Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-27-2002, 10:07 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to rockdonnystyle Send a message via Yahoo to rockdonnystyle
so, how do I not suck at singing??

so, how do I not suck at singing?? is it possible to be a decent singer with practice....or is it just a gene-acquired trait? lol, please help!

God loves music! keep it rockin! Psalm 150!
rockdonnystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-27-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
now has an Xkcer Woman

Send a message via ICQ to Xkcer Man Send a message via AIM to Xkcer Man Send a message via MSN to Xkcer Man Send a message via Yahoo to Xkcer Man
You can try a few things. One would be to use more air when you sing. This could make the difference between a wisper and a yell. Try finding out how much air it takes you to yell, and then try to use that much, except at a lower volume. Does that make sense?

Also, make sure you're singing the right notes. It helps to have a basic understanding of music if you're going to sing.

Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you unless you ask a specific question.
Unread 07-27-2002, 10:28 PM   #3
now has an Xkcer Woman

Send a message via ICQ to Xkcer Man Send a message via AIM to Xkcer Man Send a message via MSN to Xkcer Man Send a message via Yahoo to Xkcer Man
BTW, I think anyone can learn how to do anything if they're willing to work at it.
Unread 08-06-2002, 09:55 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to robert4xst Send a message via Yahoo to robert4xst
First you might want to look into some real training, lessons or even a friend who has had lessons will help. One of the main aspects is just getting you ear and mind to think in tones. To hear and be able to sing a specific note. That usually just takes practice.... your main way to start singing well will be Practice. Some people have a predisposition to singing, and can do so with greater ease, but I belive everyone can learn how to sing.
<{{{><
robert4xst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 02:46 PM   #5

its all comes down to the air you use. You have to remember that your lungs wrap around to your back so you should really expand on a real good breath.

Your throught is only about the size of a quarter, so when you take a good breath your mouth should not open much more than a quarter or you will be wasting a breath.

Im not an espesially good singer, but I know how to breath from my main instrument.