Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > T
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 3.03%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 3 9.09%
6 3 9.09%
7 1 3.03%
8 6 18.18%
9 5 15.15%
10 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2002, 03:32 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Third Day - Third Day

Tracks
1. Nothing At All
2. Forever
3. Mama
4. Love Song
5. Blackbird
6. Thief
7. Consuming Fire
8. Did You Mean It
9. Holy Spirit
10. Livin' For Jesus
11. Take My Life
12. Praise Song

For more on Third Day, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-16-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
Third Day Fan

Third day!!

For me, this is the best of all the Third Day CDs. I love the driving guitar from the very beginning, and then the way the accoustic guitar comes in. "Thief" is the song I love to play the most. I've done it at church and at an open mic. where there was a bunch of headbangers. It was great. God's words to all people.
Paulbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Heavy C
"The Bus CD" as it has become known, is an awesome CD which any Christian rock collection is empty without...

-Cal
and I'm Still Listening."
Heavy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2003, 02:29 AM   #4
We Will Play FOREVER

This album seems to be a forgotten album to me. Most people dont rank it with the others. I think it is just as good as Conspiracy #5 and maybe just slightly below Time and Come Together. Offerings and Offerings 2 are sort of "greatest hits" so I won't count them. I love the "Love Song", "Take My Life", "Blackbird" and "Praise Song". I think the two best tracks are "The Thief" and "CONSUMING FIRE". Consuming Fire is a hard one to play and make it sound good but The Thief can be done and done well.
Unread 04-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #5

Awesome CD. Probably couldn't have kicked it off better than this considering how young the band was I love this CD. 10.
church-clown40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #6
CGR's Stealth Bomber

Guys, I normally love Third Day and would've given this album a 10, except that I really don't like the song Blackbird, so it reduced my rating to a 6.
Jay42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
OurGod,He'sAConsumingFire

Send a message via AIM to P&W JAMMER Send a message via Yahoo to P&W JAMMER
Wow! For A Band That Has Been Out On The Charts For Only 9 Years You Have To Give Big Props To Every Member Of Third Day...
This Kids, Is The Way To Kick Off A Bands First Album: Guitar Feedback Into Driving E-Guitar With Accoustic Riff In The Backround... Then Bulid On It...
After OfferingsII & Wire More People Will Start To Look Back(Newcomers: At?) This Cd And Hear How This Band Had Stayed True To Roots While Evolving It's Sound... It Is Selfish For Listeners To Want A Band To "Stay The Same" Or To Have The "Same" Or "Right" Sound. The People Who Made This Cd And The Songs On It Are Not The Same Now, So The Song Will Not Be The Same...
And The Offerings Cd's Are Praise&Worship Not "Greatest Hit's" Most Of The Live Songs From Other Cd's Were NOT Singles... Your Love Oh Lord Is The Only One That Comes To Mind That Was A Big Hit In It's Own Right ( It Was Also A Music Video Kid's...) But That's Another Review...
Unread 07-22-2005, 08:12 PM   #8
Chippy

Send a message via MSN to sgarlata2000
A great CD

This is a fantastic CD for third Day being their first. I LOVE Blackbird, it has one of the best solo's in it and Brad plays it exeptionally well. Did you mean it is a great song as well.
sgarlata2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Blazer77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotj4
This album seems to be a forgotten album to me. Most people dont rank it with the others. I think it is just as good as Conspiracy #5 and maybe just slightly below Time and Come Together. Offerings and Offerings 2 are sort of "greatest hits" so I won't count them. I love the "Love Song", "Take My Life", "Blackbird" and "Praise Song". I think the two best tracks are "The Thief" and "CONSUMING FIRE". Consuming Fire is a hard one to play and make it sound good but The Thief can be done and done well.

I def. agree with your commentary...except I would order the albums this way: I put Conspiracy at the top just because of its originality and because it's a bit harder...but you can't beat the quintessential hits on the self titled CD, so it ranks second. Followed by Time and Come Together...
Blazer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #10

I remember when my college roomate came back from GMA and had this CD. It was all the rage at the time. But personally, I could never get into it. The only Third Day cd that I've grown to appreciate is Conspiracy. Musically, that is their strongest and most artistic, in my humble opinion.
Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #11

5/10. The best was yet to come. Ahem...Wire!
akeldama is offline   Reply With Quote