Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > U
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 3.13%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 1 3.13%
8 5 15.63%
9 4 12.50%
10 21 65.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-07-2002, 10:51 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Underoath - The Changing Of Times

Tracks
1. When The Sun Sleeps
2. Letting Go Of Tonight
3. A Message For Adrienne
4. Never Meant To Break Your Heart
5. The Changing Of Times
6. Angel Below
7. The Best Of Me
8. Short Of Daybreak
9. Alone In December
10. 814 Stops Today

For more on Underoath, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
adayhatedec

underoath is pure genious, new or old stuff, and this CD is breath-taking hands down. -jeff olson
Unread 10-05-2004, 05:23 PM   #3
Munchkin Murderer

Definetly worth checking out. Not as good as their two eps before it, but definetly awesome. i reccomend this and their newest album, "they're only chasing safety".

I gave it an 8.

Check out my band's new recordings!
ABAC-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
criesofthepast

i recomend changing of times rather than their only chasing safety prolly becuz i really like dallas rather than spencer and octavio too. their only chasing safety has like emocore type of **** which is ok but yeah it gets all the emo kids into it. and changin of times has like more crazy **** in the songs
Unread 11-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
criesofthepast

i recomend changing of times rather than their only chasing safety prolly becuz i really like dallas rather than spencer and octavio too. their only chasing safety has like emocore type of **** which is ok but yeah it gets all the emo kids into it. and changin of times has like more crazy **** in the songs
Unread 11-21-2004, 03:12 PM   #6
gthardcore

underoath used to be so amazing then when dallas and octavio left they turned on the suck. i would recommend act of deppression, cries of the past, and the changing of times. they're only chasing safety sucks. they are like story of the year/ taking back sunday now. they should definetly get rid of spencer if they ever want to rock again.
Unread 12-03-2004, 05:00 PM   #7
Munchkin Murderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthardcore
underoath used to be so amazing then when dallas and octavio left they turned on the suck. i would recommend act of deppression, cries of the past, and the changing of times. they're only chasing safety sucks. they are like story of the year/ taking back sunday now. they should definetly get rid of spencer if they ever want to rock again.
actually i hate to break this to you but if dallas had stuck with them they probably would be even more emo. reinventing your exit was actually written while dallas was still in the band. the interviews i've read make it clear that spencer actually brought a more of the hardness back to the band, instead of the other way around.

Check out my band's new recordings!
ABAC-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #8
Panic! Your Goin' To Hell

Great cd. ive loved underoath since the begining and i still do now. this cd had great heavy guitar riffs with great heartfelt and meaningful lyrics (if u can understand the screaming) Only problem was it was a little 2 short. Best songs were When the sun sleeps, A Message for Adrienne, and Alone in december.

9/10
underOATHrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to angel_below777 Send a message via Yahoo to angel_below777
This CD is really good, I like the new CD as well, but I have more of a connection to this one because of Dallas. He is a very good guy, he lives in birmingham and has a band called Maylene and the sons of disaster. They are very good. A mix of southern rock and metal/hardcore. You should definately check those guys out
angel_below777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #10

Talking Haha

You know I can't stay away from an old Underoath post

10/10

I love this album like no other. My personal favorite, ever, out of any band. It's the only album that I can listen to straight through without skipping a song. The lyrics are incredible, as is the case with Dallas normally. People may argue that Spee has more vocal range than Dallas, but I honestly prefer DT. The music is just immensely different, and they honestly aren't the same band as they once were. Octavio Fernandez's guitar was AMAZING on the album, and the 2 previous EP's. I think that when Corey, Dallas, and Octavio left, Underoath really became no more. Overall, I find "Alone In December", "Best of Me". and "When the Sun Sleeps" the most. But as I stated before, the whole CD is amazing. It's a shame that this lineup isn't around anymore, old Underoath just ninjas new in every aspect I can think of.

Must-buy album.
burn out on me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 07:40 AM   #11
Christian Guitarist!

Send a message via MSN to living_for_Him
I love this album, it's not my favorite by them, I actually like their newer stuff better, but it's still great. 9/10.

My Awesome Journal!!!

living_for_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #12
jesus was hard core

one of their greatest cds. next to cries of the past. UnderOath will forever be missed since Dallas Taylor started a new band. then agian i love Maylene and the sons of Disaster.
aborrowedgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #13
Rocks for Christ!

I havent heard all of this Cd but what I have heard is really good.
Unread 01-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #14

I liked it alot but after awhile the progessions and riffs got repetitive. 8 overall.
guitarwannabe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Loves Kisses

First Off THis CD is Awsome.... I really must say though you can tell it was
Created around their dawn of fame. I have many tabs for This Album
Ooblar is offline   Reply With Quote