Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #76
Registered User
 

Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 13
Hey Guy's, I'll be jumping in shortly

Hey Guy's,

I'll be posting a solo here in a couple of days. I am on vacation now, but will be home shortly. I have listened to all the solo's so far and I think I am up against some stiff competition. (Which is a good thing)

I am also heartened from all the younger talent out there. I come from the old school of guitar and for many recent years have wondered if music (Christian in particular) was going to swing back to a time where a good guitar solo was a good thing. With what I hear here, I'm sure that when it does, there will be plenty of talent to pull it off.

I want to encourage all of you to keep sheddin' wood. Your calling is great and the laborers are few.

I am eager to hop into this contest to see if I can "Hang with the Young Guns" as it were.

God Bless,

Mick Farlow

PS, Sorry for bieng long winded, but us old guy's are like that

MicFarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-20-2003, 07:53 PM   #77
Registered User
 
BluesJunkie's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2001
Location: GA
Posts: 1,456
Welcome, Mick. It's always nice to see some old-school dudes on here.
BluesJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 08:14 PM   #78
Registered User
 
Turok's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 215
Send a message via AIM to Turok
what about sumthing thats les solo and more song? i don't realy play solos, but i can play a few semi-dificult songs
__________________
FOSSIL
Turok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 08:38 PM   #79
My famlily
 
Pete_H's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2001
Location: right behind you
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally posted by Turok
what about sumthing thats les solo and more song? i don't realy play solos, but i can play a few semi-dificult songs
Well it is a solo competition not a song competition. So I would encourage you to focus more on the solo. Read the rules though, the entry must contain a solo, otherwise it will be deleted.
__________________
I'm anti sig
Pete_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 08:46 PM   #80
FTS
Something
 
FTS's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,325
what if a song is just guitar... thus it being a solo guitar piece... =]
sorry if it seems like I'm making trouble, but I'm geniuinly interested to see what the rules dictate about that... I mean like say a classical piece, or for those who listen to satriani... Midnight
FTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 01:38 AM   #81
Registered User
 

Joined: May 2001
Location: Doesn't Matter
Posts: 15,684
Re: Hey Guy's, I'll be jumping in shortly

Quote:
Originally posted by MicFarlow
Hey Guy's,

I'll be posting a solo here in a couple of days. I am on vacation now, but will be home shortly. I have listened to all the solo's so far and I think I am up against some stiff competition. (Which is a good thing)

I am also heartened from all the younger talent out there. I come from the old school of guitar and for many recent years have wondered if music (Christian in particular) was going to swing back to a time where a good guitar solo was a good thing. With what I hear here, I'm sure that when it does, there will be plenty of talent to pull it off.

I want to encourage all of you to keep sheddin' wood. Your calling is great and the laborers are few.

I am eager to hop into this contest to see if I can "Hang with the Young Guns" as it were.

God Bless,

Mick Farlow

PS, Sorry for bieng long winded, but us old guy's are like that
welcome aboard old guy...:ktongue:
j\k... we love the old guys around here... ask jay:kyep:

anyhow i'll look forward to your entry, it'll be great to hear some stuff from an older guy...
GMartin2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 03:32 PM   #82
My famlily
 
Pete_H's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2001
Location: right behind you
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally posted by nga_puhi_guy
what if a song is just guitar... thus it being a solo guitar piece... =]
sorry if it seems like I'm making trouble, but I'm geniuinly interested to see what the rules dictate about that... I mean like say a classical piece, or for those who listen to satriani... Midnight
Well if it's something like Satriani, I would say yeah thats ok. If I hear an entry and it's all chords it goes right in the trash no questions asked. As for classical stuff, I would say no at this point in time because we never really disscussed it and the rules are written and posted. It would take too much time to discuss it and ok it and before you know it the deadline is here. Maybe next time.
__________________
I'm anti sig
Pete_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #83
The Chameleon
 
Shredcheddar's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 5,091
Send a message via AIM to Shredcheddar
I just replaced my jazz solo, so you guys go check the new one out. This one is a little special, because my brother (RhythmicAndy) recorded the background drumming with me. I think the solo and backing lined up pretty well, too . Just a notice
__________________
<center>Polar bears use camoflauge to catch their daily meal.
Shredcheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 06:52 PM   #84
Be happy
 
bobthecockroach's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,568
The solo is a little quiet but it's cool
__________________
Lord, have mercy
bobthecockroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 07:21 PM   #85
The Chameleon
 
Shredcheddar's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 5,091
Send a message via AIM to Shredcheddar
Yeah, you just have to jack up your speakers
__________________
<center>Polar bears use camoflauge to catch their daily meal.
Shredcheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 11:35 PM   #86
I am not my own
 
DarylB's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,987
Send a message via MSN to DarylB
Where are all your guys' solo's located?? i can't find em...:kconf:
DarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 11:47 PM   #87
Registered User
 

Joined: May 2001
Location: Doesn't Matter
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally posted by dj77
Where are all your guys' solo's located?? i can't find em...:kconf:
go back to the guitar forum and look for the stickied thread titled something like "the official cgr solo competition" or soemthing like that. it's stickied so it shouldnt be too hard to find.
GMartin2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2003, 07:10 AM   #88
Be happy
 
bobthecockroach's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,568
I won't be able to get one recorded this time... so there better be a next time
__________________
Lord, have mercy
bobthecockroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2003, 08:15 PM   #89
My famlily
 
Pete_H's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2001
Location: right behind you
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally posted by bobthecockroach
I won't be able to get one recorded this time... so there better be a next time
Don't worry Bob, there's gonna be a next time.
__________________
I'm anti sig
Pete_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #90
Wingnut
 
Guitar MC's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to Guitar MC
MicFarlow, I really like that solo. What was that recorded with?
Guitar MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2