Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 2 11.76%
5 0 0%
6 1 5.88%
7 4 23.53%
8 0 0%
9 4 23.53%
10 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-09-2003, 04:01 AM   #1
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Chapman, Steven Curtis - All About Love

Tracks
1. All About Love
2. Your Side Of The World
3. How Do I Love Her
4. 11-6-64
5. You've Got Me
6. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
7. Echoes Of Eden
8. Holding A Mystery
9. We Will Dance
10. We Belong Together
11. With Every Little Kiss
12. Miracle Of You
13. I'll Take Care Of You
14. I Will Be Here
15. Moment Made For Worshipping
16. When Love Takes You In

For more on Steven Curtis Chapman, click here.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
Yellow is stupid.

Send a message via AIM to God's Jedi Send a message via MSN to God's Jedi
I really love this cd. I'm obviously not married, and haven't been in a relationship in 2 years, but I still loved it. Every song on here is great. "All About Love" is a great way to start out. As the only kinda-rock song, it's a great beginning. "Your Side of the World" and "How do I Love Her" are awesome also. The cover of "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" is much better than the original. I was surprised to hear it on this cd, but I believe it fits nicely. The next three songs are the best on the whole cd. "Echoes of Eden", "Holding a Mystery" and "We Will Dance" are absolutely amazing. I also like the redo of "I Will Be Here". And it really wouldn't have been complete without "When Love Takes You In". The perfect way to end it.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power...
Green Lantern's light.
God's Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
I-IV-V

I really like this CD. 500 miles is actually one of my favorite songs on the CD. I don't really know why, I just like it. It's definately a different style than Declaration, but I think it's for the better. I gave him a 7/10.
Unread 11-08-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
That's my baby girl!

Send a message via AIM to SCCdcTFreak Send a message via Yahoo to SCCdcTFreak
I gave it a 9. This is a great cd. 500 Miles has always been one of my favorite songs, and he did an excellent job covering it. Also, 11-6-64 is just a really cool song to me for some reason, and "we will dance" is almost up there with "I will be here" although that's still the greatest love song of all time.

In Him,
<>< Stephen
Yeah I can play the guitar. I know all about virtuosos and trembalos and arpeggios. I can do it all. I can play your basic rhythm guitar, like. jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAH jiggidy jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAAH. You know, something like that. I can also play some pretty hott lixx, too. You know, the kind that are just way up high on the tiny strings and you mash your fingers on 'em. meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley MEEEEEEEEEEE. Yeah, yeah And then Strong Mad comes in on his bass and he's like dou dow da dou dou dow da dou dow dow dow dow dow dou. And then the Cheat comes in with his keyboard and he's like boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boo and then I'm like "And the dragon comes in the NIIIiiiiIIIiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiIIGH

Oh yeah.

My blog that sometimes goes a long time without me posting, but I still like it . . .
SCCdcTFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2003, 11:46 PM   #5
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I Will Be Here is a great song, and there are a few good songs, but I still find it to be typical SCC. I give it a 6. And by the way, I completely disliked the 500 miles cover.
Unread 02-25-2004, 02:15 AM   #6

This one was a marriage saver!

Contrary to SCC who seems to hit the nail on the head each time, I'm an oaf! I bought the CD for my wife as a Valentine's gift (I think), and the music was such an excellent expression of what I really wanted to say, but didn't know how! My wife like it also

Some people may have complaints about the theme of the CD, because it isn't really for a general audience. However, it's almost impossible to find any Christian music with a romance theme! Romantic secular music sends out the wrong message altogether, and seems to focus on sexual encounters which are totally out of God's plan for us.
John Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 02:18 AM   #7

This one was a marriage saver!

Contrary to SCC who seems to hit the nail on the head each time, I'm an oaf! I bought the CD for my wife as a Valentine's gift (I think), and the music was such an excellent expression of what I really wanted to say, but didn't know how! My wife likes it also

Some people may have complaints about the theme of the CD, because it isn't really for a general audience. However, it's almost impossible to find any Christian music with a romance theme! Romantic secular music sends out the wrong message altogether, and seems to focus on sexual encounters which are totally out of God's plan for us.
John Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #8
Certified Jesus Freak

Thumbs down Not 'Christian' Enough

Although I think that Steven Curtis Chapman is one of the most talented artists in the CCM world, I would prefer if he stuck to more Christian themes. The title track, All About Love, is the only song I like on the CD besides 500 Miles , because it mentions God.
But I agree with what John Pearce said (twice) in a previous post. There isn't a lot of Christian romantic music, and what SCC has to say can really make a difference in people's lives.

My rating: 7/10

My verdict: Not 'Christian' enough for me, and too slow for my musical tastes. There is some room in this world, however, for a romantic Christian CD, so I guess All About Love fits that bill. If that's what you need, you won't be disappointed. If you're expecting the usual inspired SCC songs, though, look elsewhere.
Philippians 4:13

OFFICIAL CARD-CARRYING CERTIFIED JESUS FREAK

AND PROUD OF IT!
Brendini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
the elf and the hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Praisey
i gave it a ten!!!!!!!! not because i'm biased but by golly, i wish all husband and would be husbands are like him... awesome songs, speaks about truth in marriage...

yey!!!
Unread 08-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #10
A Roaming Catholic

Send a message via AIM to matt j t
there's only two songs i like on this CD.....i haven't really listened to the other ones.....but it's a good CD anyway

He went through it all for you!!
matt j t is offline   Reply With Quote