Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 6.67%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 6.67%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 5 33.33%
10 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #16
Servant of Christ

Send a message via MSN to thibeaz
Post Your right about smooth criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenacen
Speak for yourself. Some of it is cheezy, I can admit, but they're reaching audiences all over the world for Christ. They get e-mails from people all over the world, telling how their music has touched people's lives, and about only 1% of the feedback they get is bad (it's usually from the rock-is-evil people, you're-doing-a-bad-thing-by-having-anything-to-do-with-secular-songs people, and the how-dare-you-touch-my-favorite-song people). Personally, I think they are incredibly talented to play and sing all that music as well as they do.

How's this supposed to help your argument?
Smooth Criminal was made by Micheal Jackson (shudder) I really don't like him but soon he will face God on his White seat of Judgement like all of us christians will and he will tell us If we saw him on the street and clothed him and all that stuff we should be doing but really too busy siting on our duffs in North America (No offence I have been doing it for a while and not everybody is the same thing)

please help me get a free domain
help me click here

thibeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
Guitar4god222

Send a message via AIM to Guitar4God222
the apologetix are awesome!!!

the apologetix are amazing. grace period is just another one of their great albums, showing J's talent to get the original vocals down pat. and karl messners guitar skills. I especially like their take on "Thirtysomething Spirit" making references to the death of kurt cobain. Apologetix's old material is worth listening to. "Cheap Birds" is an awesome parody of Lynyrd Skynyrds "Free Bird". "Narrow Way to Heaven" from Jesus Christ Morning Star is a parody of Zeppelins Stairway to Heaven- you cant get better than that!!
Also if ur a mad fan like me, check out year 2007's Wordplay Album. Featuring songs like "Bad Dad" (parody of Daniel Powters "Bad Day") and other parodies of the likes of Bowling For Soup, Bon Jovi, the Who, and Velvet Revolver. Apologetix Rock! Godspeed!
Guitar4God222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #18
ApologetiX Freak

no way... there's actually other APX fans on here? dude!!! i'm a groupie at heart (can't drive yet), have almost all the cd's, and when i mention ApologetiX to people they just look at me like, 'huh?'. i'm always ecstatic tomeet people who know about APologetiX.

Now to post in relation to the actual topic...

Grace Period is my second favorite CD. This is because of the song 'Smells Like Thirtysomething Spirit (parody of Smells Like Teen Spirit, by Nirvana)'. This song totally spoke to me during a difficult part of my life about moving on and praising God.

ApologetiX deserves way more credit than they already have. It takes a whole lot of talent to sound almost exactly like the original, and they do.

If you're a new fan, I would suggest getting New and Used Hits, or Wordplay.