Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > E
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.70%
2 1 1.09%
3 1 1.09%
4 2 2.17%
5 2 2.17%
6 0 0%
7 8 8.70%
8 17 18.48%
9 19 20.65%
10 34 36.96%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-12-2004, 10:51 PM   #31
It's Dot Com!!!

Send a message via AIM to Choppa™ Send a message via MSN to Choppa™
uh... nice post...

This site isn't strictly for reviewing Christian music and Christian bands. As you can see with a quick glance through the site, CGR also reviews albums by The Juliana Theory... a band that has never confessed Jesus Christ as their savior in their music. But they do have a Christian theme to much of their music, just like Evanescence. That's why they're here.

Choppa™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:16 PM   #32
harry potter

Talking the relativity of be or not to be a christian band...

hi! first of all, excuse me for my poor english, i'm from Spain and i've a poor english...
Well... I don't think than Evanescence are a christian band... yes, they speak of god, and their lyrics doesn't speak of the rock topics (sex, drugs,...) But not only is a christian rock band a band who speaks of god or jesus... There are bands that you don't think that they're christians, but they speak of some christian topics... there are some exemples, like Live, K's choice, Zwan, Silverchair or Smashing Pumpkins... They're interested of god... they're christians, but they're not a christian band...
ahmmm... i hope that you answer to me... i like to read your messages... if you want something you can write to me, my mail is mistykmallorca@yahoo.es
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:59 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry potter
hi! first of all, excuse me for my poor english, i'm from Spain and i've a poor english...
Your english is much much better than most young teenagers english. I can't figure what they're saying most of the time.

Quote:
There are bands that you don't think that they're christians, but they speak of some christian topics... there are some exemples, like Live, K's choice, Zwan, Silverchair or Smashing Pumpkins... They're interested of god... they're christians, but they're not a christian band...
Ummmm as far as I know none of those bands have Christian members. I know the Billy Corgan isn't a Christian and I the doubt the rest are. The guys in LIve are very spiritual but not actually Christians. I've never heard it said that members of K's Choice or Silverchair are Christians.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2004, 11:49 PM   #34
Where have I been?

Send a message via AIM to Thespia Send a message via Yahoo to Thespia
Amy Lee (from what I hear from people who DO know) is not a woman of Prov. 31 morals. I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. I highly doubt she is a Christian. (But the Lord my surprise us yet).
Unread 01-16-2004, 01:01 AM   #35
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jas de F Send a message via MSN to Jas de F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespia
Amy Lee (from what I hear from people who DO know) is not a woman of Prov. 31 morals. I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. I highly doubt she is a Christian. (But the Lord my surprise us yet).
I listen to the band because I believe their music has value, not because one or two or however many of the band members may profess some form of "Christianity."

However...

Would you care to elaborate? In what way is Lee not a Prov. 31 woman?
Jas de F is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2004, 02:47 AM   #36
Where have I been?

Send a message via AIM to Thespia Send a message via Yahoo to Thespia
I can't eleborate. Trust me.
Unread 01-16-2004, 04:00 AM   #37
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Notice to all:

This is NOT a thread on the spirtuality or Christianity of Evanescence. This is a thread for reviewing the CD, Fallen. Any further off topic posts will be deleted. Please take the talk about their Christianity or lack thereof to the designated thread in their forum. Thank you.
Unread 01-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #38
gypsy queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
Given the posters profile and post, I'm under the impression that the poster doesn't like radio-friendly hard rock. Thus believes all those bands are "bad music." I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the spiritual nature of the lyrics. I think the profile said the poster liked Further Seems Forever. This would indicate the person likes "emo." Basically trading one scene for another. Doesn't make much sense to me why one would be good music and the other bad music.
Hey, I'm an emo girl (most of my favorite bands are on independent labels, if that tells you anything), and I *love* Evanescence, so I have absolutely no idea what this poster's deal is. Ah, well, to each his/her own.
Unread 01-22-2004, 12:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonL1fe
*edited out by Art. I don't want this garbage being spread*
Exactly what does the following mean to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
This is NOT a thread on the spirtuality or Christianity of Evanescence. This is a thread for reviewing the CD, Fallen. Any further off topic posts will be deleted. Please take the talk about their Christianity or lack thereof to the designated thread in their forum. Thank you.
~Jon

*edit by art - Thanks Jon.

Last edited by Art; 01-22-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 07:54 PM   #40

GARBAGE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemOfAJon
Exactly what does the following mean to you?

~Jon

*edit by art - Thanks Jon.
How does that constitute as garbage? It was the truth!! and i did not see that until after i had posted it... i was in a hurry and at school... Besides, that was the answer to the debate that was being had... What better source to end a debate than to go straight to the source... i did not mean to start trouble, so for that i am sorry...
In Him
~Andy
WonL1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 08:22 PM   #41

Quote:
How does that constitute as garbage? It was the truth!! and i did not see that until after i had posted it... i was in a hurry and at school... Besides, that was the answer to the debate that was being had... What better source to end a debate than to go straight to the source... i did not mean to start trouble, so for that i am sorry...
In Him
~Andy
Garbage is Art and my own opinion of a sheltered Christianity perspective. The truth? Sounds like I could start a debate. Odd, there's already a thread for the debates.

Sounds like another spliteroo, Art.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2004, 01:39 AM   #42
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
In Him
~Andy
I wasn't calling your content garbage. I only called the post, which was in this thread when it wasn't supposed to be, garbage. No offense meant.
Unread 01-23-2004, 12:49 PM   #43

When i first heard the song "bring me to life", i thought, wow that's a really good song, and i loved it. Then i heard the rest of their CD... I think they are a good band with lots of talent, but most of their songs are a little too "mellow" for my liking. Still i think this is a pretty good CD and i recommend it to anyone who likes more mellow stuff.
Unread 02-29-2004, 10:16 PM   #45
The Alaskan

As to all this business about Eva being christians or not.....does it really matter? It's not a sin to listen to non-christian music, in fact it can even be refreshing at times. Just take it for what it is, a great modern rock cd.
Jimvee is offline   Reply With Quote