tapping" effect to it. anyone who doesnt already have it...dont buy it. unless you dont mind blowing almost $20 on it.
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:49 AM   #20
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
$20? You overpaid. ANd if you are a five iron frenzy fan, don't listen to those who aren't, and bought it anyhow. No offense, RK, but you opinion doesn't mean that nobody should buy it.
Unread 07-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #21
RK Rules

no but anyone who likes cd's for there instrumental stand point will most likely NOT like/enjoy this cd because it doesnt have much beat to it, and most of the songs sound practically the same other than the fact that they may have changed the chord progression here or there.
Unread 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM   #22
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Dude... this is not a CD that is about the music. If you want a MUSICALLY GOOD Five Iron CD, get The End is Near. Cheeses was released for the fans... b sides and funny stuff. That's all it was ever supposed to be. ANd BTW, Kamakaze is a GREAT song.

Last edited by Art; 07-10-2003 at 12:16 AM.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 01:11 PM   #23
RK Rules

nah i dont feel like wasting more money off of the suggestion of a guy that needs to chill a little bit... & BTW if was meant only for fans then why didnt they make it only available to their fan club??? or put a big sticker on it that says, "INTENDED ONLY FOR DIE HARD FANS!"? so instead of taking up your offer on FIF...i think i'll save up for Ace Troubleshooter & Sanctus Real (if that is ok with you)
Unread 07-09-2003, 01:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK Rules
BTW if was meant only for fans then why didnt they make it only available to their fan club??? or put a big sticker on it that says, "INTENDED ONLY FOR DIE HARD FANS!"?
What fan club? Are you talking about frenzyboard.com? And WHY ON EARTH would they put a sticker like that on it?! There are some people out there who don't like (or haven't heard of) FIF who appreciate this kind of humor. Except you don't. Which I don't get because you like RK.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #25
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Well, mine came with a sticker that said, "B Sides and Funny Tracks". Plus, I look into CDs before I buy them.

*Edit- RK, I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk. I'm a bit frustrated at the lack of understanding for this album. I mean... you can't blame the band for you not researching an album before you bought it. And seriously, if you like the MUSICAL qualities of FIF, The End Is Near is an awesome CD. Again, I appologise if I sounded like a jerk.

Last edited by Art; 07-10-2003 at 12:35 AM.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #26
RK Rules

its ok Art...i am sorry too...i was just kinda ticked that the cd wasnt what i expected...it doesnt make it a bad cd it just means that some people would like it and some dont...i am one of those who doesnt. but that doesnt mean that no one else cant enjoy it...so i guess if you like humor then maybe you would like this cd. again i apologize, Art.
Unread 07-27-2003, 12:44 PM   #27
Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Zachcore Send a message via MSN to Mr.Zachcore
WHOOOOO HOOO! i love this cd, it makes me giggle! Praise the Lord and the abraham Lincoln Beard movements are spectacular. i enjoy rhubarb pie a ton......

and i am not gonna say anything to the poeple who didnt like the cd, they shouldve researched the CD before the bought it. nuff said this gets a 9
Mr.Zachcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 02:38 PM   #28
throw up your rawkfist!!!

Send a message via AIM to punker15 Send a message via Yahoo to punker15
yeah..this was a major dissapointment. it starts out great with songs such as kamikaze, rhubarb pie, and cool enough for you but the it nose dives as it moves on to the side-b tracks. some of the stuff isn't even that funny. albums such as "our newest album ever" totally blow this one away. this album kinda lost the happy ska sound. i gave it an 8
punker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2003, 08:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker15
albums such as "our newest album ever" totally blow this one away. this album kinda lost the happy ska sound. i gave it an 8
Don't ever judge this album musically. You'll be greatly dissapointed.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #30
knows so little

i must agree that buying this album is a waste of money, don't get me wrong cause i love FIF boogaloo and end is near kicked butt, however this cd had 0 musical value and i didn't even think it was that funny, honestly if me and my friends locked ourselves in a basement and made 35 tracks we could have done better overnight, more music more funny. if u still want this cd i'd be happy to send it to you for free.

"Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the lesson that we should learn.... If at first you dont succeed... blame your parents." - Yakko
Shaneathin86 is offline   Reply With Quote