Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2002, 04:56 PM   #1

Question How old were you when you started?

How old were you when you started playing the bass guitar? Did you start on the bass or the guitar? I got my first bass on my 13 b-day:kcool:

Sterling
MusicmanBasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-10-2002, 08:09 PM   #2
wielder of the bassguitar

cool i got mine a little after my birthday for christmas
Unread 06-10-2002, 08:10 PM   #3

'bout a month ago. i switched from guitar to bass. i'm a traitor, but i like it better!
shrieking chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2002, 08:14 PM   #4

Yeah, I've found the bass 2 be "addicting". I love it, God has truly blessed me thru it! Your not a traitor for switching!!:klol:

Sterling
MusicmanBasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
Magnus frater spectat te

I started playing Guitar when I was 15, and I started playing bass about 2 years later.

<font size = 1>Any Culture whose artists are directed or controlled by commercial interests is in mortal danger. Any artist directed or controlled by commercial interests is in mortal danger. Any artist willingly directed or controlled by commercial interests is not to be trusted. - Robert Fripp</font>
Basszilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2002, 10:26 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to robert4xst Send a message via Yahoo to robert4xst
I started playing bass when I was 16 and a senior in high school. I started playing becuase my youth group was starting a praise band, and needed a bass player... I just felt led to do it. I begged my parents to get me a bass, so we went down to the local music shop and got an Ibanez GSR 200 w/ Gigbag and a small Fender Frontman 15B... The rest is history and I haven't looked back since.
<{{{><
robert4xst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2002, 09:22 PM   #7
That's a lonely light.

Send a message via Yahoo to Lightinthedark
My story is very similar. When I was 15 we got a new youth minister and he started up a praise band. They were looking for a bass player and I begged my parents to get me one so I got one of those starter packs for an early Christmas present. About that time I found my dad's old guitar, tuned it up, and started to play around with that. I still play bass, but last spring break I bought me a new acoustic, and this summer I'm working to get me an electric. Our guitar player going to graduate next year, so when he goes to college(he's going far away) I want to start playing electric and let his little brother, who is a 7th grader, start playing bass for us.
Unread 06-13-2002, 09:23 PM   #8
Booya Jim

Send a message via AIM to SenorPapaCabasa
I started bass a year after i started guitar, i was 14
Unread 06-17-2002, 12:07 PM   #9
hear the bass

started playing bass when i was almost 14 and decided to switch from guitar, i picked it up really easily. and i finally got my own bass last september :kgrin:

"Go to the mountain, have a mountain top experience." -Nolan Clark

nomatterwhat

-VaL
nomatterwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #10

I started playing bass on a acoustic guitar about three years ago. Then I finally got a bass guitar, and have been playing ever since. The funny and amazing part about getting my bass is that it was given to me for free on Christmas. God told a man who owns a bass to give it to me So my bass is a gift from God.
Unread 06-17-2002, 10:02 PM   #11

I started playing bass about a year ago, and I love it. I get to start playing for my youth group in a couple weeks, the other bass player is going to china on a mission trip for 2 weeks and I have to fill in for him. I'm so excited
TomfromIllinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2002, 06:51 AM   #12
OWEN ONE ROCKS

Send a message via AIM to Chip20045
I've played bass for 2 years now....how i got started is kinda different for everyone else....2 years ago, my band director @ school wanted someone to play bass for pep band (thats where we like play @ basketball games and football games) and i was like...sweet! So i started playing. Now i play in a punk band, and i play the bass all the time for school band...its awesome i get a credit for playing guitar and its awesome taking it to contests and stuff cause when i walk around carrying it, ppul are just like "cool, is that a bass guitar?!?" and everyone starts talking to me lol
Chip20045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2002, 06:32 PM   #13

Send a message via ICQ to jhikel
I didn't pick up the bass until i was 18. The previous bass player at my church moved away and for about a year there was no one to play. With no music experience i picked one up and learned on my own. That was 1-1/2 ago. One of the best decisions i have made.
jhikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 04:54 AM   #14
Keeper Of The Stone

Send a message via ICQ to chaos
I had just turned 14 when i first started in church man my first sunday was bad all i did was play single notes
chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 11:46 AM   #15

Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. For those of you in the US, that's just south of the north pole! : )
I started 6 months ago, and I'm really enjoying it! My older brother plays bass, so he's taught me a ton of stuff, and whenever I'm playing in church I can just look over at him (He plays electric guitar in church) and he'll help me out.
I played guitar for over two years now, but I like bass better. Since I started, I haven't even touched a electric guitar, cuz bass has me hooked!

-becca-