Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 4.08%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 3 6.12%
8 7 14.29%
9 14 28.57%
10 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-19-2003, 10:54 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonNJapan
Dude, you listen to Metallica. What does it matter then? You listen to secular music. It's not like you don't listen to Project 86 because they aren't "Christian enough". What's the problem then?

~Jon
Exactly

What are you talking about Tom? If you want to be taken seriously it helps if you make sense. Metallica is my favorite Christian band too and I understand that their lyrics are god breathed just like the Bible, but we can't expect Project 86 to hold up to that standard too. It is a bit much.

Anyway, this discussion doesn't belong here. If you want to write a review, write a review. If you want to complain about Project 86 not being Christian enough, go complain to your deaf and blind grandma.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-19-2003, 02:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonNJapan
Dude, you listen to Metallica. What does it matter then? You listen to secular music. It's not like you don't listen to Project 86 because they aren't "Christian enough". What's the problem then?

~Jon
the reson I broke thier last cd is because everyone was saying they were a christian band, I found nothing christian about them. I thought they were doing the same thing creed was doing. and I don't like that so therfore I broke the cd, and I didn't really like the band anyway. jon you had a good point about the metallica thing, yes I do listen to secualr music. I just don't like it when bands try to portray themselves as christians to get us to buy their cd.
TomfromIllinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasShrugs
Exactly

What are you talking about Tom? If you want to be taken seriously it helps if you make sense. Metallica is my favorite Christian band too and I understand that their lyrics are god breathed just like the Bible, but we can't expect Project 86 to hold up to that standard too. It is a bit much.

Anyway, this discussion doesn't belong here. If you want to write a review, write a review. If you want to complain about Project 86 not being Christian enough, go complain to your deaf and blind grandma.
hey, I really appreciate the sarcasm and thanks for making fun of my grandma. I never said that metallica was a christian band. geez all this complaining over one little post. sorry guys
Unread 06-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomfromIllinois
I just don't like it when bands try to portray themselves as christians to get us to buy their cd.
Me too. It's really stupid, too. They'll probably lose money when they do that, anyways.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 02:35 PM   #35

I'm glad you reflect what I was trying to concur.
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:36 AM   #36
–@—!£L

oh i give up. if you think Project 86 arent "christian enough" (whatever that means) then thats just ignorance. if youre the kind of person that defines christian music as mentioning Jesus in every sentence (which i dont have a problem with) then fine, this CD is not for you. If however you define christian music as music with a christian theme.... open your eyes! how can you not see how christian this is? its a parable! did Jesus mention christianity in every sentence of his parables? no, he made a story to represent a christian theme just like project 86. this is an album with a story, a parable. if you think that becuase it is a story rather than a sermon it shouldn't be classed as christian then in effect you're saying that Jesus' parables shouldn't be classed as christian. oh, and however hard it may be, please try leave peoples granmothers out of this. they didnt do anything to you.
Unread 11-05-2003, 09:13 AM   #37

i dont understand most of you people. you are on here arguing whether or not project has a christian message. project are christians who play music. period. they play mostly secular venues. ok. so do pod, blindside, chevelle, mxpx, and numerous underground metal bands. they dont say jesus every ten seconds, so that makes them evil? i daresay(and i will probably make a lot of enemies this way) they have more of a christian message than many "christian" bands...the effigy i will burn is five iron frenzy. thank the good Lord above they broke up; now maybe they will stop making light of God(Cheeses of nazareth? need i say more?). if christians are in a band, the band is a christian band. if they actually swear or say things agaisnt God, then we can question their christianity. but if they simply choose to proclaim their messga ein a different way, more power to them. project is a gateway band, one of those which weans new christians off of secular music. it is a necessarry part of rock and roll, and they deserve our prayers and thanks. shame on you people for saying otherwise. God save your souls.
sixzirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2003, 03:14 AM   #38
Enraptured with His LOVE

Send a message via AIM to HisAngelGrlCA
if this may sound too big mouthed to some of you, i might apologize now.. but anyways, im honestly in AHHH of what ive heard here in the last couple posts.. Daniel, or the guy with the cool screen name, i totally agree with what your saying, though Andrews lyrics i could not compare with the works of Jesus Christ.Project is truly theoretical in their lyrics. Andrew is a talented writer, and a gifted poet. The "BIG" Christian music out there has a great purpose, and Jesus Christ has been glorified through those"BIG" Christian bands, which is awesome....... BUT, when ones mind is opened up to the much bigger picture of this life and all that is in it, Andrew Schwab, aka Macabre Schwab, knows how to put our views of this life into words that are fully understood by few. just as most say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", same in this situation, the beauty of this mans work is in each individual eye, some may find it to be quite the opposite of what it really is, but thats for the individual to say..... Andrew is a humble man that is not out to receive glory for his own gain. Though im not saying that all those "BIG" Christian bands are, but lyrics go much deeper and mean so much more, without being "forced" if you will, to say the name of Jesus Christ every couple words. Andrew has faithfully gone against the flow in this life. Even the Christian media puts too much pressure on so many bands to be more evangelistic by saying Jesus every other word to be an example to the lost. But just as Jesus did in the parables, he presented a picture, an example, a situation, to teach others His commands... i think im getting off on a tangent here, as im sure youve already realized. I will finish with this, Andrew Schwab is not God, he is a writer. a simple man with a great mind and a talent thats worth my time to explore, and i hope you agree....

lets start something new, Songs to Burn Your Bridges By is Project 86' newest album that will rock your world. another intelligent piece full of Macabres work. Andrew, Randy, Alex and Steve released this album together for their devoted and sincere fans that truly value their hard work. pick it up as soon as possible on their site; www.project86.com it wont hit stores anytime soon, possibly by spring, so i HIGHLY suggest you get it now. for those that have already gotten the new album, RIGHT ON!! its a sweet piece, lets discuss this art together at another time and place.... one last thing, for those that dont have the album yet, being that Christmas is coming and all, give yourself a gift, it'll be well worth it!!
~Romans 12:2~
*Daniel 4:3*
I know why I'm here
p.s. my brother is Souldog18CA
HisAngelGrlCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #39

*looks at HisAngelGrlCA's post*.....amen! finally an enlightened person on here!
sixzirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2003, 08:14 PM   #40
guitarplayer1

Thumbs up

i agree this cd is by far the best from them, and they do put the message out there loud and clear. i give it 2 thumbs
Unread 01-21-2004, 07:05 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Xenos
No way.

I don't particularly like this cd, and for any christian who is looking for a spiritually fulfilling cd, do not buy this album. If i could rate the album's non musical content in the negatives, i would.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #42
farfrigneuton10

Exclamation Re: Project86 isnt christian

Truthless Heroes is indeed an awesome CD and much like a parable it has a message that makes you think (though it doesnt have a happy ending, wah go cry somewhere else about that; the point of the CD is that if you choose the things of this world you WONT have a happy ending). Songs is good and I'm glad to hear Project resigned with T&N.

Now as far as none of Project's songs being christian let me recite a few lyrics:

Six Sirens - 1st album:
"we worship jah most high"

Open Hand- Drawing Black Lines:
"Raised hands surround us three nails to protect us"

Hollow - Truthless Heroes:
"How will we open the eyes of the Dead if we are Hollow, Hollow again"

Safe Haven - Songs To Burn Your Bridges By:
"Like father always said and I can only agree: 'Son they will hate you because they always hated me' and even though i feel alone I know that i could never be"

Now after reading those lyrics do you still doubt their christianity? Who are you to condemn them? 'For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'. On the subject of them not wanting to be known as a 'christian' band, how can you blame them? When every 'christian' band out there is trying to be little Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman clones so they can get on K-love and make money. "I must have a dressing room, a suite, and even a red carpet... seriously" -Carmen what the crap man? All 'christian bandst' these days it seems are into making money, and being on the radio. Most of them are hypocrits. Granted there are still a few who stick to the ways of Keith Green and use it as a ministry but they are few and far between.

If you are going to reach the masses you cant be stuck in a pigeon hole especially not one that is seen as being rejected and hypocritical.
Unread 04-23-2004, 01:05 AM   #43
Wizard Needs FIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew516
is this person sane?
Luke Henslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 01:10 AM   #44
Wizard Needs FIF

This kid knows what he be talkin about... a christian band, in my opinion, doesnt have to have some deep spiritual, bible-related theme for every song.... God is worshiped by our talents, and the project is VERY talented. Three nails to protect us....who could be possibly be talking about?
Luke Henslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #45

Someone insulter Five Iron Frenzy. I think I am going to start gunslingin. Five Iron was one of the most intelligent, christian bands of the decade. Period. P86, from what I have heard is just generic metal. Not that this is bad. It is just nothing new.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote