Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > R
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 9 4.21%
2 2 0.93%
3 3 1.40%
4 2 0.93%
5 2 0.93%
6 6 2.80%
7 11 5.14%
8 23 10.75%
9 42 19.63%
10 114 53.27%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-16-2003, 03:00 AM   #1
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Relient K - Two Lefts Don't Make a Right... But Three Do!

Tracks
1. Chapstick, Chapped Lips And Things Like Chemistry
2. Mood Rings
3. Falling Out
4. Forward Motion
5. In Love With The 80's (Pink Tux To The Prom)
6. College Kids
7. TradeMark
8. Hoopes I Did It Again
9. Over Thinking
10. I Am Understood?
11. Getting Into You
12. Gibberish
13. From End To End
14. Jefferson Aero Plane

For more on Relient K, click here.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-16-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
ouch

Send a message via AIM to GrLBandBreakOut Send a message via Yahoo to GrLBandBreakOut
I just got the CD Friday, and i've made an appoint to listen to it everytime i've been in the car ( which means i've listened to it about 20 times) lol...definitly their best CD yet..only one problem...song stuck in my head grr lol

la la... i struggle w/ foward motion i struggle w/ foward motion, we all struggle w/ foward motion ...la la la...

*Chrissy*
GrLBandBreakOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2003, 03:03 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Jakoobs514
The new cd is really good, some songs I need to listen to a few more time before I really like them, but I LOVE mood rings, falling out, forward motion, getting into you, gibberish. The only disapointing thing is the enhanced cd episodes. on 2 computers I tried it and it wouldn't work, and it was all choppy on another, I hope other people had more luck than I did. Their last cd would be hard to top, but this one might have done it!
Originality is a ghost town, and it's oh so hard to get to, and when you do people start to hate you, you scream what you believe out loud in a crowd, people will hate you, but repititions just so safe, and repititions just like prision, and I prefer to be out of place cause I'm not really in to prision ~ Relient K "Wits all been done before"
Jakoobs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2003, 08:42 PM   #4
Spontaneously Combusted

Send a message via AIM to Enjoi_Lyfe Send a message via Yahoo to Enjoi_Lyfe
OMG IT IS SO AMAZING!!!

I walk around doing the rap from Silly Shoes!!! BTW You left out a track...number 12 is just a free track 13 is Gibberish and so on...just to let you know :-D I LOVE FORWARD MOTION It's my favorite song on this cd besides Silly Shoes...I really like Jefferson Aeroplane too...Wow so many good songs...definately better than the first ones but not by much!!!
You Begin Life Being delivered in a room that is shaped like a box while being monitored by a machine that is shaped like a box. After you are taken through a door way(shaped like a box) you are put in the plastic bed which is shaped like a box! Your father looks at you through a window which is also shaped like a box. You are taken out to the car(Shaped like a box) a few days later. On The way home you pass street signs that are shaped like a box. You enter your garage that is shaped like a box and are carried into your room thats shaped like a box and put in a crib that is shaped like a box. You grow older in your box and go downstairs everymorning and eat cerial out of a box on a table that is shaped like a box and go to school on a school bus shaped like a box. Eventually you get old and work in a building shaped like a box and you get old and die and get put in a casket that is shaped like a box and put 6 feet under in a hole shaped like a box...
Enjoi_Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 07:38 AM   #5
RKRunner

Unread 03-22-2003, 03:21 PM   #6

Cool rk

-

Last edited by Guitar Hound; 05-10-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Guitar Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 11:59 PM   #7
The People's

Dissapointingly average. I was expecting more out of Relient K. Instead I end up with a CD full of filler material with a couple decent songs strewn here and there. Compared to their self-titled and Anatomy of the Tongue-in-Cheek, this album cannot compare. Yes, they're more talented now, but they didn't turn this talent into quality songs. 6. Only the couple decent songs like "Mood Ring" and "College Kids" save this from being a 5 or below.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2003, 12:52 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to John53
PEPERONI.......This is thier best cd to date. Some songs still take a few listens to get into but overall the cd is a 10. Theyre one of the more talented bands in CCM today and thiessen is one the best songwriters that i know of. Still there does seem to be a lets not talk as much about God anymore on their album but theyre some songs that make up for some of that. The best songs are definetly I am Understood, Chapped lips, Overthinking, and Falling Out.
John53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2003, 05:18 PM   #9

It's alright... just more typical Relient K stuff. I think Anatomy of the Tongue and Cheek was better.
Unread 03-28-2003, 11:47 AM   #10

Smile

this cd totally rocks...altho the messages in songs were less clear than tongue in cheek, once you've listened to the words a few times, it's like, "wow, this is so great!" my absolute fav is "i am understood", but "forward motion", "chapstick..", and of course silly shoes :-) you have to get this one.... "mood rings" is sad but sadly true...hilarious.
svetlana216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2003, 11:55 AM   #11

Awesome CD. As good if not better than 'Anatomy'. I highly reccomend this CD to any looking into buying it.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2003, 06:13 PM   #12

RK

Supercool sassy rockin cd
I can hear how they are growing as a band. It's as good as Anatomy, maybe better. I really like Mood Ring, the Eighties, and College Kids. Really good punk. If you like RK, NFG, etc. def. worth a listen.
1twelve2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2003, 10:56 AM   #13
throw up your rawkfist!!!

Send a message via AIM to punker15 Send a message via Yahoo to punker15
dissapointed... i love the music but they water down the lyrics so much there is nothing left to chew on. it's about time christian bands started singing about god again! not about mood rings and wearing pink tuxes to a prom!!!

don't get me wrong. it's a great cd. but if i non christian listened to it they most likely wouldn't even know it was christian.

anatomy of tongue in cheek will forever be my favorite.

check out my website www.ilikeskateboarding.com
punker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 01:04 AM   #14
The People's

I've figured out why I don't like it: no lyrical hooks. There's only a few songs that have a decent lyrical hook: Mood Ring, Gibberish, and College Kids. Those are also some of the more pointless songs on the CD. Their first two albums are chock full of lyrical hooks, but they dropped the ball on this one. Still enjoyable I guess, but nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe

Last edited by Skeeter; 12-14-2003 at 03:55 PM.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 01:58 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to rkcoolguy Send a message via Yahoo to rkcoolguy
Cool The CD rocks

dude i think that this cd was their best one yet.....i have to admit that some of their songs were slower than the ones on the other albums, but the songs were still cool with cool lyrics and they were still funny .....i think that rk is pretty cool and that they should keep up the cool stuff

God bless u all

PER-C