Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > 0-9
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 1 1.20%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 4 4.82%
7 6 7.23%
8 9 10.84%
9 20 24.10%
10 43 51.81%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2003, 05:10 PM   #16
Jesus Rules!

Send a message via AIM to newsboysrule Send a message via MSN to newsboysrule
I don't think power chords are bad. Do any of you think power chords are bad? A good example of power chords dc Talk: "Jesus Freak."

John 3:16

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Jim Elliot

Jesus is my king.
newsboysrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-17-2003, 05:38 PM   #17
throw up your rawkfist!!!

Send a message via AIM to punker15 Send a message via Yahoo to punker15
power chords can be used VERY effectively! twelve stones does a good job with them. and it doesn't get boring 'cause they throw in some great riffs too.
punker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2003, 05:23 PM   #18
God rocked my world!

POWER CHORDS

I fail to see a problem with power chords. It makes the song easier to duplicate in live performances. As for "shallow lyrics", don't mistake shallow for simple. The plan of Salvation is simpleas well, and at least with Kutless, it's not hard to know where they stand.
Don't get me wrong I enjoy 12 Stones as well. I think they are a solid band with a lot of good things to say. I just think that Kutless is a better band.
But like it has been said before in this forum, to each his own.
God Bless
iplygtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2003, 09:27 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Heavy C
I jsut wanna add...
that despite soem harsh comments...this thread has not goen too far with anythign said....something as obviously controversial as this thread can get not so nice a lot of tiems....glad this didnt...

and.

".#1. The Psalms are worship. Kutless' songs (for the most part) are not.

#2. The infallible word of God is not open to artistic critique. Rock music is."

#1- the Psalms are worship true, but they ahve the same intent as KUTLESS to turn our thoughts adn minds to what and who God is...

#2- the say KUTLESS' music is too repetitive...well the infallible word of Godis also...if yu hold this agaisnt KUTLESS you logically hold it agaisnt the Bible as well..if yu dont, yu are cherry picking, not sharign a general feeling of artistic evaluation...
#3- I vastly respect yur reponse to ym nubmer 3

-Cal
and I'm Still Listening."
Heavy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2003, 06:17 PM   #20

12 stones is one of my most used cds!!!!!! I love the guitar solos in almost all the songs, and enjoy the whole album! i hope there will be a second album out soon! this cd helps me get up in the morning to face the dreary world beyond my home. I LOVE THIS CD!!!!!!!!!! a must have!! you will probably do this when you hear their awesome music!::keek:
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #21

Talking 12 Stones Rocks

This Cd is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the songs "the way i feel" and "Crash" This disc gets a ten.

ROCK ON!!!!!!

Kyle jeffcoat
Kyle Jeffcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 12:34 PM   #22
Techie/Guitar Junky

Send a message via AIM to NobleWard
12 Stones is real cool group. I like the guitar solos and heavy riffs on the CD; awesome stuff. I did give them nine rather than a ten though because of their reptitiveness, which has already been touched on.

As far as Kutless versus 12 Stones is concerned: 12 Stone has a more musical edge in their music due to their solos and screaming, but Kutless is very good in their own right because they convey alot of passion through their musical structure and non-repetitiveness. My Youth Drama team does a human video to "Run" by Kutless that I thought up and staged. It is a very powerful ministry tool and very God birthed and moving video.

I feel Kutless' music is more ministry focused where as 12 Stones' is more self expressionistic. Either way, I like both bands equally. Both have great potential.

~Church music should be loud!! Crank it like you live it, for all the world to hear!!~
NobleWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #23
throw up your rawkfist!!!

Send a message via AIM to punker15 Send a message via Yahoo to punker15
Quote:
Originally posted by NobleWard
12 Stones is real cool group. I like the guitar solos and heavy riffs on the CD; awesome stuff. I did give them nine rather than a ten though because of their reptitiveness, which has already been touched on.

As far as Kutless versus 12 Stones is concerned: 12 Stone has a more musical edge in their music due to their solos and screaming, but Kutless is very good in their own right because they convey alot of passion through their musical structure and non-repetitiveness. My Youth Drama team does a human video to "Run" by Kutless that I thought up and staged. It is a very powerful ministry tool and very God birthed and moving video.

I feel Kutless' music is more ministry focused where as 12 Stones' is more self expressionistic. Either way, I like both bands equally. Both have great potential.
finally! someone is on MY side for a change. i agree with every word you said.
punker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2003, 04:59 PM   #24
Spontaneously Combusted

Send a message via AIM to Enjoi_Lyfe Send a message via Yahoo to Enjoi_Lyfe
WOW! I'm lovin it...We're doing a cover of Crash at camp! woohoo!
You Begin Life Being delivered in a room that is shaped like a box while being monitored by a machine that is shaped like a box. After you are taken through a door way(shaped like a box) you are put in the plastic bed which is shaped like a box! Your father looks at you through a window which is also shaped like a box. You are taken out to the car(Shaped like a box) a few days later. On The way home you pass street signs that are shaped like a box. You enter your garage that is shaped like a box and are carried into your room thats shaped like a box and put in a crib that is shaped like a box. You grow older in your box and go downstairs everymorning and eat cerial out of a box on a table that is shaped like a box and go to school on a school bus shaped like a box. Eventually you get old and work in a building shaped like a box and you get old and die and get put in a casket that is shaped like a box and put 6 feet under in a hole shaped like a box...
Enjoi_Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 10:07 PM   #25

Very good guitar riffs and solos. I will have to agree that some songs sound very much alike. However, there are many great songs with some sweet guitars.

Their singer is very good. The lyrics are very good as well. Some of them really spoke to me about some things I've have been through lately. He's very versatile in his range and his style.

Drumming isn't bad. Nothing mind blowing and nothing bad.

All in all, a solid album. A very good first release. Some of my favorites are Crash, The WAy I Feel, Broken, and Back Up.
AllTheWayLive86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2003, 11:30 PM   #26

Send a message via MSN to mybreathisyours
Thumbs up

This Cd has been the most played cd in my collection. I gave it a 10 because, all though they are not classified as a christian band, they have a good way of getting everybody to listen to them. They play concerts with mainstream secular rock bands and get their message across to people who otherwise would most likely be turned off by someone talking about the God and how he changed their lives. These guys !!ROCK!! I saw them in concert and they were awesome.

In -Christ-
Unread 08-18-2003, 10:39 AM   #27

I love this CD. I don't know what I was thinking back in the day when I voted and gave it a 9. 12 Stones deserves a 10.
Unread 10-31-2003, 05:40 AM   #28
Prog Snob Extraordinaire

THIS CD IS SO AWESOME!!! I bought it a year ago, and I am still listening to it all the time. BUY IT!!!
Unread 01-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #29

This is a great album from a great band. these guys are awesome. I love all of their songs. When i first heard one of their songs, i was like "sweet, i'm gonna have to check out some more songs", now i listen to thier album all the time.
Unread 02-11-2004, 06:44 PM   #30
titles are stupid

12 stones is great and I enjoy them. In particular I like the verse riffs and the bass, particularly during the verses. I really like their style; however, they could use a little variety. Even the great verse riffs everyone, including me, has been talkin about are repetitive. For example, the 3rd and 6th songs on the CD have strikingly similar riffs (that is in the rhythm, not necessarily in the notes played.) As someone has already said, their lyrics are a little vague. They also seem to use very little variety in song structure, as has been pointed out. They should experiment some with a few different structures, not too much though, cuz then it could lose thier individual sound. That's what's hard: creating a truly individual style while maintaining variety. Only a few bands have truly done it; Switchfoot is the best at it.
legionbenji is offline   Reply With Quote