Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 3 2.80%
2 2 1.87%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 2 1.87%
6 0 0%
7 7 6.54%
8 10 9.35%
9 21 19.63%
10 62 57.94%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-12-2002, 11:14 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Iamfireproof Send a message via Yahoo to Iamfireproof
This is definetly and awesome album at first its not the greatest cd but man it grew on me I like all the songs but Indivisable, Just 2 get by, Echolon, and oh.. i dont know Ilike them all too much. alright laterz

Unread 09-18-2002, 09:07 PM   #17
I can't understand you...

Send a message via AIM to SoccerAaron Send a message via Yahoo to SoccerAaron
This is a great CD!!!
10!

http://www.YourFreeVideoiPods.com/index.php?ref=1663076

This is all legit and legal. PM me for more questions. If you sign up through my link and complete an offer, I will give you $10 after I'm given credit for your completion. The blockbuster deal is $10 and you get movies for a month and 4 in-store coupons for movies. So if you cancel before you're billed for the second month you basically are getting free movies sent to you and 4 coupons for free.

I get paid everytime you click this.

Last edited by Tracy; 09-27-2002 at 09:11 PM.
SoccerAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2002, 08:19 PM   #18
We is dumb.

Send a message via AIM to fudrudler Send a message via MSN to fudrudler Send a message via Yahoo to fudrudler
this is an awesome cd noah is way better than the guitar player from the other cd
Maxtor Maxline III 250G
1G Corsair Value Select
Monitor 1- Viewsonic G90F
Monitor 2 -Gateway EV700 (free from a Helpdesk Giveaway)
Logisys Dracula Case

DeviantArt

fudrudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2002, 10:16 PM   #19
Sexier than Dr. Worm

Send a message via MSN to Danny
THEY CHANGED GUITAR PLAYERS???

STUPID DAN! STUPID!

*bangs head on keyboard*

WHY DIDN'T I NOTICE??? I USUALLY NOTICE THESE THINGS!!!

Last edited by Tracy; 09-27-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2002, 09:55 PM   #20
One complete machine

Heard some of it.....

Better than there last stuff but I still wouldn't buy it.

Team Black CGR:Media Icon
malkavian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2002, 07:32 PM   #21

It's a cool CD. Fireproof and Echelon are great songs.
Unread 10-08-2002, 06:27 PM   #22

What a Disc!

Yeah, you can tell they've been influenced by Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit to name a few...but the sound is absolutely great, and their lyrics are fantastic!

I'm sooo glad I took the chance and added this to my collection. Kudos to Pillar for offering a few full mp3's on their site for download too!

Steve
Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #23

Everyone buy it ITS AWESOME MAN AWESOME
thats the only thing to describe it.
Unread 11-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by mNighthawk007
THEY CHANGED GUITAR PLAYERS???

STUPID DAN! STUPID!

*bangs head on keyboard*

WHY DIDN'T I NOTICE??? I USUALLY NOTICE THESE THINGS!!!
Ya I like the switch, noah is a much better guitarist. He understands theory more.
Unread 11-18-2002, 09:44 PM   #25

