Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-02-2003, 07:57 PM   #16
titletitletitle

i also kind of disagree with saying their is a best, but i'm really bored, so here's my favorites:

Joe Satriani
Phil Keaggy
Tom Morrello (only recently since i bought the audioslave CD)
Randy Rhodes

jbm222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-03-2003, 01:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Shredcheddar
What have you heard? Glass Harp is entirely different than his solo stuff. Try the Invention CD if you didn't like Glass Harp. The point I'm getting at is, he plays so many styles that you should find something you like. But especially try out Acoustic Sketches.. so amazing. My favorite PK CD .
i'm not sure actually. i heard him playing at creation last summer. i'm not sure if he was playing anything or just doing some improv.

Quote:
Nothing against anyone who starts these threads, it's just that music is so subjective. How can there be a best anything. I mean a guitarist I might like, someone else may think he stinks. Anyways that my 2cents.
true very true...
GMartin2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2003, 11:12 PM   #18

I understand why you would object to calling someone the greatest, because it is very subjective.

However, I think that the list of greatest guitar players can be narrowed considerably if you consider the following criteria (of course this is subjective too!!!!!): originality, creativity, speed, versatility, and the influence that results from the musician. Keep 'em coming!
"Be ready always to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience (1 Peter 3:15-16).
cryaboot is offline   Reply With Quote