Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-27-2003, 05:20 AM   #16
from the womb to the tomb

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Squeeky
At the one Guitar Center in my borough, the Taylor 614ce was as I remember, $2,800. None of the Sam Ash's I've been to even carry Taylor.

I should probably try the smaller shops, but I've tried a few and was completely dissappointed in the selection. All of them Korean-made guitars with muddy hideous strings.

As I recall there's another GC in Brooklyn (I could be wrong), but the one in Queens really dominates the market. I've asked around for about a couple of years and I haven't really heard any other stores reccommended.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting on your side of the river to check out some Yairi guitars. I did a search online and no store in NYC is even listed as carrying them. Pfeh, you'd think the capital of the world would have more in the way of guitars huh?

Unread 02-27-2003, 07:24 PM   #17
My famlily

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Squeeky
Pfeh, you'd think the capital of the world would have more in the way of guitars huh?
Have you tried Manny's? My Dad took me there years ago to buy a guitar once. Also there is a place in Hoboken that sell Taylors. I can't remember the name of the place though. I could tell you other places in NJ, but there all over.
Unread 02-27-2003, 08:48 PM   #18
from the womb to the tomb

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Squeeky
Hmmmmm.......... Manny's. I HAVE heard stuff about it, but never had the time to go and check it out...