Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > E
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.70%
2 1 1.09%
3 1 1.09%
4 2 2.17%
5 2 2.17%
6 0 0%
7 8 8.70%
8 17 18.48%
9 19 20.65%
10 34 36.96%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-29-2004, 07:35 PM   #46

*edit by Art - Please, this is a thread to review the CD. We have already been through this. If you want to talk about the band's spirituality, this is not the place.*

Last edited by Art; 03-30-2004 at 01:01 AM.
hammer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-26-2004, 10:39 PM   #47
Can't Stop, Won't Stop

Send a message via AIM to SetAblaze21
Can I get a little love around here? Leave the hatin to the haters and be a little bit more postitive kids I happen to love this band, though i think most of it is Amy Lee's vocals. You could probably put her with a car engine running and a banjo being played by an elephant and her music would still sound gorgeous. Main point, Fallen is one of the best modern rock albums ive heard in a while, and furthermore, I feel like I can pull a christian message out of most of the music. Not only is Toruniquet God-centered, but take a listen to "Taking over Me" and think about your own relationship with God. Just a little challenge

In His Peace

BOOMBABY!

Official Fan of:
Kutless, TFK, TobyMac, Third Day, Kirk Franklin, Anberlin, Relient K, Switchfoot, POD, FM Static, 38th Parallel, David Crowder Band, Newsboys, Jeremy Camp, Pillar, and the list is always growing...

---I HATE SMILIES !---
SetAblaze21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2004, 05:39 PM   #48
look. look at that girl.

Send a message via AIM to Ayria
i like evanescence too i think yes, it can be called depressing, so if you're already sad or don't like sad music, don't listen to it, but basically i love the soundings of the songs.

aimer-moi, mon amour

and oh don't you wish
/that things like life/were easy, for/
fools like you?

http://www.xanga.com/MonAmi199

<a href="http://facebook.com/p.php?id=68101856&l=6d9e15547c">Facebook me!</a>
Ayria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2004, 01:32 AM   #49
The Alaskan

Great cd. Awesome vocals, nice crunchy guitars, some cool string and piano stuffage, and deep lyrics. The only I don't like is the choir that's on some of the tracks. Sound kinda corny I think.
Jimvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 11:24 AM   #50
On my way...

Send a message via AIM to mtcatch
I loved this CD. The only problem that I have is that there are 2 My Immortal tracks, the first being the more "mellow" version. Quite fankly, it stinks, and I can't even stand to listen to it. mainly because her vocals are just off. I don't know if she sang it, then they put in the music, or what, but the tone it terrible. I don't know why they didn't just use the second version (which is the one they like to put on the radio). Otherwise, this is a great CD whether they are "Christians" or not. It's uplifting, yet still has that edge.
Unread 07-01-2004, 01:39 AM   #51
Pokemon trainer

Good CD by a good band, but "Origin" is a better work than this.
beau99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #52
Dining alone tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppa™
Thought I'd post something in here that actually falls under what this thread is about. I enjoy the music video/radio version of "My Immortal" a lot more than the album version. The guitars and drums that come in at the end really gives it an exclamation point. Plus it's fun to air-drum to.
The version of "My Immortal" with guitars/drums is on the CD. Track 12.

Now for my opinions:

Is Evanescence a "Christian band": No

Is their music good: Yes

I gave it an 8. They can't hold a candle to The Beatles. But then again, who can?

Gecko of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #53
Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko of Doom
Not if you bought the album before this year.
Unread 07-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #54
Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko of Doom
Unread 07-19-2004, 09:08 PM   #55
Dining alone tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau99
Oh. Ok. I just bought the album last week... finally decided to actually spend some money. Or rather, actually had some money to spend!

Gecko of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #56
Tragic_Endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimvee
As to all this business about Eva being christians or not.....does it really matter? It's not a sin to listen to non-christian music, in fact it can even be refreshing at times. Just take it for what it is, a great modern rock cd.

Evanescence is not a christain band they do not sing all about god about 1 or two of them have the words god in it but dont speak of god soo therefore meaning that they arnt christain and me i am an emo girl if your wondering ha!
Unread 08-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #57

Send a message via AIM to .....
Evanescence chose not to be in the Christian genre because they don't want to be pigeonholed (categorized). The band was actually formed in a Youth Praise and Worship camp and each one of the members are still very much devoted to Christ.
One of the former member of Evanescence, named David Hodges, is starting a band of his own (a Christian Band) and he's VERY talented and he has strong faith.

www.notachristianband.com
^ You can read some of the "hate" mails this site received just because they decided to name it "Not a Christian Band". Read it so you may understand more.

And on David, you can read about him here: www.notachristianband.com/david In his interview, he shows great faith in God that amazes me.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I have no time to read the whole thread...
..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #58
Vicent

Thumbs up the coooollll!

Nossa tá uma merda esse seu site, não dá nem pra ouvir música... contine assim essa POHHAA vai longe^^ thau!! Bye bye XD
Unread 10-19-2004, 11:47 PM   #59
...loves his hollowbody!

I say just forget the whole is Evanescence a Christian band or not debate and enjoy their music. I mean, Amy Lee's voice is just.......incredible. And it is so unique in that style of music. Plus, she's kinda hot......... That's is sooooo not a reason for likeing their cd, though. Anyways, I gave it a 9. An excellent cd.

John
Pod XT Live
Peavey Classic 30

<a href="http://www.purevolume.com/remnantgeneration" target="_blank">Check out my band, Remnant, on purevolume.com</a>

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/remnantgeneration" target="_blank">and on myspace</a>
JaytheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2004, 12:55 PM   #60
the sun is often out

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkess
I say just forget the whole is Evanescence a Christian band or not debate and enjoy their music. I mean, Amy Lee's voice is just.......incredible. And it is so unique in that style of music. Plus, she's kinda hot......... That's is sooooo not a reason for likeing their cd,
lol yeah she is hot + GREAT voice! CD kicks major butt. Buy it.. can't wait for a new CD!
natedawg5280 is offline   Reply With Quote