Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > W
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2002, 05:43 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Watson, Wayne - The Way Home

Tracks
1. There Goes Sundown
2. Here In This Town
3. Wouldn't That Be Somethin'
4. For Such A Time As This
5. The Urgency (Be The Generally Insignificant)
6. Growing
7. The Long Way Home
8. Perception
9. What Are You Still Doin Here
10. Come Home

For more on Wayne Watson, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-25-2002, 12:17 PM   #2

The main reason I wanted to cast my vote for Wayne Watson's "The Way Home" CD is because there wasn't a list of anyone voting on it at all. Needless to say I was shocked! I feel this is his finest work so far. His work has always been deep and meaningful. He has the ability to dig deep into his heart to bring out words of comfort, conviction, and praise. I've always felt that he wasn't pointing a finger at others as much as he is willing to share his personal struggles with the thought that maybe someone else needs to hear these very words. I appreciate Wayne's honesty and his genuine concern for others. I sense in all his work his main focus is to lift up our Lord first and to encourage his fellow brothers and sisters second. May God bless Wayne and allow him to remain with us for some time so that we all may benefit from his ministry. I agree with Wayne when he writes "other days I wanna stay around, grow old with that girl of mine." May God bless us all with that request.
Sincerely, Randy Kallenberger
bndforglry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2003, 12:21 AM   #3
Resident Keaggy Expert

Send a message via AIM to PKfanSteph Send a message via MSN to PKfanSteph Send a message via Yahoo to PKfanSteph
This was my first Wayne Watson CD and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had put off giving him a serious listen because he was my college roommate's favorite artist (all Wayne, all the time...she hated Phil Keaggy for the same reason). But, after we moved and I cooled off, I picked this one up at a used CD store and loved every minute of it! There is fantastic songwriting here! And it's a great combination of rock, country and adult contemporary music. He plays with incredible feeling and sincerity. My favorites include the rockin' "Here In This Town" and blatantly honest acoustic guitar ballad, "Growin'". It's a great CD and I regret not picking it up sooner!