Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > E
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.70%
2 1 1.09%
3 1 1.09%
4 2 2.17%
5 2 2.17%
6 0 0%
7 8 8.70%
8 17 18.48%
9 19 20.65%
10 34 36.96%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-18-2003, 09:17 AM   #16
MMmmm tasty

Send a message via AIM to nickman945236
You say they have distanced themselves from christ? well, maybe they have. But everyone has hard times in their walk with christ. I mean, could any one of us truthfully proclaim that we have never faltered in our faith? Give them a break. Maybe they'll come around.

I let go, there's just no one, no one like you
nickman945236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-11-2003, 09:37 AM   #17
Rue

Send a message via AIM to Rue
The thing is, I don't think they're pulling themselves away from Christ, I think they're pulling themselves away from that stigma that other people give the Christian faith. Honestly, I don't blame them. I myself have some issues w/ the "Christian" community today but I still love the Lord w/ all that I am.
So don't give up and don't let go.
-Jars of Clay
"I'm in the Way"
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:10 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to lastplacewinner
ugggh

this cd is full of the crumby nu-metal that is clogging the radio these days. however, there is one stipulation.....................A GIRL SINGER!!!!!1 oooooooo that makes them soooo original. except not. if given a choice between listening to this album and drinking bleach, hand me the chlorox.

basically if you like bad music like linkin park, creed, and trapt then get this cd.
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:21 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Wow, death over Evanescence. What exactly is good music to you?

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2003, 05:56 PM   #20
MMmmm tasty

Send a message via AIM to nickman945236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplacewinner
basically if you like bad music like linkin park, creed, and trapt then get this cd.
I love those artists!
Nickman

P.S. *passes bleach bottle*

I let go, there's just no one, no one like you
nickman945236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2003, 01:39 PM   #21
hard rocker!

Send a message via AIM to TXan rockbabe19 Send a message via Yahoo to TXan rockbabe19
now wait just a minute fellows...

"bad music like linkin park, creed, and trapt"? are we speaking as in their music or Christian relativeness....b/c in the relativesness way, yes i can see how they are bad, but their music-well for creed at least-is not all that bad...creed actually, to me, has an uplifting kinda spiritual meaning in the lyrics...as for linkin park and trapt...they arent well bound towards being sold in Christian stores, but their music is alright.

does anyone agree or am i once again a loner?

as for Evanescence: their album isnt very christian and they seem not to be that religious either, but come on these people seem like they have been going through some rough times..though their song "Tourniquet" does seem to have a God related point and reminds me of myself..most of their lyrics are morbid and dark..
you protect me with your power.
Your knowledge of me is too deep;
it is beyond my understanding."
TXan rockbabe19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2003, 05:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXan rockbabe19
now wait just a minute fellows...

"bad music like linkin park, creed, and trapt"? are we speaking as in their music or Christian relativeness....b/c in the relativesness way, yes i can see how they are bad, but their music-well for creed at least-is not all that bad...creed actually, to me, has an uplifting kinda spiritual meaning in the lyrics...as for linkin park and trapt...they arent well bound towards being sold in Christian stores, but their music is alright.
Given the posters profile and post, I'm under the impression that the poster doesn't like radio-friendly hard rock. Thus believes all those bands are "bad music." I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the spiritual nature of the lyrics. I think the profile said the poster liked Further Seems Forever. This would indicate the person likes "emo." Basically trading one scene for another. Doesn't make much sense to me why one would be good music and the other bad music.
Unread 10-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to lastplacewinner
basic facs. i'm an elitist, so that give me the power of telling people that their music sucks, and jock the crap out of mine. i think further is the most main stream band i listen to.
Unread 12-05-2003, 03:23 AM   #24
Hyperdancer

Send a message via ICQ to Sapphy Send a message via AIM to Sapphy Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphy
My Feelings on this album are that it's great for the days when you are angry, or sad or endlessly seeking, because it reminds you that being a christian, you're never alone, and other people have felt the way you have felt too. Hello always brings a teear to my eye and I like that in a song. And scarily it's great for just chinning to with your bf and/or mates, and good party music. 8 for a good alrounder
Sapphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2003, 03:28 AM   #25

Quote:
basic facs. i'm an elitist, so that give me the power of telling people that their music sucks, and jock the crap out of mine. i think further is the most main stream band i listen to.
Its difficult to be taken seriously as an elitist when you have bad spelling and grammar. However, you get bonus points for saying "jock the crap out of mine." I don't have a clue what that means, but it entertained me.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Unread 12-05-2003, 04:21 AM   #26
Epic Clayail

Quote:
Yeah, I bet I like more elitist stuff than you do. I love the Mountain Goats, Embrace, and Big Black. And I think that Evanescence, while not the saviors of rock and roll, have an interesting twist.

Don't be afraid to like things for their own sake, and not the culture you associate with it.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2003, 01:30 AM   #27
Peace Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to sheep Send a message via Yahoo to sheep
i think they're rockin... never heard anything like them before. they pull at my heartstrings. they've obviously been struggling with their faith, but heaven forbid we condemn them to music hell for it! pray for them! listen to their lyrics and see what's happening in their lives. it's good music if you ask me... that hard rock with the piano and captivating voice that carries a mystic tune unlike the rock bands that only know how to yell. that's passion folks.

If Jesus didn't side with the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, Priests, Romans, Kings, etc, what makes you think that He will side with your political party? Think about it.

Thought for the moment/day/week/month or so...

Why do people have "Power of Pride" and "Proud to be an American" bumperstickers? Proverbs 16:18

*Please keep Mike in your prayers folks. Thanks!*
sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2004, 04:01 AM   #28

EVANESCENCE IS #1

Hey Everybody,

I'm sick with the people who say "Evanescence aren't christians" Every single time I've seen them they thanked God for everything he has done for them. Have you even listened to the CD? On some of their songs the will bring up God and how he knows the way. You know what? They might not always make the right choises but who does? they might not be a "christian" band, but you know what? they will at least put that in their lyrics. i think that if the were so "anti christian" they wouldn't do that. they are awsome, their lyrics are good, they have a great band, their lead singer is amazing. They are reaching out beyond the christian boundries. They rock

lauren
abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2004, 05:09 AM   #29
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
They are showing everybody a terrible example of Christianity. That's all they are doing.

Not that I don't like their music. I do.
Unread 01-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #30

Fallen

This is by far my favorite cd of forever. If you people who stop putting the Christian label on every band that uses god and religion in their music, It'd be nice. If you would note the fact they pulled their album out of Christian stores and they have repeatedly said they aren't a Christian band. Just because god is mentioned in two fo their songs doesn't mean that they are Christian. They write about life. Part of life is religion. The main Christian member left the band. This album shouldn't be on this website. Maybe you should research your artists before labeling.
-Damned4Ever
GodHatesMe is offline   Reply With Quote