Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
The Story Teller

"God is love and love is real" - mewithoutYou

"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" — Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #32

I was looking at this site for the first time and I was very impressed. Very good job and posts here. The 1st part was really great and very occurate.. It’s nice to see that info about this has been given. I know that you couldn’t say much earlier, but I’m glad we finally know more.
ppooyntyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #33
The Story Teller

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" — Ravi Zacharias
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #34
The Story Teller

"I like a man who grins when he fights"

Winston Churchill
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #35
The Story Teller

"The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man."
— G.K. Chesterton
Unread 06-25-2011, 02:13 AM   #36
By His Grace...

"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." - ANON
Unread 07-18-2011, 01:03 AM   #37

This one is kind of dark but it really struck me...
"Nowadays, we claim that humanity was so unevolved in the dark ages, but if the machines stop working, and you take away 911, you will see the true face of barbarianism".
LearnTheTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #38
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
Jesus created enemies by telling the truth. And then he died for them because he loved them. Lets emulate both.

Don Miller
Unread 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #39
Chur Bro

"I am learning that life is a continuous journey. The beauty is not in arriving, but being alive in the present. This mindset is a fleeting one. The people we encounter have a permanent presence in our lives. We are eternal beings. There is no such thing as a “goodbye”." - Trent Seaver Williams
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:44 AM   #40
Chur Bro

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
Unread 08-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #41

There`s no such thing as an athiest in a foxhole.
Unread 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #42
|Last of the Gang to Die|

It's more than a short quip, but I like this quote. Like, a lot:

"Let no one bewail his poverty, for the universal kingdom has been revealed. Let no one weep for his iniquities, for pardon has shown forth from the grave. Let no one fear death, for the Savior's death has set us free. He that was held prisoner of it has annihilated it. By descending into Hell, He made Hell captive. He embittered it when it tasted of His flesh. And Isaiah, foretelling this, did cry: Hell, said he, was embittered, when it encountered Thee in the lower regions. It was embittered, for it was abolished. It was embittered, for it was mocked. It was embittered, for it was slain. It was embittered, for it was overthrown. It was embittered, for it was fettered in chains. It took a body, and met God face to face. It took earth, and encountered Heaven. It took that which was seen, and fell upon the unseen.

"O Death, where is your sting? O Hell, where is your victory? Christ is risen, and you are overthrown. Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen. Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice. Christ is risen, and life reigns. Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in the grave. For Christ, being risen from the dead, is become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. To Him be glory and dominion unto ages of ages. Amen."

--John Chrysostom

[My CGR Blog]

CGR: The Decimation
[A chronicle of CGR's timestream disruption and eventual redemption]
TheProdigalModern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #43

The next time you're feeling guilty before God, convicted by the Holy Spirit, and unlovable by Him, consider this:

"My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in"
Proverbs 3:11-12

The truth about hardships:

"You cannot purify gold without putting it through the fire. You cannot create a diamond unless you put it under pressure. In order for a tree to grow, you must first prune it.".

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Rom 5:3-5

This is a quote from a book called "Jesus Calling: Seeking Peace in His Presence, by Sarah Young". It contains letters written from Jesus' perspective:

"People usually associate victory with success: not falling or stumbling, not making mistakes. But It is through problems and failure, weakness and neediness that you learn to rely on Me... Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me. It is a faith-walk, taken one step at a time, leaning on Me as much as you need. This is not a path of continual success but of multiple failures. However, each failure is followed by a growth spurt, nourished by increased reliance on Me."
Milisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #44

Isaiah 53, Romans 12, John Chapter 14 and 15, 1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. And several others.....
lordspoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #45
Chur Bro

‎'Love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves, the resolution not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we see in them.' Thomas Merten