Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > M
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 5 22.73%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 1 4.55%
9 5 22.73%
10 11 50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-11-2002, 05:11 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
MxPx - Ten Years And Running

Tracks
1. Punk Rawk Show
2. My Mistake
3. Running Away
4. Chick Magnet
5. Want Ad
6. Tomorrow's Another Day
7. Doing Time
8. The Broken Bones
9. My Life Story
10. Teenage Politics
11. PxPx
12. GSF
13. Do Your Feet Hurt
14. Let It Happen
15. Lonesome Town
16. Dolores
17. Rock and Roll Girl
18. Move To Bremerton
19. Middle Name

For more on MxPx, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-20-2002, 07:36 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Jango Maul
MXPX

I love this cd. It has all of my fav MXPX songs on it. My most fav songs r Chick Magnet, Let it Happen, and Move to Bremerton. Buy this cd if u have the chance.

Last edited by Tracy; 08-07-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Jango Maul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

Send a message via AIM to emo_boy Send a message via Yahoo to emo_boy
this cd rocks

One word, AWESOME! Not a bad song on the whole CD.

BUY IT!!!!!

Adam
emo_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2002, 07:17 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to fuz53
i don't like the CD mostly because i already have all but 3 songs on it from their other cds. Not worth buying for three songs.
fuz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2002, 07:26 PM   #5
I am a boy named Sue

Send a message via AIM to Pick it up! Send a message via MSN to Pick it up!
i'd buy it if i didn't already have the "let it happen" cd, which like a bunch of their cds put together basically, most of the songs from that cd are on it. i like MxPx.
Unread 08-04-2002, 02:57 PM   #6
So Slick! oh-wait....no.

Send a message via AIM to sweetme14
i think it's good...definitly not to be confused with bad. this is the first mxpx cd i have purchased and now i want all the other ones. and now i can draw the pokinatcha man. yay!
sweetme14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
got any spare change?

Send a message via AIM to Underhill
this is a great cd

http://www.myspace.com/THECLOUDSAREJUGGERNAUTS
^^^check out my music
Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2002, 08:38 AM   #8
Raw Material

Send a message via ICQ to Jfreak Send a message via AIM to Jfreak
I love MxPx, but they really need to work on some new songs...
this is like there 2nd or 3rd "Greatest Hits" album. But I still love MxPx
Unread 02-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to tctnbassist Send a message via Yahoo to tctnbassist
I HAVE ALL THESE SONGS EXCEPT FOR A FEW THIS CD SUX MxPx USE TO BE MY FAVORITE BAND THEN THEY DECIDED TO SELL OUT FOR MORE MONEY. AS SOON AS THEY CAME OUT WITH THE EVER PASSING MOMENT YOU COULD TELL THEY SOLD OUT. I DUNNO IT JUST MAKES ME MAD TO SEE SUCH A GOOD BAND GO BAD. SORRY OF I OFFEND YOU.
tctnbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 06:20 PM   #10
used to like punk a lot.

Thumbs up

MxPx is the best band ever. Period. I'd have to say that this cd and At the Show tie for MxPx's best. But their new one, Before Everything and After, comes out this summer and it's sure to be a very good one. Oh and another thing. MxPx did NOT sell out. I do agree that The Ever Passing Moment was a way different sound and much more pop-punkish than their previous albums, but this does not mean they are sellouts. If you take a look at their popularity and where they are now, you'll see that they definately have had the opportunity to sell out. Compare any sellout band's cds (Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc.) to the Rennaissance EP and you'll notice a very big difference. If MxPx was such a sellout band, they'd be big and commercialized. Also, when was the last time you heard a mxpx song on nickelodeon or disney? MxPx is awesome.

Last edited by PunkRocker; 05-31-2003 at 06:28 PM.
PunkRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 09:19 PM   #11

Angry dude!

ill say this the ever passing moment was there first big seller.. when they realised thats how they could make money they went with it... sounds like selling out to me? can i ask when you started listening to MxPx what was the first cd you hear.. o and the whole disney thing they don't play nething with the name punk in it.... the closest they got was that milo and whatever thing (which sounded pretty cool) so don't talk about tehm being on disney... o and they are publicized they do pepsi commercials.... God Bless
Unread 06-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
JadeShadow

alright this CD wasnt amazing, but it was good, and deserves to be bought. i dont know who the guy is trying to say they sold out, if that bothers you then you dont need to listen to music at all. becasue people like it doestn make it bad music. they made a lot of money and sold alot of albums for a reason my friend. they are an amazingly talented bunch of guys whether they made alot of money or not. all that counts is their live sound if you ask me... who gives a flying crap who sells out and who dosent and who are millionairs, those are all personal decisions. dont get dragged into it people, just listen to the music and stop trying to bring down great bands.
Unread 06-10-2003, 08:24 PM   #13

Red face WOW!!

okk.. so because i have an oppinion i shouldn't listen to music your a funny person jade... Ok first of all I am sooo happy when a Christian band is able to make a liveng off there talent... second of all if youre going to listen to music you shouldn't just do it cause its music you should enjoy it... and all I meant to say (and it seems like haven't done a good job at it) is that I don't like the new MxPx... in my oppinion they suck... and they are alot poppier now... and you have to admit that... so sorry if i offended you... i just don't like it.
Unread 09-18-2003, 10:18 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to theboyw0nder Send a message via Yahoo to theboyw0nder
This is my seccond favorite CD of all time! This album is all their best songs, with the exception of "I'm Ok You're OK" and "Responsibility". If you are new to MxPx DEFINITELY GET THIS CD. I wan't to adress all you people who said they sold out. they did NOT sell out On their latest CD "Before Everything and After" Mike sings, "We don't need fortune and we don't need fame, we don't need bright lights to spell our name, all we ever wanted was to play, we're just like you we're straight from the crowd so raise your voice and play it loud!" Think about it like this, MxPx isn't a bunch of 15 year olds anymore, heck they are MARRIED for crying out loud. Don't you think that'd have some kinda affect on the music they played? They didn't even get payed for the Mountain Dew Comercial, Scooby Dew Song, or Pepsi Comercial. They did it for fun. This band blatantly rocks! "Before Everything and After" is even more Christian than any of their albums since "Teenage Politics". Anyways...Ten Years and Running is SUPERB. There are 2 new songs, tracks 2 and 3, and it includes a rare song "The Broken Bones", and a really good rereccording of "Punk Rock Show". DEFINITELY GET THIS CD!
Unread 06-20-2004, 01:19 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to eric k
Probably my favorite MxPx cd, I like their new sound. I was wondering what cd "Lonesome Town" is from, I love that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctnbassist
I HAVE ALL THESE SONGS EXCEPT FOR A FEW THIS CD SUX MxPx USE TO BE MY FAVORITE BAND THEN THEY DECIDED TO SELL OUT FOR MORE MONEY. AS SOON AS THEY CAME OUT WITH THE EVER PASSING MOMENT YOU COULD TELL THEY SOLD OUT. I DUNNO IT JUST MAKES ME MAD TO SEE SUCH A GOOD BAND GO BAD. SORRY OF I OFFEND YOU.
"Every night I get down on my knees and pray. Thank the Lord above for you each day."
"These days so few seem to have faith in the Son of Man and in his grace"

These are lines from "You Make Me Me" off of "Before Everything and After". I wouldn't call that selling out.

Last edited by kkid136; 07-05-2004 at 10:44 PM.
eric k is offline   Reply With Quote