Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Christian Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-15-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
On Fire For The Higher!!!

Question

Does anyone else get confused when listening to "I will never bow down" on 3rd Day's "Time" CD?

I can't make out wether Mac is saying that he will never bow down to Satan, or wether He is saying (Tounge in Cheek) that he will never bow down to Jesus (ie: actually highlighting his need to bow down to Jesus)

It's a bit confusing to me... any opinions?

........†
†God Bless†
........†
........†
........†
Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-15-2001, 12:35 PM   #2
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Lightbulb

Well I was *going* to go to Third Day's website to see if there was an FAQ or song meanings type thing there, but the site is acting all freaktified right now, so oh well. From what I gather from the song Mac is sort of addressing Satan, if you will, about being tempted. He's saying that Satan's telling you lies like "Oh, come on...if you bow down and worship me you won't have to worry about burning in hell, it'll be a great time" or something along those lines. Basically Mac is saying that he'll never bow down to Satan, no matter what, even though he'll supposedly be saved from the fires of hell. Which is where the last verse comes into play...and is also my fave: "Call us all around to show us what you have made, command us all to fall when the music starts to play, then everyone from everywhere will show you their allegiance, but the child of God will faithfully stand tall..." Saying that the devil will show you all these things he can do to try and "woo" you into believing him, but in the end the children of God will stand and be counted and taken to Heaven. This is an AWESOME song IMO, too. A friend of mine and I do music for Fifth Quarter's after the high school football games...he playes electric and I play bass/acoustic...and we did this one as our last song at the last Fifth Quarter this past football season and it was AWESOME. We had all the lights off with only a couple black lights and a strobe light and we rawked out! In case you wanted to know...we do it using electric w/a medium amount of distortion and my acoustic with a phaser-type sound. Awesome stuff...anywhoo, good question.

Brent
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
On Fire For The Higher!!!

Thanks, that helps a lot, "...though I know I will be saved from the fire..." were the words that threw me in the first place.
I also think that this could've easily been a song sung by "Daniel" (not bowing to the king's statue, being thrown into the fire etc.)

........†
†God Bless†
........†
........†
........†
Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2001, 08:45 AM   #4
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Cool

Very true, Rian. I'd never even thought about it that way. You might even have it right anyway now that I think about it, but either interpretation would work I think. Good point!

Brent
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2001, 10:32 AM   #5
so much

Talking This song is EASY to understand!!

This song is sooooo easy to understand (I'm not trying to offend you, ok????) You came close, Rian...... If you read the book of Daniel, you will see that this song is actually about Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego (I hope I spelled those right) They were to be cast into the furnace because they did not bow down to the kings statue when he commanded them to "Command us all to fall when music starts to play" (which is exactly what the king did) Almost everything in the song is in the book of Daniel. So you see, it's not JUST about not bowing down to Satan....... it's about not bowing down to anybody besides God.

"I will never bow down, though I know I will be saved from the fire"

It's an AWESOME statement of faith, don't you think?

"(a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or
recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 32"
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2001, 10:37 AM   #6
so much

Talking Oh...... about the first verse.

In the first verse............

"Take me from my home, drag me with a tether. Tell me it's all wrong, the things I've always known. Instill in me all that you think will make all of us better. Do just what you want... it matters not to me"

It is also talking about Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego (and Daniel this time too) they were captured by Nebuchadnezzar (the king of Babylon) who took them away to Babylon to be trained as servants to the king.... the king tried to make them eat his food, drink his wine and do everything how he wanted them to "Instill in me all that you think will make all of us better" But............... "Do just what you want... it matters not to me." was basically their reply.

"(a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or
recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 32"
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote