Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2001, 10:13 AM   #1
i love the fishes.

a nasty trilliness (help help!!!!!!)

My voice trills a LOT. it doesn't shake, but it trills. and its annoying. anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to get it to sound more, um, firm or something? Like stronger? in grace, --Zoe

zoe r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-03-2001, 01:26 PM   #2
invu4uraqt

Send a message via AIM to Kijanu Send a message via Yahoo to Kijanu
When specifically does it seem to trill the most? I know some people's voices "trill" when they are trying to hit a high note. I think it's because their voice gets too thin (like mine does) when they go high. Personally, I find that my voice has more of a foundation and firmness when singing on the bottom half of my range. Sometimes just taking a deeper breath, like more air than you think you need, will help to avoid your voice getting too thin. But I guess I might be thinking of a different "trill" than what I think it is...

Peace and Love ~ Kijanu <))><
Kijanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2001, 02:51 PM   #3
i love the fishes.

its not neccessarily when it comes to high notes...and its doesnt get more thin than it usually is
It just starts to "wave" at the end of each line, and that can get REALLY annoying. It doesn't sound bad..people actually ask me "how do you do that?!" but it just sounds wrong singing some songs. *takes a breath* and thanks for your reply.
zoe r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2001, 07:19 PM   #4
invu4uraqt

Send a message via AIM to Kijanu Send a message via Yahoo to Kijanu
Hey I think that's kind of cool. You can do something that no one else can! You know how some singers have their "trademark" voice that you can recognize almost anywhere? You'll be like that! For example, whenever I hear Michael W. Smith on the radio it's so easy to tell it's him because of his voice, and I don't own a single one of his CDs. lol So I don't know if your "trill" is good or bad, because it might be a special gift but you probably don't necessarily think so. If it doesn't sound bad, why is it annoying? Your description of your "trill" makes it sound like you've got vibrato on your voice. I think that's cool ~

Peace and Love ~ Kijanu <))><
Kijanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2001, 08:30 AM   #5
Got Jesus?

It could just be vibrato. Take voice lessons. The teacher will be able to tell you what you are doing right or wrong. Be sure that your head is tilted somewhat (NOT a lot!!!) down because this straightens your wind pipe and makes for a better sound. Also, sit or stand straight up and imagine a string is pulling you from the top of your head upward. Oh! And make sure that your mouth is open. I don't know if you already do this, but if you think your "trill" isn't a good one, then maybe doing these things will help.
And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying "Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain." So God granted him what he requested.
1 Chronicles 4:10

God and a Snickers bar: Why wait?
Sing4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2001, 09:11 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to ashley
sometimes, attempting to control the shakey stuff makes you go flat...just so your warned. it's a la natural and something lots of people wish they had.