Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 3 2.80%
2 2 1.87%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 2 1.87%
6 0 0%
7 7 6.54%
8 10 9.35%
9 21 19.63%
10 62 57.94%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:09 PM   #46

NO LYRICAL TALENT!!!!!! If there lyrics are praisin' God what difference does it make if they're redundant! I would hope they were in praisin' God! And if you fall asleep listenin to them, you must be deaf in at least one ear. The musicallity of Noah on the 6 strang thang along with their new drummer makes me wanna scream it's so good! It's like ear candy to a fat boy!!!! (no offense!) THE NEW CD IS WAY AWESOME! It's great to see that they went mainstream and kept true to God. If you haven't heard the new song on the album "In God We Trust" it's worth buyin just for that! I heard it live in Arlington back a few months ago and they were rockin' hard! PILLAR Please keep up the good work! ROCK ON!!!!

Sponsored Links
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:23 PM   #47
Sexier than Dr. Worm

Send a message via MSN to Danny
You're absolutely right. Heaven forbid a Christian artist actually thrive for excellence when he can get away with mediocrity, so long as he says "God" a few times?

Newsflash: Music is an artform, not evangelism. It should be judged as such. "Praisin' God" does not equate to good lyricism.

People like you are the reason Christian music sucks so hard in comparison to secular.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:53 PM   #48
Don't hate, I'm just good

Send a message via ICQ to Avalanche 126 Send a message via AIM to Avalanche 126 Send a message via Yahoo to Avalanche 126
who are we talking to or about here?? im confused??

and by the way for the remix...since they got resigned to another label, a secular label, they took the album back to the studio and brought out sounds and instruments/vocals and the like out they really wanted the first time but couldnt get. there are some different guitar licks and drums but its rare and you would have to know how the first album sounded to kno the changes in the remix. they added a fireproof radio version to it. i think it is alot cleaner and soundsa crisper/better. but no techno remix type cd

let's have a laugh -
Avalanche 126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2003, 01:37 PM   #49

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche 126
who are we talking to or about here?? im confused??
Dan-O was talking to guest. Probably in reference to when he said "If there lyrics are praisin' God what difference does it make if they're redundant! I would hope they were in praisin' God!"

Quote:
and by the way for the remix...since they got resigned to another label, a secular label, they took the album back to the studio and brought out sounds and instruments/vocals and the like out they really wanted the first time but couldnt get. there are some different guitar licks and drums but its rare and you would have to know how the first album sounded to kno the changes in the remix. they added a fireproof radio version to it. i think it is alot cleaner and soundsa crisper/better. but no techno remix type cd
I haven't heard the new version, but a cleaner sound fits their style.

Its not uncommon for bands CDs to get remixed like that when they get picked up by a major label. My audio engineer recorded a band called Nillah. After they recorded the band, the band got picked up by a major label. The label hired "Super Mixer Dude" to mix the CD and make it MTV worthy.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2003, 11:17 AM   #50
God's Child

Send a message via AIM to pillar_freak_ug Send a message via MSN to pillar_freak_ug Send a message via Yahoo to pillar_freak_ug
Thumbs up Pillar is the beastliest band EVER!!!!

Pillar is a very good band! Lyrically, they are very talented. They have some very strong songs. Strong sayings are everywhere. EX: You're taking a risk when you resist the one who makes you exist....Evolutionists, we got love for you too, but we're breaking down walls seeking out the Truth....I'm a soldier in this army of one, and like I told ya the battle's already won.... Those are just a few examples and only from one song! Pillar has truely influenced me in my walk with the Lord and in my musical "venture" so to speak. My song writing has been recognized from local artists. Not big time artists yet, cuz I'm only 13 and live in a small town. Here is the chorus to one of my songs called "Eternity": He gave His humble life for me, His graceful heart has set me free. Jesus Christ, He woke me up and gave me eternity. That is just one of my many songs, and Pillar has had an influence on most of them. The most influence is seen in the verses, but it is undoubtedly there. Pillar has matured very much since their first few albums. Their newest effort especially. Fireproof has gained the attention and respect of many record labels and "big time" people from across the nation. Pillar is doing very well in their musical and spiritual journey, and I fully support them. stay up, sarah
pillar_freak_ug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #51
One Nation under God

Send a message via AIM to suntuoso
Pillar is sooooooooo awesome. yeah{} !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#111111111

One weekend a month, two weeks in the summer, and 400 days in the freakin dessert!
suntuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 05:03 PM   #52
throw up your rawkfist!!!

Send a message via AIM to punker15 Send a message via Yahoo to punker15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Have they just redone all the songs on a different label? Or is it a techno remix type thing?
Pretty much, they just re-released the album with MCA Records. I think it rocks way more than the first one. Songs such as Fireproof, Echelon, Indivisible, and especially Behind Closed Doors have more punch to them. And "A Shame" sounds like a whole new song. It's definately worth buying!
punker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #53
bmx rider

They rock

This cd rocks!!!! The guitars are great. The music is a good mix of hard rock/rapcore and I like the screams. The beginning of ''fireproof'' sounds really cool.
Ilikehardrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #54

THIS CD ROCKS!!!!! Pillar is one my favourite bands and this album is amazing. They have great vocals and great instrumentals. I love all of their songs and i can't wait for them to come out with a new album. This is an amazing CD and i recommend you buy it if you don't have it.
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #55
Metallist

Send a message via Yahoo to Metallistically
Exclamation FR or MCA?

I used to own the Flicker Records (FR) version of this CD, which was out before they hooked up with MCA and became faamous. I now own the MCA version, whcih is a lot better musically, distortionally, and song organizationally. The FR version was too repetative and sounded too much like Indie Rock, which no offense but I don't think has much skill in it. The MCA remix is a whole lot better. They turn the reverb up and the playing has more skill. Plus, now they have a y good new drummer, Lester Estelle (that's a sweet name, man). I haven't heard him but he's probably much better than Brad was. Anyway, I recomend getting the MCA version of this CD. (Though they're not my favorite band, they are pretty good on the MCA CD.) It's carzy, man! :kcool:

P.O.D./ Blindside Headline Tour 2004
with Lacuna Coil anbd hazen Street
Metallistically is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #56
Metallist

Send a message via Yahoo to Metallistically
Exclamation FR or MCA?

I used to own the Flicker Records (FR) version of this CD, which was out before they hooked up with MCA and became faamous. I now own the MCA version, whcih is a lot better musically, distortionally, and song organizationally. The FR version was too repetative and sounded too much like Indie Rock, which no offense but I don't think has much skill in it. The MCA remix is a whole lot better. They turn the reverb up and the playing has more skill. Plus, now they have a y good new drummer, Lester Estelle (that's a sweet name, man). I haven't heard him but he's probably much better than Brad was. Anyway, I recomend getting the MCA version of this CD. (Though they're not my favorite band, they are pretty good on the MCA CD.) It's crazy, man! :kcool:

http://payableondeath.com
versus :givebeer:
http://pillarmusic.com

P.O.D./ Blindside Headline Tour 2004
with Lacuna Coil anbd hazen Street
Metallistically is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 08:26 PM   #57
knows so little

Pillar definetly rocks, i heard fireproof and wasn't that impressed until i listened a second time, and now its very rockin great cd!! i gave it an 8! i saw them in concert just last night and like 2 weeks before that, Lester is awesome at the first concert he did like a drum solo for 5 mins straight while there were strobe lights goin nuts on him it was awesome. and noah is the man too his dreads are crazy and last night he did a one handed cartwheel in the middle of playin haha it was great. pillar is friggin awesome!

"Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the lesson that we should learn.... If at first you dont succeed... blame your parents." - Yakko
Shaneathin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 01:25 AM   #58
We is dumb.

Send a message via AIM to fudrudler Send a message via MSN to fudrudler Send a message via Yahoo to fudrudler
This cd is mediocre at best.
Maxtor Maxline III 250G
1G Corsair Value Select
Monitor 1- Viewsonic G90F
Monitor 2 -Gateway EV700 (free from a Helpdesk Giveaway)
Logisys Dracula Case

DeviantArt

fudrudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #59
pillar rock

yay

pillar are my fave band THEY ROCK!!! the album is amazing i live in england so i never get to see them in concert the songs are great. love the riffs Noah (love the name) Robs vocals are so cool. especially on further from myself that song rocks. The lyrics are amazing. it's great to see a lively band do so well with great christian messages in all their songs. Guitar=great Bass=boomin! vocals= cool (like the screams) Drums=er...wow!? lol
my fave songs are fireproof, echelon and just to get by
Unread 09-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #60
The Smart Guy

Send a message via AIM to Brian-Alexander Send a message via MSN to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Yahoo to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Skype™ to Brian-Alexander
great cd. Pillar rockS!