Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-21-2003, 02:34 AM   #16

well i've been moderately impressed. i played an RG series guitar adn it actually sounded pretty good. something that the guy pointed out which may be true about all guitars but i thinkibanez makes this a little more pronounces or soemthing is that when you turn down the volume you dont necessarily lose volume. you lose the gain. so you can clean up your sound by turning the volume output down but you wont lose volume. thought that was interesting. i know i can sort of do that on mine but not nearly as easy.

the thing is when you're playing a guitar in a store it's really hard to get a feel for how's it's going to play in your envirmnemtn. that's one thing i've had problme with is that lead guitar by itself doesnt sound very good. tone wise i like em. i've played an RG series but i'm considering a JEM which is close to the same hardware but more detail with the finishes adn stuff like that. try em...the RG JS and JEM series mostly. for the RG maybe try the 470 or higher. the JS i've only tried the 100 adn JEM i like the 7V but there's also a cheaper 7D.

GMartin2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-21-2003, 06:00 AM   #17
The Chameleon

Send a message via AIM to Shredcheddar
Hmm... check out the USA made Hamers, also. For the price of a JEM, you can get a top of the line American built (not Japanese, like the JEM) guitar. Now, granted, they don't have floyd rose. If you want a FR, I'd go with Ibanez . But for anything besides that, I really wouldn't reccomend Ibanez, but some other makers. Oh, for FR's, look at Jacksons, too
Unread 03-24-2003, 04:40 AM   #18

well the FR was part of it. i was wanting the versatility i'd have with a FR over a standard whammy bar. namely easier operation and bigger drops adn the like.
GMartin2R is offline   Reply With Quote