Talking PILLAR

Hi, Everybody!!! I'm kinda new to the site. Listen, I want to thank everybody for the kind remarks about Pillar! I'm on Pillar's street team, and I agree--they rock! If any of you get the chance to go out and see them in person, please do so--you'll really love it! They'll rock your face off! They are also a bunch of really , really nice guys, who truly love and appreciate their fans more than most bands. They spend lots of time just hangin' out with everyone...no egos on these guys! While I am truly grateful for the positive comments about Pillar, I wanted to address the negative ones too. Someone said Pillar seems like kind of a "rip-off" band. Doesn't almost EVERY band sound similar to someone else? :confused: I mean, you could say almost any band out there has someone who sounds like them. Believe me---Pillar has ORIGINAL stuff! Sure, they like other bands, just like everyone else does, but they sound like themselves! They are NOT trying to copy anyone, ESPECIALLY NOT Fred Durst! They are just trying to share the gifts and talents GOD has given them, and lead people to hope in Jesus Christ. I've had oppurtunity to meet and talk with the entire band several times, and actually kinda struck up an acquaintance with Kalel, (the bass player)...and believe me guys--it's ALL TOTALLY about JESUS for them! They mean what they sing! Jesus is their life! I've never known a more real bunch of guys! Please don't rob them of their dedication and hard work by saying they are a rip-off of someone else! GOD created them and their music unique! They are all musical geniuses, and they work super-hard. Please take it from someone who has seen it first hand! Not to mention that they love kids, and are rooting for you all to make it to Heaven! Please keep in mind that the guys might actually read this stuff, and how would YOU feel if YOU worked that hard, and were just trying to share GOD'S love and someone put you down? Kalel, and all the guys work really hard on what they write! And they are the real deal! Also, to the ones who said Noah is a much better guitar player than Travis,(Pillar's first lead guitarist)..Noah is AWESOME--and soooo friendly, but Travis was AWESOME too, and he is also very nice! You only heard one cd Travis was on, and he does understand theory, he was, and is very good! And the guys all love him! No one asked him to leave or anything, he just wanted to spend more time with his family. This is also the reason Brad, (the drummer on both "Above" and "Fireproof") left. They now have Lester, who is just as awesome as Brad, and also a totally nice guy! I'm not trying to hurt anyone's felings or diss them--I got love for you all--I really do--just please, think about what you're writing...I mean, this is supposed to be a christian site---let's not slam anyone or hurt their feelings! I want to be able to tell Kalel, and Rob, and the other guys to read all the neat things you guys have said about them, it would really encourage them! They love all their fans, and really do appreciate them! I would like to encourage all of you to check out their website or even join their UG street team. The guys are getting ready for great things with GOD! they've been noticed by 2 major recording labels, and offered deals already. But this is how serious they are about THE LORD---they aren't rushing into anything---they won't compromise their message about JESUS for ANYTHING, no matter what!!! Well, peace and love to you all! I hope I didn't offend anyone, but let's be kind with our comments, ok? You never know who could end up reading them! A VERY WISE MAN SAID: "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you!" GOD BLESS! Underground girl
Undergroundgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 12:58 AM   #26
Sexier than Dr. Worm

Send a message via MSN to Danny
Hey underground girl!

Welcome to CGR.

I saw the guys at Festival Con Dios (although I didn't get a chance to personally meet them), and I was wondering if the new drummer was just a substitute or if the other guy left. And with the differences between Noah and Travis, it's not so much the playing as it is the writing... I much prefer the flow and feel of Fireproof over Above. Above was just too darn happy sounding, whereas Fireproof had more of that edgy feel to it.

Rock on girl! And IM me sometime. AIM s/n: AlternateReal1ty

-Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2002, 11:58 PM   #27
Techie/Guitar Junky

Send a message via AIM to NobleWard
Thumbs up Woah Yeah!!

A 10!! Pillar is an awesome band. I like both CDs, although I prefer Fireproof over Above simply because the sound seems more mature in tone is all. My favorite song would probably have to be Echelon. The whole harmonic guitar riffing is awesome. I hope to someday be able to play like that, it's just a really cool sound. Lyrically, the CD is smack to the face Christian, challenging us as Believers to do more with our faith than simply survive. I respect the lyrics greatly (not to satisfying to my poetic taste, but other hard Christian bands, i.e. 38th Parallel, can do that alongside Pillar with the wonder of a CD burner and alot of mixer ingenuity.( Go Mixer CDs!!.) Very hard edged, filling the gap in my collection that POD once filled (I have my 'researched' opinions about POD musically. I do not judge them personally, but artistically I think they have made some rather ill thought out actions, so I systematically broken and thrown away their CDs I owned). Great stuff all around.

~Church music should be loud!! Crank it like you live it, for all the world to hear!!~
NobleWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2003, 01:28 AM   #28

yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!

PLAY IT LOUD!!
PLAY IT SO LOUD!!
THEY ARE THE BEST!!
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #29
time to sanitize

Send a message via AIM to jude
i got this cd, it'll take some getting used to, but i know i'll love it

If we are out of our minds, it is for the sake of Christ."- St. Paul

You are my joy in sadness
peace in madness
everything's backwards with You
Love in trial
cry then smile
i know that this much is true
i love You
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 10:11 PM   #30
The People's

This is a fine CD, but I found the lyrics a little simplistic at times. However, the songs are very catchy and well put together. It receives an 8.

And don't forget the amazing cover design!

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote