Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 2.53%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 1.27%
6 1 1.27%
7 4 5.06%
8 7 8.86%
9 14 17.72%
10 50 63.29%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
In the context of the album, it does seem a bit out of place since its the only thing like that on the album. As a stand alone song, it seems perfectly natural, to me at least.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-21-2003, 12:01 AM   #17
now has an Xkcer Woman

Send a message via ICQ to Xkcer Man Send a message via AIM to Xkcer Man Send a message via MSN to Xkcer Man Send a message via Yahoo to Xkcer Man
I still like the song, but yelling just bothers me a little bit.
Unread 08-12-2003, 12:20 AM   #18

This is by far THE BEST cd i ever got! I was blessed by Go in ALL the songs. My favs tho in this CD wud b: Stay, One Day At A Time, I Still Believe, Take My Life, Right Here, Understand & Beaking My Fall. My overall fav wud have to b Stay cuz i get so into it that i even start playing air guitar in the train while listening to it.
alienyouthron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2003, 09:25 PM   #19
nothin-without-JC

Send a message via AIM to aga_xris Send a message via Yahoo to aga_xris
this man has earned my respect!!!! give em the ol 10! 10! 10!... WOOOHooo@@@... YEAH

"Passion knows NO LOGIC"
aga_xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2003, 06:04 PM   #20

Canes305 was right on. This is a must have album!!!
jimmy_cocopuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2003, 08:26 PM   #21
jc rocks

this cd is definitley the best one i have if you have it now go out and get it! every song rocks! his voice is amazing and hes even better in concert which is hard to believe! and to Xkcer Man... his voice in take my life rocks and the yelling (and compared to some bands its not really yelling) is what makes it awesome... that probably the best song on his cd ...and to Indo Guy.... a 6?! his voice is awesome!!... he has a worship cd coming out feb. 3 and in the fall his own new album... so definitley get both of those! god bless
Unread 10-30-2003, 10:46 AM   #22

Post Music Review

Jeremy Camp ~ Stay

The Sound- Post-Grunge pop with acoustic flare

The Similarities- Jeremy borrows from alot of great references including Creed, Matchbox 20, Lifehouse, Dave Matthews Band, Nickelback, and a little Led Zeppelin.

The Skinny- Jeremy definately sold me on this disc with the songs that I heard before I bought it. He pumps out some great tunes, however he could still use a little work on originality and creativity. My advice: Buy this Disc!

The Stars- 9 (out of 10)

The Songs & Stories- I'm sure everyone has heard the story behind Jeremys life. It's almost right out of a movie(think "A Walk to Remember".) While leading worship at his church a few years back, he fell in love with a girl named Melissa and shortly thereafter they began dating. They eventually separated because Melissa had said she needed more time with the Lord and that He was preparing her for something. He, broken-heartedly continued to grow in his work, and more in love with music. Later, Jeremy found out that Melissa had ovarian cancer. The two pledged their love for the other and were married, despite the large possibility that Melissa would die. She held a positive attitude and was strong in the Lord until the day she died. Jeremy's short marriage to her tested his faith, and he definately learned alot about trusting God from the experience. So, technically, Melissa had a very large influence in what was written in Jeremy's album, "Stay".
When I first heard Jeremy, it was through a friends downloaded(illegally no less --) song "Understand". It was one of the most catchy songs that I have ever heard. The vocal sound of Creed's Scott Stapp along with Nickelback's guitars was something that definately got me interested. From there, I heard "I Still Believe", the first radio single, as well as "Take my Life", a hard rocker on one of the "Ultimate X" cds. I then bought the disc, expecting the same heavy Creed-like rock, and I think I did have greater expectations for the album than what I actually recieved, but do not get me wrong; this disc is almost flawless. One of the best new cds of this year. It starts out with "Understand", with the words, "I know You understand it all/ So why dont I get back on my feet again." This is related to his relationship with Melissa, and the pain, despair, and grief that was in his heart after her death. Then comes "Right Here", my favorite song. It has the same sound as Matchbox 20, and actually I thought I was listening to the MAtchbox 20 cd when I heard this. Alot of Jeremys songs are the same,...the albums only flaw. The songs, "I Still Believe", "Understand", "Walk by Faith", "One Day at a Time", and others all carry the same message which is basically summed up in "I Still Believe": "Even when I dont see, I Still Believe." It doesn't help that some of the songs also sound the same too,...all with a steady 3/4 time rock ballad. "Take My Life" and the beautiful, Matchbox 20-esque "In Your Presence" are 2 of the best songs I think he has written, and "Breaking My Fall" was very catchy. "Take my Life" especially reminds me of Nickelback, as does "One Day at a Time", as they both pound on the same guitar effects that Nickelbackk does. "I Know Your Calling" brings out the Lifehouse of Jeremy and it definately spoke to me after hearing it. As I said before, the only thing wrong with this cd is that it all sounds too much alike. Albums who's songs tie together thematically, and albums who's songs sound the same are different. Jeremy has a great voice, an excellent backing band, and some of the best vocal and guitar effects that I think I've ever heard in a rock artist, apparent in "Stay", "Breaking My Fall" and "Nothing". I do believe that Jeremy is very talented, however I dont see a ton of effort put into this. All these songs were written by Jeremy, with influences, no doubt from God, Melissa, and Dave MAtthews, who Jeremy said was the one who inspired him. I like it!

The Summary- This is a very catchy album, that Christians are eating up because they have been waiting for a post-grunge artist like Creed, that has some guts and whos not afraid to stand up. Jeremy's message is clear, and he his words point straight to Christ, he doesn't talk in riddles leaving people wondering exactly what he means. I think that is that quality that makes me enjoy this cd the most. He mixes several artistic styles together, however he wont be able to do it forever, since the post-grunge sound is everywhere now, and people are soon going to be tired of it. I'm sure that Jeremy's recent marriage to Adrienne from the disbanding Benjamin Gate will help him expand into more styles musically and hopefully more ideas lyrically. "Stay" gets a thumbs-up from me, and I can't wait to meet Melissa, the woman who had such a great effect on this great disc. To anyone out there,....Buy this one.
shortyduhop3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2003, 08:38 AM   #23

All I have to say is AMEN!!!!
Well maybe that's not all I have to say. I have had this CD for about 6 months and I am still reeling from this awesome CD. I first heard of Jeremy when I saw his video for "Understand". Then I heard "I Still Believe" on the radio. I wasn't sure why but I knew I had to get this CD (I really don't like Creed or Matchbox 20 and I don't even know who Nickleback is). I am more of a Grits and Out of Eden fan but I fell in love with Jeremy's music the second I put it in my CD player. Then I read the awesome story behind "I Still Believe" (I cried for a good week) and I became a bonafide Jeremy Camp fan. I have to say Adrienne is an extremely lucky woman. I pray my future husband has a heart after God like Jeremy.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the different music styles on the CD. You go from pop to praise to rock. I normally would gag to hear a song like "Take My LIfe" (especially the screaming) but I have to say that is one of my favorite songs on the CD!! I can't wait to see the video. Ironically the very next song is "In Your Presesnce" (a beautiful praise song) and I use that in my personal worship time. "Right Here" "I know Your Calling Me" are the only lacking songs on the CD and they are still good enough to be radio worthy. My favorites are "Understand" "One Day at a Time" "I Still Believe" "Take My Life" and "In Your Presesnce". I am a CD-holic and in my opinion this has to be the best CD I have bought all year. SO GO GET IT ALREADY!!! !10+++!!!!!
Unread 12-05-2003, 10:30 PM   #24
BONECRUSHA

Thumbs up ITS ALL GOODIN GRAVY!

