Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #16
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
Augustine's 'Thou hast formed us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee.'

Unread 03-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #17
Chur Bro

"The yearning to know what cannot be known, to comprehend the incomprehensible, to touch and taste the unapproachable, arises from the image of God in the nature of man. Deep calleth unto deep, and though polluted and landlocked by the mighty disaster theologians call the Fall, the soul senses its origin and longs to return to its source."
— A.W. Tozer
Unread 06-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #18
Chur Bro

My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.
(Psalms 130:6 NASB)
Unread 06-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #19

Lamentations 3:37-39

Who has spoken and it came to pass,
unless the Lord has commanded it?
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that good and bad come?
Why should a living man complain,
a man, about the punishment of his sins?

2 Cor 5:21

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Romans 6:17-18

But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

God's sovereignty, our condition, God's response and solution, and how we ought to live--and God's hand is in on that as well.
Unread 06-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to Joshua Nyams
I am nothing without Him. He enables me and i praise Him always...

Quote:
Deuteronomy 8:17-18 Do not say to yourself, ‘My power and the might of my own hand have gained me this wealth.’ 18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, so that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your ancestors, as he is doing today.

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, ‘I will never leave you or forsake you.’ 6 So we can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?’

Philibians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Joshua Nyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 05:34 AM   #21
Chur Bro

You were indeed called to be free, brothers and sisters. Don't turn this freedom into an excuse for your corrupt nature to express itself. Rather, serve each other through love.
(Galatians 5:13 GW)
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:21 AM   #22

I asked Jesus how much he loved me, He said this much; and He stretched out his arms and died..

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away." Rev 21:4
Theo D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo D View Post
I asked Jesus how much he loved me, He said this much; and He stretched out his arms and died..

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away." Rev 21:4
T:

This is a great promise, from Revelation 21.

That chapter has got such a lot of encouragement for the believer.

If you're considering a tattoo, why not make it faith related?

Jewelry stuff: maybe the minimalist look is best, a stud or two....

PS: Be patient, guys; I'm not in the US
farouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #24

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (English Standard Version)

So we do not lose heart.Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #25
Chur Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman View Post
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (English Standard Version)

So we do not lose heart.Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
i really like that verse.
i have a soft backed bible thats a bit worn out, it opens to the page that that verse is on really easily.
Unread 11-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfood View Post
i really like that verse.
i have a soft backed bible thats a bit worn out, it opens to the page that that verse is on really easily.
That verse was read at a funeral I was at recently--it beautifully applied to the life our the dearly departed saint, whose life we were remembering, celebrating, and praising/thanking God for.
Unread 12-07-2010, 03:28 AM   #27
Chur Bro

Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on our good deeds. It is based on our faith. So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law.
(Romans 3:27-28 NLT)
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #28
Chur Bro

Even though the fig trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no grain, even though the sheep all die and the cattle stalls are empty, I will still be joyful and glad, because the LORD God is my savior.
(Habakkuk 3:17-18 GNB)

despite having nothing ... i will praise my God
Unread 05-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfood View Post
Even though the fig trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no grain, even though the sheep all die and the cattle stalls are empty, I will still be joyful and glad, because the LORD God is my savior.
(Habakkuk 3:17-18 GNB)

despite having nothing ... i will praise my God
df:

This is a great challenge, yes.

We need to keep looking up.

If you're considering a tattoo, why not make it faith related?

Jewelry stuff: maybe the minimalist look is best, a stud or two....

PS: Be patient, guys; I'm not in the US
farouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things... —practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:4-9 ESV - This is a great passage to remember when we are upset or discouraged!
cotten is offline   Reply With Quote