Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > E
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.70%
2 1 1.09%
3 1 1.09%
4 2 2.17%
5 2 2.17%
6 0 0%
7 8 8.70%
8 17 18.48%
9 19 20.65%
10 34 36.96%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #76
Your car crash eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
First off, I don't. Secondly, even if they do say the same thing, this thought is correct. Thirdly, turning a source of knoweldge off because they are wrong sometimes is a recipe for disaster.
That was a joke.
Quote:
That's just ridiculous. I don't have sex because I am not married. Having sex would be very pleasurable, though. It would be WRONG for me to have sex before I am married. I would like having sex, but it would be wrong.
What's your point?

Unread 12-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #77
reaching for something

Send a message via AIM to jump4joy07
Ok with the whole painting thing. Would you rate a painting as crap if you didn't like the painter? Even if you liked the painting? So therefore you are rating the painting based on your thoughts of the painter, and your rating is biased.So you are rating the painter, not the painting.

~*~My Blog~*~
my xanga
myspace is the place

where ever you go i will be waiting....
jump4joy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2004, 11:56 AM   #78
Your car crash eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump4joy07
Ok with the whole painting thing. Would you rate a painting as crap if you didn't like the painter? Even if you liked the painting? So therefore you are rating the painting based on your thoughts of the painter, and your rating is biased.So you are rating the painter, not the painting.
Exactly.

Andrew, if you did act like a jackass in Theology, but told a funny joke in CPF, am I not allowed to laugh at your joke and say you're funny, even though I think you are quiet rude at the same time?
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:12 PM   #79
Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Send a message via MSN to Dancer3
They're Christian????!!!!!!! I had no clue. I always thought they were goth... so I quit listening. But, wow. that's cool. I guess that just goes to show, don't judge an album by it's cover. Thanxs for settin' me straight.
Dancer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:36 PM   #80
Your car crash eyes...

Yeah, if your Gothic you can't be Christian. What's with all these Gothic Christians anyways? It's an oxymoron!
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:49 PM   #81
louis15x

skillet practicaly shows us that goth people can be christains...or they show us that not everyone that looks goth and kind of acts goth is a goth...which is what i like more.

I hear the drummer is definitely not a christian and im very sure the guitarist is'nt a christian also (after seeing what he called his distortion settings and what he said about the amp he uses on line6.com) i dont know who the writer of the songs are (i just borrowed the cd) but im guessing that he / she is a christian and maybe the basser and pianist are also....i dont know much about this band but the lyrics are very christian like (except the line "raping me" on haunted....it kind of confuses me lol) i think there a half-chrisitan band. it'll be interesting to see what direction they go in the future.
Unread 12-29-2004, 07:25 PM   #82
reaching for something

Send a message via AIM to jump4joy07
ok.. not to change the subject.... but i really don't get the point behind labeling someone "gothic". Because gothic in its true meaning has nothing to do with how a person looks. Just wondering.the whole labeling this person this and that person something else really bugs me. i dunno. just a thought!

~*~My Blog~*~
my xanga
myspace is the place

where ever you go i will be waiting....
jump4joy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #83
I've Left CGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
A band is inherently connected to an album, as is an artist with a painting.
dude. I started a debate. HAHAHA okay. One the terms you guys have been arguing about.

I give the actual cd a 10
The band I give a 7.

Happy now?
Unread 12-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #84
I've Left CGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlock
Yeah, if your Gothic you can't be Christian. What's with all these Gothic Christians anyways? It's an oxymoron!
You are ignorant. I am gothic and a very strong Christian. I was adopted anr raised by Pastors. And no. I'm not the typical rebellious pastors kid. I don't like the strictness of their rules. But don't all teenagers?

Okay back on subject. I give the cd a ten.

*edited* sorry mattlock for calling you ignorant. But don't judge before you know people. Get to know some Christian goths. I think you will be presently suprised.

Last edited by chemical_girl; 12-30-2004 at 12:01 PM.
chemical_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:55 PM   #85
Your car crash eyes...

You are ignorant. I am sarcastic. I was bore to stong Christian parents. No, I'm not the most sarcastic kid you'll ever meet.

Sorry Chemical_girl for calling you ingnorant, but before you reply to my posts, learn what sarcasm is.
Unread 12-31-2004, 12:02 AM   #86
the ghost at your side

Send a message via MSN to Opie
Quote:
You are ignorant. I am sarcastic. I was bore to stong Christian parents. No, I'm not the most sarcastic kid you'll ever meet.

Sorry Chemical_girl for calling you ingnorant, but before you reply to my posts, learn what sarcasm is.
hahahahaha no wait
Unread 12-31-2004, 11:48 AM   #87
I've Left CGR

Quote:

that was sarcasm? hahahaha what is your version of sarcasm? That sounded like you where agreeing. Argh n/m. I don't want to argue. sorry. Oh, Whatever, Nevermind.
Truce?

Quote:
Mattlock said:

hahahahaha no wait
Aren't you supposed to be emo? Aren't emo people supposed to be sad?
Unread 12-31-2004, 01:06 PM   #88

After thinking about this for a while... Hmm. Okay, I retract my initial argument. The original poster, when she said that she didn't like them, I took her to mean that she didn't like them because they sold themselves as Christians, but aren't. In which case, I would view it like this:

It would be like buying a Renaissance painting off of eBay. The advertisement said it was a Renaissance era painting. You buy this painting, and when it gets to your house, and you open it and see it for the first time, it is morden art. You would have a right to be mad, even if you considered it good modern art.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2004, 01:32 PM   #89
Your car crash eyes...

Emo? Sure...

I told you Andrew.
Unread 12-31-2004, 02:14 PM   #90

Told me what? Haha. I just refuted your original post. I just used a different method.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote