Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > S
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 5 1.81%
2 1 0.36%
3 2 0.72%
4 4 1.44%
5 2 0.72%
6 7 2.53%
7 13 4.69%
8 27 9.75%
9 54 19.49%
10 162 58.48%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-23-2003, 05:59 PM   #16

Very awesome and addicting CD. You could listen to it for hours and never really get tired of it. A lot of the songs have very catchy choruses, for instance, redemption. One of my favorite lines in that song musically and lyrically is the first line of the chorus of redemption. If anyone could describe the symbolism of "24" in the last song that would be great.

Unread 03-25-2003, 05:06 AM   #17
The People's

An impressive and mature album. This CD is brilliant, pure and simple. There is no way I could give this album less than a 10. The first few songs grab hold of you and every song grows on you as you continue to listen. With this album I have truly come to respect Jon Foreman as a lyricist. Each song is powerful and convicts you. Amazing.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2003, 11:13 PM   #18

Switchfoot and Chipotle

I hadn't listened to Switchfoot before until I came across this CD. Great stuff.
I like Chipotle too! We don't have it here though.
I ate at one in Chicago. Good food.
Unread 04-01-2003, 03:50 AM   #19
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Stinking AWESOME CD. Worthy of a 10. Very few are worthy of the 10. This is one. It's amazing. I bought two 10's in ONE DAY! Rock on.
Unread 04-04-2003, 12:19 PM   #20
throw up your rawkfist!!!

Send a message via AIM to punker15 Send a message via Yahoo to punker15
one of the best cds out there!

the new remix of dare you to move simply rocks.

i give it a 10
punker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 01:06 AM   #21
The People's

It's not a remix, it's a complete new recording.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 04:16 AM   #22
Elizabeth Rocks!!!

a superb cd! best of switchfoot!
<marquee bgcolor="white">[size=]Aussies on CGR: Me, Beanie, living for God, Coldtoedpunker, reags, b_hoves, tellii, Dj MeZ'nJaH, comeback2morrow, peg, ICTHUS, J.C. Freak, Seraph_princess, and joshhem, pm me if I've left anyone out![/size]</marquee>

Awesome People, visit their blogs:
IndoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 03:20 PM   #23

I like it and I'll probably like it more and more the more I listen to it. I just felt that after Meant To Live the intensity almost disappeared. The rest of the songs were good, but they weren't as good as some of their other stuff.
Unread 05-10-2003, 08:35 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to BigDale102
This cd is just plain AWESOME!!!! I give it a 10. I saw these guys live at the Agapé music festival and they rocked the stage. Meant to Live is just an awesome song. I constantly have the opening riff stuck in my head.
BigDale102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:06 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to MightHaveBenHur
Skeeter_Dan, are you a Homestarrunner fan? Awesome

~MiRanda
MightHaveBenHur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2003, 04:51 PM   #26

I first found out about Switchfoot when I was flipping through a CCM magazine back when they first came out. There was an article there about this hot new band, and I recognized the name of an old friend of mine!!! I thought it had to be coincidence, then I saw the brothers name and I knew it wasn't. Jon and I had been best friends back before kindergarten! So I picked up the album just to see how they were and was immediatly impressed. Even though I wasn't that into their style at that point, I thought their musical skill and lyrics were great. I've followed their careers and have watched their style mature and improve, which brings me to this album. This album is awesome!!! Easily the best one they've done so far. The lyrics are very thoughtful and the music is great. This CD gets a "10" from me.
JCarpzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2003, 09:26 AM   #27
she overflows

Send a message via AIM to HisFreshClay
homestarrunner??!

dawg!!! i havent looked there in FOREVER!!

i can't even remember where i heard of it from. i loved it tho. it reminds me of BLEACH.

ok back to switchfoot

i havent bought it yet, my friend did, doesn't like it. i've only heard meant to live on there. i think i'm gonna steal it from him and check it out so i can offer up my 2 cents. yep.

rock for Jesus~~
HisFreshClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 10:20 AM   #28

This another great 10-worthy CD. This is an awesome album, you MUST get it if you're into the Christian rock scene.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2003, 03:11 AM   #29
Glaciuz

Wink

Having only recently heard Switchfoot, i am new to the band. I came to hear switchfoot through a mate of mine who had this album - on first impressions i thought this album was sick! Whilst some of the song composition was pretty bad (on meant to live for example when jon is singing "we want more than this world has to offer" he goes on to sing this catchy as solo bit, then it suddenly gets interrupted with the chorus-ARRR!) most of it was good, with every song being reasonable. Anyways i have just heard their first album "legend of Chin" and it is sooo much better! Ok, maybe the lyrics are a bit raw, but hey, it actually has decent guitaring!!!! After all, this IS a guitar site..... :P

All in all, id give "Beautiful Letdown" a 7 out of 10.....good, but a bit to poppy for my liking.
Unread 06-21-2003, 09:18 PM   #30
you DID find it.

this cd was great! loved listening to it and was sad when it was all done. it is easy listening, not as hard as i like it, but hey! many of my friends have bought this cd, not knowing that that is was Christian and loving it (only to find out what it really was- but didn't throw it away-an impovement)

grrrrrrrrreat band for the secular dudes and dudettes