Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > 0-9
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 2.94%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 2.94%
5 0 0%
6 4 11.76%
7 4 11.76%
8 6 17.65%
9 7 20.59%
10 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-30-2002, 08:52 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
38th Parallel - Turn The Tides

Tracks
1. Hear Me Cry
2. Turn The Tides
3. Higher Ground
4. Clouded
5. Who Am I?
6. Horizon
7. State Of Mind
8. You Are My God
9. Wither
10. 3 Times Denied

For more on 38th Parallel, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-01-2002, 06:00 PM   #2
Live Pointing to Heaven

Send a message via AIM to Mark
Well, i first heard 38th Parallel on the radio with their smash hit Blue Horizon. I immediately liked the sound, and went out and bought the cd at a good price. At first i was astonished at listening to the whole cd, because i didn't expect it to be as hard as it was. I expected rock, but more of a Vertical Horizon sound than that of a much harder band.

Overall i didn't like the album, but there are moments when i like to release frustration and it does a great job at that. If you're into hard Christian stuff with pretty good lyrics, pick up the album, otherwise, you probably would be better off just listening to their hit on the radio, because there aren't but one or two songs on the album that sound remotely like "Blue Horizon"

UPDATE:

I have listened now to the album for 5 months, and my opinion has changed!

I LOVE "Hear my Cry", "horizon", "turn the tides", and many more. Its a great Christian rock album, but be warned, its pretty hard stuff. Very well done album.

Ephesians 3:18And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

watch out, the RR enterprise has begun

Last edited by MarkO; 01-25-2003 at 06:07 PM.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 06:08 PM   #3

i like it pretty well in general so far(i've heard most of the cd but not all of it), but i am into harder rock. i love "turn the tides" because the first guy's voice sounds kinda like disturbed's guy and the other guy sounds like dave tosti from pax217, whom i love. also i like their guitars. i give what i've heard a "7".
superstratpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 06:17 PM   #4

I gave it a four. It's better than a lot of stuff out there, but aside from "Horizon," I just can't stand the sound.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to profishmc
I give it a ten. I love the music, and the lyrics are awesome.
Unread 12-18-2002, 10:47 PM   #6
Techie/Guitar Junky

Send a message via AIM to NobleWard
Yay!!!

This album is great. The lyrics in each song are artistic and well thought out and coordinated to the instrumental music in a great way. This band is every thing I look for in a Christian musical group; they think about the culture and promote Christians to engage it. Look into the band's name off of their website and see what I mean by that. I give it a ten.
~Noble

~Church music should be loud!! Crank it like you live it, for all the world to hear!!~
NobleWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2003, 12:30 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to archieK4JC
Re: Yay!!!

NobleWard: This album is great. The lyrics in each song are artistic and well thought out and coordinated to the instrumental music in a great way.~Noble

They really do have a unique sound that's hard to find in the Christian music industry. And their lyrics are really moving & powerful. 10!

When you come to find that God is all you have, is when you come to find that you have everything.

Let's extinguish the anguish for which we're to blame,
and save the world from going down in flames.

If being a Christian were illegal, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Last edited by Tracy; 01-13-2003 at 08:17 PM.
archieK4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #8
I can't understand you...

Send a message via AIM to SoccerAaron Send a message via Yahoo to SoccerAaron
Horizon is my favorite song on it.

http://www.YourFreeVideoiPods.com/index.php?ref=1663076

This is all legit and legal. PM me for more questions. If you sign up through my link and complete an offer, I will give you $10 after I'm given credit for your completion. The blockbuster deal is $10 and you get movies for a month and 4 in-store coupons for movies. So if you cancel before you're billed for the second month you basically are getting free movies sent to you and 4 coupons for free.

I get paid everytime you click this.
SoccerAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Insyder778 Send a message via Yahoo to Insyder778
This is one of the best cd's I own, and I own over 240! I love their sound, and their music video for Horizon also rocks!!! In my opinion, there is not one bad song on here. 10 all the way!
Insyder778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #10

38th Parallel rocks! This CD is great! The lyrics are excellent and the music rocks. The best songs are Horizon and State of Mind.
Unread 07-11-2003, 04:15 PM   #11
</title>

38th Parallel was pretty good. I gave it a 8. They're guitars sounded kinda like POD and there lyrics were more meaningful. I really liked the song "Who Am I"
sorefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #12

I think this is a pretty solid album, not my favourite but definitley high in the rankings. I think they almost sound abit like linkin park, only a bit of a softer version. Their songs have really good lyrics with lots of Christian meaning. Overall a very well done album.
Unread 04-04-2004, 06:59 AM   #13

It's not bad....especially for Iowa boys...
Wither is probably my fav. State of Mind is good. You Are My God is great too.
Unread 04-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #14

Thumbs up

GREAT CD (i gave it a 10). i first heard them when my dad gave me the cd, it got sent to him through "sound and spirit" and he didn't send it back in time. so i got it. great cd, favorite song - "Wither" or "You are my God" (i also got a project 86, but i don't like them. [don't think their lyrics r very christian])
Unread 04-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #15
HI FACE!

Send a message via AIM to snowboarderTim Send a message via MSN to snowboarderTim Send a message via Skype™ to snowboarderTim
I gave it a 9... more songs would have been nice (especially since they haven't released a new cd in so long...) My favorites are Turn The Tides and Wither

Tim