Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2001, 11:11 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to JesusFreak04
Exclamation Voice Lessons...Please read

Hey...
I am a 15/m from Indiana. I can sing, but I want to become a better singer. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in giving me lessons through email. I can not find a voice teacher in my area. If you are interested, Please email me or respond to this post. I will be gone until Sunday afternoon (Aug 5) Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unread 08-22-2001, 11:11 PM   #2
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Send a message via AIM to Singin4Him82 Send a message via MSN to Singin4Him82
It is impossible to give lessons through e-mail. You need to find someone in your area that can meet w/you and help you verbally. They need to hear you sing and sing w/you the "right" way and show you things physically. It is just impossible to teach voice lessons online. Check your church or a church near you for someone who can help you . Good luck!!

Singin4Him82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2001, 08:40 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Jameson1600
This is a piece of advice I can give. Listen a lot to artists that you'd want to sing like. Start singing a lot of songs, and keep singing and you'll most likely learn at the same time. I learned by singing a bunch of songs and just really focusing on how the person would sing it. When I was in 8th grade, Icould only sing so many songs, and when high notes came, it was so hard to sing them. Now I can reach very high notes and it all comes from practice.
Jameson1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2001, 09:47 AM   #4
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Jameson1600, I am in no way trying to dis what you said but there is some problems w/doing it that way. If you try to sound like someone else who's not singing the way they should be then that could be a problem. You would be surprised at the number of artists who do not use their voices correctly which is a VERY dangerous thing to do. Some of them were never taught how to use them correctly and they end up messing up their voice. Like Cindy Morgan and even Steven Curtis Chapman recently had an horrible incdent w/this. They sang for so long the wrong way and then almost lost their voice for singing forever b/c it messed up their voices so bad. But now they are both learning to sing the right way and breath the right way and like i said before it's all about the breathing. Breathing controls your airflow and keeping the back of your throat open when you sing like how it feels when you yawn. if you close that up then you could seriously damage your voice. So trying to sing like another person can be dangerous and it can b/c you may be hitting the high notes but you may be doing it in the wrong way causing a strain on your vocal chords. Be very careful!!

Unread 08-24-2001, 09:59 AM   #5
The Guitarman has landed

Yeah, she's right. There are TONS of artists out there who have terrible technique. That is something that MUST be learned from a teacher - you can really mess your voice up. But, Jameson, you do have a good point...the only way to get good at anything is to practice. Some people seem to just sing with the correct form to begin with (well, close enough - there's always room for improvement), and in that case, just sing your heart out. But chances are, if you're asking for help, you haven't been gifted in that area (nor have I ). A good place to start looking for a teacher might be checkin' with someone like the choir director at either your school or your church. Even some worship leaders in your church might be able to help you out...i've come to discover that lots of music directors that I've worked with have tons of musical/vocal knowledge and would at least be able to get you started; possibly even point you to a private voice teacher in your area.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2001, 06:22 PM   #6
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Right on Guitarman!!

Unread 12-20-2001, 03:08 AM   #7
Pie...& chips. For free!

Quote:
Originally posted by Singin4Him82
Jameson1600, I am in no way trying to dis what you said but there is some problems w/doing it that way. If you try to sound like someone else who's not singing the way they should be then that could be a problem. You would be surprised at the number of artists who do not use their voices correctly which is a VERY dangerous thing to do. Some of them were never taught how to use them correctly and they end up messing up their voice. Like Cindy Morgan and even Steven Curtis Chapman recently had an horrible incdent w/this. They sang for so long the wrong way and then almost lost their voice for singing forever b/c it messed up their voices so bad. But now they are both learning to sing the right way and breath the right way and like i said before it's all about the breathing. Breathing controls your airflow and keeping the back of your throat open when you sing like how it feels when you yawn. if you close that up then you could seriously damage your voice. So trying to sing like another person can be dangerous and it can b/c you may be hitting the high notes but you may be doing it in the wrong way causing a strain on your vocal chords. Be very careful!!
BRAVO!! *clapping*

I'm impressed

Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2001, 05:42 PM   #8
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

*hehe* thanks

« Vibrato... | shy »