Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Other CGR Stuff > CCM News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2002, 03:33 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Newsboys Hit #1...Again!

Newsboys have done it again! “Million Pieces,” the second single from their highly acclaimed release Thrive, reached the #1 position for the second week in a row on R&R’s Christian Hit Radio (CHR) charts as well as the Adult Contemporary (AC) charts. Newsboys dominated the charts earlier this year with “It Is You” capturing the #1 spot for a record breaking 12 consecutive weeks on CHR/POP formats.

On top of their radio success, Newsboys are also slated to release their first ever remix album, Newsboys Remixed, on September 24th. This is the only CD where Newsboys’ catalog of hits are completely remixed and all on one album. Featuring remixes of songs such as “Shine,” “Breakfast,” “Entertaining Angels,” and the radio smash “It Is You,” Newsboys Remixed will add a new twist to their already popular songs. The band is currently in the studio working on a new album that is slated to release in Spring 2003.

This album preludes the launch of the highly anticipated “Thrive—It’s All In The Word Tour” that will be kicking off on October 9th. Known for their groundbreaking and innovative live shows, Newsboys will also be joined by featured guests ZOEgirl (Sparrow), Superchic[k] (InPop), and By The Tree (Fervent).

The tour and Newsboys Remixed support Newsboys critically acclaimed project, Thrive, which is being hailed as “a superb introduction to their rising musical vision” by 20th Century Guitar Magazine. With national media attention (Newsweek, ESPN II, USA Today and CNN), sales exceeding 3 million units spanning multiple gold-certified recordings, and 20 No. 1 hits, Newsboys continue to make their mark.

For more information on tour dates and Newsboys, please visit www.sparrowrecords.com or www.newsboys.com.

For much more on The Newsboys, click here

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-13-2002, 03:37 PM   #2

I didnt like the new newboys cd very much at all.........:knope:
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:53 PM   #3
2nd fuzziest on the board

Location: Tyler, Texas, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, God's hands
Send a message via AIM to ICJdafuzz
*drools* oh my, thats awesome :-D I love the newsboys, can't wait for the remix. :Spin: The lyrics to Million Peices is awesome... "Oh, they all fall, like a million rain drops... falling from a blue sky, kissin your cares goodbye.."
Cause your dying to take my place
I thank You Lord
For Your amazing grace
I bless You Lord
Your the one that I adore
I love You Lord
Because of who You are

"Because of Who You Are - FFH"
</i></b></font>

Click <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36410">Here</a> to check up with me

<bold><i>~IHN,DaFuzz</i></bold>
ICJdafuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2002, 04:02 PM   #4
'Cuz the world looks on

Talking Driver theres a mad bee in my limo!

Go Newsboys!

Yah Well, doesn't the song Thrive remind you of anouther song but you just can't put your finger on it? If you can tell me what it is mail me.

If you listen REALLY hard to the audience singing at the end of the live version of "It Is You", you can hear this one guy singing REALLY out of tune in the back of your left earphone. REALLY.

Bands that rock my world:
NEWSBOYS!!!!BABY!!!!
The Elms
Sixpence NTR

Last edited by lologirl70; 09-14-2002 at 04:08 PM.
lologirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote