Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-29-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
fooshkee

Check out my recording of "Here I Am To Worship"

Me and my friend over the week recording the song "here i am to worship" from the newest passion cd.... i uploaded it (link below), I'd appreciate any suggestions at all... speak the truth guys!

I'm playing acoustic, some electric guitar, and lead vocals. My friend played drums, bass, most electric, and backup vocals...

To download.... go to: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wannabeguitarist/

Sponsored Links
Unread 06-30-2002, 02:37 PM   #2
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Send a message via AIM to Singin4Him82 Send a message via MSN to Singin4Him82
It sounds good and you have good flow into the song as well. I have just a few tips for ya. First, try singing a little lower in yourself by taking very deep breaths. It sound like your voice is a little nasely and it is quite easy to change that just to sing from your stomach/diaphragm. Also sing with a little more emotion like you really mean what you're singing. I'm sure you are totally into the sing but make it conviencing that you are "here to worship and bow down". That's one of the first things I learned from my vocal coach to sing the song like I mean it and feel what I'm singing. Hope some of that helps . Keep it up and give God all the glory!!

Singin4Him82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2002, 10:33 PM   #3
adorkable

Send a message via MSN to happygrrl
All I would suggest is simply loosening up your jaw and start really pronouncing every word. Over exaggerate each of them. Also, as Singin said, put some soul into it like you did at the end (which sounds good). It will give the song some more life and I think would definitely improve this and future endeavours. Congrats for being so brave.
happygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2002, 10:40 AM   #4

Cool

Wassup buddy! First of all, I did notice that you were singing for and worshipping God! The beginning and till the end, especially where you were LOUD for God (:-) as well as that transformation to the really mellow serene ending. The styles cool. But yeah, to reiterate that you sing from your diaphragm, oh yeah and a little louder especially in the middle. Yeah I know it can be a little more difficult 2 be heard especially when we guyz sing low and stuff, but that's cool. And yeah just accentuate more on the words. Just continue to WORSHIP! and to serve! The song'z the bomb! cuz He's the bomb! hehe. laterz! God bless!
brandon4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2002, 08:58 AM   #5
so black & white

Send a message via MSN to Swanky
Woah!

First of all I'd like to say that you sound really great, the acoustic and electric are great too. But what I was amazed by is that you remind me of Michael W. Smith! I love his music!

~Zeal_Of_God
Swanky is offline   Reply With Quote