THIS WUZ THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER HEARD HIS MUSIC. AND U KNOW WHY U HEARD IT. IT IS SO GOD DRIVEN. HE HAS A AWESOME VOICE AND HE REALLY BLESSED ME. HIS SONGS TOUCHED MY LIFE AND HELPED ME TO SEE THAT FOLLOWIN GODS PLAN FOR UR LIFE. THAT GOD WILL BLESS U IN FOLLOWIN HIM, JUST LIKE HE DID JEREMY. I LUV THA MUSIC!
Unread 01-23-2004, 06:31 PM   #25
Just an Average CGR User.

Send a message via AIM to bigpirate Send a message via MSN to bigpirate Send a message via Yahoo to bigpirate
Yeah, this CD rocks... it is on sale at Family Christian for 9.99 so I finally stopped bumming off of my friends and got this one myself... it is amazing. I can't wait for his worship project.

This is the myspace music site.
This is the new blog.
"Yesterday is history... tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift from God...
that's why they call it the Present!"
-D.R. Coleman

my Xanga.

"If your happiness comes from something you deposit, drive, drink, or digest, then face it-- you are in prison, the prison of want."
-Max Lucado
bigpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #26
Play For An Audience Of 1

Send a message via AIM to GuitarDrumr4G Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarDrumr4G
CARRIED ME * The Worship Project

Stay was definitely a great album, but personally, I fell in love with CARRIED ME * The Worship Project. I think it's awesome because I've used a lot of the songs with the praise and worship group that I play with. I wish more artists would come out with albums like that. I give Stay a 9 and CARRIED ME * The Worship Project a 10. Great CD.

---Thomas

"You laugh at us because we're different...but we laugh because you're all the same." - The Revolt Tour

"People are always afraid of what's different." - Cool Runnings
GuitarDrumr4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #27
CO rules

I think Stay is his best album. its great. i wish i could have gone to his concert in CO. i heard it was awesome. none of the bands that played directed it more to worship then themselves.
Unread 02-26-2004, 09:37 PM   #28
Look into my eyes.

Awesome cd, I got it personally signed by J. Camp himself cuz he was actually at my church! yay! Now I wanna go listen to it again, it's been a while. My favorite has always been "Understand", it just really pertains to life's aspects and hardships and how God can help us through it all, because He understands it all (exactly what we are going through, because He's been through it), and that with and through Christ all things ARE possible and we can get up on our Feet again and just Trust God to lead us always, because of the Cross He died for us on and now we can carry the Cross through life...or somethin' like that, lol..

I also like "One day at a Time", "Walk by Faith", and "I still believe", but overall they are all pretty good. I gave it an 8, because I am a tough critic.
B asic
I ntructions
B efore
L eaving
E arth</td></tr></table>
<marquee>Philippians 4:4-6</marquee>
Enter if ye dare and leave your marking.
Christ-is-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2004, 01:07 PM   #29
Mike

Send a message via AIM to mikeman4-christ
Thumbs up

Incredible!!!!! I love take my life its so awesome!!! as soon as i heard it i turned it up and wanted to sing it and play it on my guitar!!!
10 10 10!!!!!!
mikeman4-christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #30
Jeremy Camp Rocks

This Cd Rocks

This i a cd from my favorite artist' Jeremy Camp'. This dude is awsome. Ive been a fan for about two years now. He is so awsome. He has such a heart for God. I had a pretty messed up life, and when I heard this cd I was just overwellmed with joy. I felt happy, good, and alive. I hadnt felt that way for like two or three years. His music brought me closer to God and still is at this very moment.He is uch an inspiration. I love playing this cd on the guitar. I can play like all ongs but , let's see, three of them. I also like his newest installment, Jeremy Camp: Carried Me " The Worship Project". This cd is my fav. We use his songs from Carried me in my youth band. We have so much fun playin these songs. I cant wait for his newest cd coming out November 16th I believe. I 4got the name but I heard two of the songs at one of his concerts. He sounds so cool live. They even rocked out Beautiful One. Well im gonna stop bragging for Jeremy . I give this and his Cd, Carried Me. a perfect ten. If I could rate higher i would.10+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
abreathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote