Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 4.08%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 3 6.12%
8 7 14.29%
9 14 28.57%
10 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #16
Jesus is the Best!

Send a message via ICQ to Eddo Send a message via MSN to Eddo
This album is really awesome! It was kinda hard to transfer from their 'drawing black lines' album... but I made it. IMO there music is starting to broaden over different styles.. I guess thats really good though

Edit: That reminds me.. their song 'Last meal'.. kinda chills your blood..

"We'll eat what's left of you before we are through" .. hmm..

Think Zombies? Nah.. they must be talking something else.

Boss Gt-3 FX
------------------------------------
I 'm feeling right now.
Eddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-18-2003, 06:00 PM   #17
got any spare change?

Send a message via AIM to Underhill
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddo

I think it fits into the story pretty well. Like what modern society is doing to the truthless hero.

http://www.myspace.com/THECLOUDSAREJUGGERNAUTS
^^^check out my music
Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 03:51 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to matt_aragon
Can someone explain to me where the message of hope can be found on this cd?

can someone please? because all i see is poor truthless hero being left alone and w/ out hope and with no mention of where to find it. musically they're best yet but from wut i've seen in their lyrics and now they're "philosophical" views umm i'm a lil worried bout poor andy lol. can someone please set me straight? cuz i really wanna go to their show in a few weeks w/ out any head trips about whether or not they're now in it for themselves.
matt_aragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2003, 04:42 PM   #19
Jesus is the Best!

Re: Can someone explain to me where the message of hope can be found on this cd?

Quote:
Originally posted by matt_aragon
can someone please? because all i see is poor truthless hero being left alone and w/ out hope and with no mention of where to find it. musically they're best yet but from wut i've seen in their lyrics and now they're "philosophical" views umm i'm a lil worried bout poor andy lol. can someone please set me straight? cuz i really wanna go to their show in a few weeks w/ out any head trips about whether or not they're now in it for themselves.
'

This is what http://www.cmcentral.com says about it:

"Truthless Heroes is a unique concept album from thrashing hard rockers Project 86 (think P.O.D., only a little less melodic, with more screaming and more angry sarcasm). It tells the story of a nameless would-be American hero who tries on for size all of the depraved things that the media tells us will lead to happiness. You'll also find a few thinly veiled political statements about the current state of the union.

Intentionally written and stylized to be like a one-hour television show (complete with commercials, no less), the thirteen tracks and four commercial interludes each fit together as pieces of this grand whole, this singular story. Lyrically, they rail out against the ills of a society that tries to program you to be like everyone else, and which has gleefully eroded the values of right and wrong. The album is virtually filled with biting sardonicism, conveying an emotion that goes beyond exasperation and desperation, coming dangerously close to revelling in utter despair and madness.

Musically, the album is an auditory onslaught, with well produced metal-leaning hard rock from the band, and Andrew Schwab's harsh, gutteral vocals in all the right places and searing screams in others. Stavesacre's Mark Salomon even shows up for some guest vocals on "Last Meal." Matt Hyde's production sounds kind of like a crunchy, hypnotic nightmare -- appropriate, considering the subject matter.

The album ends with these words from the song "Hollow": "...Here I was told / By Fallen men in their charade / That we could find a hope inside / The safety of this empty place". Truthless Heroes is a despondent look at the cruel, cynical, worthlessness of modern life apart from God. It's also a triumph of artistic expression and independent thought -- you may not agree with everything Project 86 says, but you'll never run out of intelligent brain food."
Boss Gt-3 FX
I 'm feeling right now.
Unread 03-27-2003, 06:42 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to matt_aragon
cool thanks alot

i guess i'm just upset w/ the way he never gives an answer to how truthless hero can find hope cuz i think that's the most important part of the story. o well maybe in his next book we'll find truthless hero's hopeful ending.
matt_aragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2003, 06:46 PM   #21
got any spare change?

Re: cool thanks alot

Quote:
Originally posted by matt_aragon
i guess i'm just upset w/ the way he never gives an answer to how truthless hero can find hope cuz i think that's the most important part of the story. o well maybe in his next book we'll find truthless hero's hopeful ending.
But that's the thing. There isn't a happy ending.

^^^check out my music
Unread 04-07-2003, 04:07 AM   #22
Elizabeth Rocks!!!

This cd is a must have! If you don't have it you are missing out on some great christian hard rock. I rate this a 10.
<marquee bgcolor="white">[size=]Aussies on CGR: Me, Beanie, living for God, Coldtoedpunker, reags, b_hoves, tellii, Dj MeZ'nJaH, comeback2morrow, peg, ICTHUS, J.C. Freak, Seraph_princess, and joshhem, pm me if I've left anyone out![/size]</marquee>

Awesome People, visit their blogs:
IndoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 12:44 AM   #23

i have to agree with the stuff on that link that was posted....

its quite disturbing..

i for one will not be buying this album.

Are there vending machines in heaven?
Merganzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2003, 10:45 PM   #24

Very good job by Project on this cd. I actually don't have this cd , but I have heard it many times. There are several underrated songs on this one. Some of my personal favorites are SMC, Hollow Again, Shelter Me, Know What It Means, and Little Green Men. Excellent drum fills, simple but sweet guitar riffs, loud bass, and of course the classic Andrew Schwab vocals. I haven't seen these guys live, but I would love to! Anyway, I've got enough money for one Project cd and I can't decide between Drawing Black Lines and this one. I recommend this cd.
AllTheWayLive86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #25
–@—!£L

to what everyone's saying about Project 86 Truthless Heroes not being christian - let me put it simply. you dont have to blatantly scream christianity to have a christian theme. When Jesus preached parables, he rareley even mentioned what he was imnplying until he'd finished the story, like how in this album, it is a story of a shallow person looking for something, and he can't. Just because it doesnt mention the underlying point until the actual explanation doesnt go to say that it has a striking christian message, which it does.
Unread 06-16-2003, 11:55 AM   #26
Jesus is the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddo
This album is really awesome! It was kinda hard to transfer from their 'drawing black lines' album... but I made it. IMO there music is starting to broaden over different styles.. I guess thats really good though

I've changed my stance on this band. While I still think their music is increadable talented. I will be throwing it in the trash where it belongs. There are secular bands out there that are more 'Christian' than Project 86.

If you have ever been to their website (http://www.truthlessheroes.com/) it pretty much sums up the whole cd, which I previously had trouble understanding. They even stuped to putting scantly clad pictures on their site... how shameful. If you really want to know what this band is about.. I suggest a read of this site:

http://www.evangelsociety.org/franci...ct86review.htm
Boss Gt-3 FX
I 'm feeling right now.
Unread 06-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #27

Truthless Heroes is like no other P86 album ever released. It rocks. Hard. It's awesome. It is totally worth a 10.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2003, 10:06 PM   #28

I broke their last cd, I don't even think the guys are a christian band. I never heard the mention of jesus or anything to do with christianity in their music.
TomfromIllinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 09:41 AM   #29
got any spare change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomfromIllinois
I broke their last cd, I don't even think the guys are a christian band. I never heard the mention of jesus or anything to do with christianity in their music.
They aren't a "Christian band". They've been saying that all along.

^^^check out my music
Unread 06-19-2003, 10:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomfromIllinois
Dude, you listen to Metallica. What does it matter then? You listen to secular music. It's not like you don't listen to Project 86 because they aren't "Christian enough". What's the problem then?

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote