Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Christian Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-24-2003, 12:29 AM   #16
the janitor

Morella's Forrest and Velour 100 are really good bands with female vocals. but they're more indie rock/pop bands. cool stuff though.

Unread 01-28-2003, 01:04 AM   #17
see ya!

Re: christian girl punk bands

Quote:
Originally posted by cccatron
Old Dakota Motor Company is good stuff, but hard to find, they have a female vocalist.
Dakoda Motor Company was awesome! I was so infatuated with their singer, Davia, that I went to where she worked in San Diego and asked her to marry me...on a bet.

She said no but gave me her autograph.
imclayinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #18

The clergy is pretty good- not all girl, but female fronted. 😀
FortyOne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #19
\_(ツ)_/

Over 12 years revival of a thread. New record?
Unread 11-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #20
Tiffany Duff

The Halo Friendlies disgust me. They were promoted on poser christian stations like TVU. Very worldly band. That one video they made with the voyeurist theme was void of any spiritual substance, as to be expected of bands from that circuit. The girls in the band need to be slapped for failing to do anything for the ministry of Christ, using the christian market/labels as an exploit to sell mediocre music in the name of Jesus. I saw the tattoo art that one of them is now doing and it was creepy as sin. You know CCM is in a sad state when the best examples of female rock you can come up with are Flyleaf and Superchick. The latter is more forgivable, I was sort of a fan of them. Flyleaf on the other hand is like Avril Lavigne trying to be Nightwish. Don't throw pearls to swine, they say.
Duffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #21
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffany
The Halo Friendlies disgust me. They were promoted on poser christian stations like TVU. Very worldly band. That one video they made with the voyeurist theme was void of any spiritual substance, as to be expected of bands from that circuit. The girls in the band need to be slapped for failing to do anything for the ministry of Christ, using the christian market/labels as an exploit to sell mediocre music in the name of Jesus. I saw the tattoo art that one of them is now doing and it was creepy as sin. You know CCM is in a sad state when the best examples of female rock you can come up with are Flyleaf and Superchick. The latter is more forgivable, I was sort of a fan of them. Flyleaf on the other hand is like Avril Lavigne trying to be Nightwish. Don't throw pearls to swine, they say.
If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You really come across as overly judgmental here.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #22
Tiffany Duff

I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Take it with a grain of salt. Most of it is hyperbole. :P
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #23
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffany View Post
I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Take it with a grain of salt. Most of it is hyperbole. :P
Well...when you talk about people needing to be slapped and others that disgust you, you have to realize that it sounds extremely negative.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #24
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

Quote:
Yikes.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #25
The Elephant in Your Room

paid
Quote:
I always enjoyed the edge that Flyleaf possessed. I'll agree some bands do use the term "christian" as a marketing ploy, and it is unfortunately. Conversely, there are also bands that use depression and suicide as a gimmick to sell records, and that is also what you and I would probably find to be unacceptable. There are, however, plenty of female rock options that aren't Flyleaf or Superchick. Check out Ilia, an up-and-coming group with a message of hope and redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 11:34 PM   #26
Obnoxodox

paid
Quote:
This kind of judgementalism will get you banned from CGR.

Trust me. It happened to me.

IsaactheSyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #27
Tiffany Duff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICXC_NIKA View Post
This kind of judgementalism will get you banned from CGR.

Trust me. It happened to me.
I'll take your advice then when posting. My apologies to anyone who was offended: most of it was exaggerated to entertain people because of how absurd it is, but I guess it wasn't obvious enough. Some of the Christian forums I went to were accustomed to this sort of thing. We'd have forums dedicated to people making absurd claims and posts, which the moderators took with a grain of salt because they were there for entertainment. Nobody took them seriously. I was wrong to assume the same thing was commonplace here.
Unread 11-27-2015, 01:00 AM   #28
Obnoxodox

paid
Quote:
I'll take your advice then when posting. My apologies to anyone who was offended: most of it was exaggerated to entertain people because of how absurd it is, but I guess it wasn't obvious enough. Some of the Christian forums I went to were accustomed to this sort of thing. We'd have forums dedicated to people making absurd claims and posts, which the moderators took with a grain of salt because they were there for entertainment. Nobody took them seriously. I was wrong to assume the same thing was commonplace here.
Can you explain to me how slander is entertainment by any reasonable stretch?

Unread 11-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #29
Tiffany Duff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICXC_NIKA View Post
Can you explain to me how slander is entertainment by any reasonable stretch?
Ask TheologyWeb.
Unread 11-27-2015, 01:52 AM   #30
Obnoxodox

paid
But I didn't ask them, I asked you.