Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > 0-9
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 1 1.20%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 4 4.82%
7 6 7.23%
8 9 10.84%
9 20 24.10%
10 43 51.81%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:45 AM   #31
The Smart Guy

Send a message via AIM to Brian-Alexander Send a message via MSN to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Yahoo to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Skype™ to Brian-Alexander
my favorite song on here is "The Way I Feel". 12 stones rocks

Sponsored Links
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:34 AM   #32

12 stones is my favorite band yes the drumming isn't the best but i heard that the drummer from a perfect circle came and played for the recording because their old drummer couldn't go on(he was married and has 3 kids) so then after the recording aaron gainer came along. i cant wait 4 the new album august 10th.
njsk8rboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #33
Sexier than Dr. Worm

Send a message via MSN to Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsk8rboy
12 stones is my favorite band yes the drumming isn't the best but i heard that the drummer from a perfect circle came and played for the recording because their old drummer couldn't go on(he was married and has 3 kids) so then after the recording aaron gainer came along. i cant wait 4 the new album august 10th.
I wouldn't doubt that. Josh Freese does tons of studio work. He also did one of Evanescence's and one of Avril Lavigne's albums, if I remember correctly.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #34

ok first off to legionjedi...ok the reason Switchfoot is best at alternating their musical compositions and such, everything from style to structure, is because Switchfoot is a band that has set themself up with that as their trademark. Switchfoot's trademark is simply you never have an idea of what is coming next, because they do not play one type, or even one genre of music. Switchfoot is all over their map and they retain their individual style in never retaining the same style, so of course they are best at "switching" things up. But anyways...back to the topic at hand...this cd is an awesome rock cd. The only thing I wish 12 Stones would do is learn to slow it up. For example the way Kutless does with "Sea of Faces" and such. Something acoustic, something piano, something! This cd definitely struggles somewhat with repetition. A lot of their riffs are nearly identical for example listen to "The Way I Feel" and "Fade Away." Just a little similar, eh? Yeah. There are some differences but definitely very close. They have some awesome guitar solos, which is one thing they out-do Kutless with. Soloing is a lost art, 12 Stones does a pretty good job at it. They just need to learn to play in some new keys and with some different timings and tempos so they can switch up their riffs. I cannot wait to hear their new album with their new drummer...maybe that will help with changing up some stuff. Time will tell. Well, anyways overall good rock cd only a couple songs i dislike; "Soulfire" and "Let Go." Poor attempts to switch tempos a little. Anyways, good cd, especially for a debut. Couldn't expect more. 9.
PrfctlyImprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #35
I love the lil' tacos...

Send a message via AIM to stratguitarist Send a message via MSN to stratguitarist Send a message via Yahoo to stratguitarist
i agree, i haven't actually sat down and listened to every song individually, but it was a good cd to just rock out, but it did seem to lack some depth from the lack of variety. it was a little repetative, but if you're not listening, its just in the background and your rockin out doin something else, then its awesome
Unread 07-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #36
doo wop.

Send a message via AIM to JESOd Send a message via MSN to JESOd Send a message via Yahoo to JESOd
pretty spiff.
Unread 09-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #37
Yo Rockin' FO Christ

Send a message via AIM to mmggppmgp Send a message via MSN to mmggppmgp
this band rocks

well this band rocks... their lead guitarist rocks, and the rest of the band is pretty darn good... wat else could u ask from the band, well as that one guy said the could use more variety... well God Bless

mmggppmgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #38
this is the end..........

Send a message via AIM to isshedeadyet? Send a message via MSN to isshedeadyet? Send a message via Yahoo to isshedeadyet?
that's a lot of smiles

I <3 12 stones, they we're the band that got my into christian music. The first christian cd I ever bought. soo you could say they set me on the right track.

isshedeadyet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 07:11 PM   #39
Prog Snob Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by prfctlyimprfct
A lot of their riffs are nearly identical for example listen to "The Way I Feel" and "Fade Away." Just a little similar, eh?
WHAT????? I can play both of them on guitar...and take it from me, they are not really close. At all!
Unread 10-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #40

This is an awesome CD. One of the best, and I repeat, the best Christian rock CDs I have ever heard, especially the guitar riffs.
Kutless Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 08:46 PM   #41
Your car crash eyes...

This CD isn't all that great. The lyrics are cliched and boring, the music is just a harder Creed, plus remaining as repetitive as Creed. And Creed wasn't that good in the first place. It gets a 2.
Unread 11-13-2004, 05:54 PM   #42
Guitars are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletswitch
This CD isn't all that great. The lyrics are cliched and boring, the music is just a harder Creed, plus remaining as repetitive as Creed. And Creed wasn't that good in the first place. It gets a 2.
Gosh, you're just a musical naysayer, aren't you?

Personally, yeah the CD's repetitive, music is kinda boring, and the lyrics are "cliched" as it were, but I don't care. I still enjoy it.

My REAL vote on this one is a 7.8, rather than the 10 I gave it however many years ago that was.
Unread 11-30-2004, 07:51 AM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus_freak7887
i gave it 10. it's too great. I like them. especially in my head. cool intro. all the cd is a masterpiece. God bless all
jesus_freak7887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:14 PM   #44
BCRich Owner

Send a message via AIM to guitarist4life
i was wondering, what does the song, my life, mean? it sounds more like a secular song to me.
Unread 09-17-2005, 06:54 AM   #45
All Hands on Deck

Broken and the Way I feel are probably the best on this cd. Crash and Fade Away are also pretty good. If you want to see the music videos for

Broken
http://music.aol.com/archive/main.adp
or http://music.yahoo.com/ar-289402-videos--12-Stones

Far Away
http://music.aol.com/archive/main.adp
or
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-289402-videos--12-Stones

Also see the videos for Crash (live), and The Way I Feel on
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-289402-videos--12-Stones
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote