Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #46
1Life2Live - 1God2Praise

anyone from "up north" WI...i live about 30 mi away from the U.P. border...and an hour above the cheesehead town...lol
~krisite

Unread 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #47
Software Evangelist

Another cheesehead here -- Town of Delafield -- Waukesha County.

Looking for folks to play with, BTW ...

www.willplayguitar4food.com
Guitarists from around the world unite for Heifer International!
GET THE CD
HAMFIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #48

I'm from Wisconsin too!

Best. State. Ever.

(despite the fact that some would call it a liberal cess-pool)

If mankind minus one were of one opinion, then mankind is no more justified in silencing the one than the one - if he had the power - would be justified in silencing mankind.
John Stuart Mill

sanctusfootrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #49
The Elephant in Your Room

paid
I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life. I love it here! I'm over in Eau Claire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #50
Tebow the Great

Great to see all the Wisconsin folks! Nothing beats the smell of cow poop on a warm summers eve!
Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #51

I see the last post is pretty old. Born and raised in Wi. Reckon I'll stay. Used to be a time when I as a young man thought I'd NEVER stay here. Yearned for the "cooler" places. Now, this is pretty old stuff for most of you probably. I'm a child who came of age in the 60's, did the Vietnam War thing and all that. Born in Crawford County in 1949 in Soldier's Grove, moved to Beloit at age 6 and graduated from High School there in 1968 so spent most of my earlier years in that area. Moved waaay up north to Glidden in 1998 and still here. Life has been a "trip" and has gone by rapidly as I'm now 64 but very young at heart. Led a sin filled life and accepted Jesus as my Lord at age 60. Still struggle but I know I'm saved and forgiven when I slip (which is fairly often yet). Had been trying to learn to play guitar on and off since 1969 but somehow 10-15 years between picking one up and putting it down is NOT conducive to good learning! Got a bit more serious about a year ago and bought a good Yamaha acoustic. Was really into it for quite awhile and am better than I've ever been which is not saying a lot and am becoming complacent once more about playing. My voice sucks which doesn't help. would be nice to hook up with some folks near here to maybe recapture the passion for playing??? Gets boring doing it alone and not good enough for the church. I would rate myself somewhere between beginner and intermediate. God bless!

BTW: I'm into praise and worship music, 60's and 70's rock (some of it). Older country music, folk, maybe Celtic, and am trying to learn some fingerstyle although I find that very challenging.

How could I forget???? GOSPEL!!! Check out the video "It's in my heart" by the Canton Spirituals. Reminds me of the oldtime soul of Motown! ANY music that moves me is great as I praise my Lord!

Last edited by doug rooney; 03-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.
doug rooney is offline   Reply With Quote