Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > B
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 3.23%
6 1 3.23%
7 1 3.23%
8 2 6.45%
9 5 16.13%
10 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2003, 06:13 AM   #16

Anyone notice Reese's vocals on The Heart Still Beats Inside? They are spetacular. He goes from normal Reese, to sounding like the guy from green day, to sounding from the dude from Audio Adrenaline. This album really let him display his vocal talents, because a majority of FIF songs he's just using his "ska" voice... But yeah, this album is a masterpiece.

Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-14-2003, 08:51 PM   #17
SuperChicken

Actually Dennis sings "The Heart Still Beats" and "Recall" as well, but Reese's vocals do shine in Binary and Estrella.
Unread 10-14-2003, 09:37 PM   #18
Uff da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
Ehh, I totally disagree with that. They are a totally different style...

Yeah, and some of the Five Iron Frenzy stuff is really great, don't get me wrong. I was just surprised that Brave Saint Saturn was really good too. And actually, Most of the New FIF stuff is better than Brave Saint Saturn. But i think Daylight is better than all of the FIF songs, though On Distant Shores comes very close to it.

Bringing <strike>quality</strike> conversation to the internet since 2002.
Muffinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 03:15 AM   #19
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChicken
Actually Dennis sings "The Heart Still Beats" and "Recall" as well, but Reese's vocals do shine in Binary and Estrella.
Yes, and Justin McRoberts does the BG vocals on that song.
Unread 06-23-2004, 11:31 AM   #20
thistledown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChicken
dennis also wrote those songs. i love the song Recall. but at the moment, my favorite song is Anestasia because it reminds me of a girl that is very special to me(no, she isn't my girlfriend, but for a while she was my best friend and the only person i could really talk to and be myself around. do i like her the way reese likes anestasia in this song? yes, i do. but we're friends for now, especially because she lives in another state now.
guitarfreak217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #21
Ska is not dead

Good news for Brave Saint Fans

I talked to Reese the other day and he said that BS2 is scheduled to record their third and final album in December... working title: The Dreams We Dare to Dream. Hooray!
twins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #22
thistledown

what do you mean Hooray. it's cool that they're doing another album, but it's sad that they're going away too.
Unread 07-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #23
Ska is not dead

Yeah it's sad but they were only planning on doing 3 albums in the first place. It's a space trilogy. When I talked to Dennis in November he said they didn't have any plans to record the third album yet, but now I'm just happy that I get to hear more of Brave Saint Saturn in the not-so-distant future. I also have high hopes for Roper, the new band that Reese is starting. The first album comes out in October.
twins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2004, 05:41 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to TBHockey
When the CD started i was like...This is the dumbest stuff ive ever heard...but as it went on it got better,, Then at the end..every time i listen to DAYLIGHT, i get goosebumps, its an EXTREMLY touching song. This is a great album!
Unread 08-26-2004, 09:53 PM   #25
Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Zachcore Send a message via MSN to Mr.Zachcore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBHockey
When the CD started i was like...This is the dumbest stuff ive ever heard...but as it went on it got better,, Then at the end..every time i listen to DAYLIGHT, i get goosebumps, its an EXTREMLY touching song. This is a great album!
The beginning is the r0x0r!
Mr.Zachcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBHockey
What was so bad about the beginning? I agree that the latter part is probably better, but to label it as "the dumbest stuff I've ever heard" is......a huge misdoing to the album. I mean, just huge.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #27

Send a message via AIM to TBHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemOfAJon
What was so bad about the beginning? I agree that the latter part is probably better, but to label it as "the dumbest stuff I've ever heard" is......a huge misdoing to the album. I mean, just huge.

~Jon
nah.. Not with his screaming .."Yeah!" just that first 5 or 10 seconds of the beigning im talking about.. it sounded like punk...I was like, nooo way. Dont get me wrong i DO like the fist song (along with all the rest)
Unread 01-10-2005, 02:44 AM   #28

Send a message via MSN to LyssaJane Send a message via Yahoo to LyssaJane
YAY REESE ROPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so this is one of the best cd's I've ever heard. I LOVE this CD. I was very dissapointed that they edited Heart Still Beats though, infact I was increddibly Pi***d off(Yeah, I did that on purpose)!!!! They should have left it the way it was, they weren't using the words just to use them, they were making a point and talking about the way someone else veiws the world. Daylight is deffinitely my fave. The emotion is so raw and it gets to me every time. I still get tears in my eyes when I hear the song. My friend and I gave a copy of the CD to a kid I've met before who is NOT a christian and we're praying God will really use it. Wow!!! What more can I say about this CD???? It's simply fantastic!!! BTW has anyone listened to Roper?
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #29

It's Reese Roper. At his finest. Everyone should own this right now.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #30
The Great Facade

It wasgreat. Most definately one of my favorite CDs; its the only CD I have that I can listen to in any mood...
Children:"..."
Pastor: "Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?"
Children:"Yay!"

[Based On A True Story]
10cStoreProphet is offline   Reply With Quote