Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > J
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.44%
6 2 4.88%
7 2 4.88%
8 6 14.63%
9 10 24.39%
10 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #16
Stupid becomes me.

Location: I live... OK, i'd like to say i live in someplace cool, like California or canada, but no. I live in Denver.
Send a message via AIM to Some Kid Send a message via Yahoo to Some Kid
This is a good quality CD. (I bought it at Family Christian for 10$ good deal)
The Valley Song is my favorite song, hands down. the only reason I didn't give this Compact Disc a 10 is because I didn't like Overjoyed. Too... mellow. Anyhoodle, I gave it a 9.

1 Thesselonians 5:21

"Dear Father, I need you. Your strength my heart to mend. I want to fly higher, every new day again"
Some Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-27-2004, 09:30 PM   #17
Insert catchy phrase here

Send a message via AIM to coolguy4553
wow!

this was the first jars of clay cd i listened to, and wow...the live cd just moved me... its just one of those cd's that you can pick up on any great song and it will be stuck in your head for days upon days, and yes, whoever said worlds apart was a good song is right, it is.
Unread 10-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #18
Your car crash eyes...

7. This CD is amazing. I like the Live part better, though. Worlds Apart has to be some of the best 10 minutes of music ever. The studio disk had some good songs on it too, but they just murdered Liquid.
Unread 12-29-2004, 04:19 AM   #19
DiscoSteve

Thumbs up One step beyond beautiful...

Okay... jars of clay has taken the Christian pop/rock to a whole new level. They put Christian rock on the charts back in the 90's, and they just continue to make absolutely beautiful music. Even when I wasn't Christian, I thought these guys were fantastic. They know how to write and arrange music, and their lyrics can not even be explained by words. Just when you thought they couldn't get any better, they come out with Furthermore. A lot of my Christian friends do not like this CD because it is not "jars of clay." Okay, we are talking about a band that has added a little bit of spice to their music in EVERY one of their albums. Much Afraid did not do well on the charts because they decided to test out some new stuff. And the sad thing is, Much Afraid is a great CD... personally one of my favorites. But with Furthermore, you get to hear such a wide spectrum of the band. The way they jazz up some old songs... the way they take rocking songs and turn them acoustic. Some people don't agree with me, but some of these remakes I think are better than the originals. In exception with Frail, which is one of their most powerfully written songs to date. The music and lyrics will leave you speechless. Then you get to the live CD of Furthermore. This just gives you a PERFECT idea of what jars of clay is like live. They are fun, witty, powerful, and right-on with the music and vocals. Great live versions of many great songs. The topper is the live closer, Worlds Apart. This 5 minute song from their self-debut CD goes on for 10.5 minutes live. The crowd joins in on Alleluias at the end, and the echos will bring chills throughout your entire body. I guess what I am trying to say here is buy this CD. If you don't have any jars of clay CDs and are looking for something to start off with, this is the one. I have 5 different friends that bought this one first, and ended up buying ALL of their albums. jars of clay will do that, though. hehe. Much love and God bless!!

Love in Christ,
Jason (Disco)
Unread 08-13-2005, 10:59 PM   #20
-

Send a message via AIM to ~FreT~ Send a message via MSN to ~FreT~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~FreT~
i boght it today? im luvin it. the new versions of some songs e.g. liquid, frail are cool but i like the original versions better.
yay for Jars.
~FreT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #21
JOCONFIRE

Hands Down, Worlds Apart makes this cd.
Unread 10-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Blazer77
The live selections are incredible...the remixes don't excite me too much though...but I agree...a must have for a Jars fan.
Blazer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #23
All Hands on Deck

I thought it was pretty good, I was never big on Jars of Clay, but this was a great cd and it showed some of their better stuff.
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote