Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > J
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 4.17%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 2 4.17%
5 0 0%
6 2 4.17%
7 4 8.33%
8 7 14.58%
9 12 25.00%
10 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2002, 05:22 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Jars Of Clay - The Eleventh Hour

Tracks
1. Disappear
2. Something Beautiful
3. Revolution
4. Fly
5. I Need You
6. Silence
7. Scarlet
8. Whatever She Wants
9. The Eleventh Hour
10. These Ordinary Days
11. The Edge Of Water

For more on Jars of Clay, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-05-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
You wanna see dry land?

Send a message via AIM to Insane Drummer
wow this album is great. one of my favorites. it is the best jars album by far.
And I have been too proud to come in out of the rain
Insane Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2002, 06:14 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to kendyll
Smile

welllll....i like the album a lot especially, "i need you," "fly," "dissapear," and "these ordinary days," and this cd is definentally way better than "much afraid" and probably even somewhat better than "if i left the zoo," (although i do really like that one), but i really dont think it surpasses their debut album. the debut album was just so original, and had such beautiful music, and awesome lyrics...i mean the band is awesome but theyve got a hard task at hand if they want to do better than their first cd. on the 1 to 10 scale, much afraid being a 5, if i ledt the zoo being a 7, and their first album being the 10...i would give the eleventh hour an 8 or 9.
kendyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2002, 04:17 AM   #4

excellent cd

this cd touched me so much the songs are absolutely beautiful i like fly, disappear, revolution is sweet, something beautiful and the edge of water all have such vast sounds and jars again succeeds. I love Dan Haseltine's voice, I cannot get over it how good it is, and his lyrics are good as usual. I don't understand how any Jars CD could get a '5' rating out of 10 but they are my favorite band, and for good reason.
stephen1234125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2002, 07:09 AM   #5
Skateboarding Guitarist

more mainstream

I am a huge Jars of Clay fan, so this is not prejudiced, but I really think The Eleventh Hour stunk. A secular reveiewist for the New York TImes had a hard time finding something "christian" about the cd. THat worries me. If a lost person can not see God in a CD, or has a hard time doing it, what good is the CD except for entertainment? When a Christian artist steps over into the realm of "entertainment", it is a lot harder for him to be used to his fullest by God. I hope Jars of Clay sees this before their next album.
Supermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2002, 10:22 AM   #6
Jc
Has a new view on life

Send a message via AIM to Jc
I thought the CD was awesome. To me, some of the songs are nothing but a conversation to God in Song. The lyrics are of course, Clean, great beat, love the sound. While I agree that it didn't speak say Jesus Christ, which is a little disapointing. I still think that the CD is great.
Unread 09-07-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
Rue

Send a message via AIM to Rue
Jars of Clay did such a wonderful job writing this album. Though is never mentions the name Jesus it's still amazing. I don't see how people can miss the message. So what that they didn't fulfill the "Jesus' per minute" quota that we often see in Christian music today but that's the beauty of it. Non-Christians are intimidated by this type of music but 11th Hour is one that anyone can enjoy to it's fullest.
So don't give up and don't let go.
-Jars of Clay
"I'm in the Way"
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Miscellaneous
REal good album. I thought it was one of those albums that if you listen to it one time, you already like it. Most third day stuff you have to listen to it a few times to actually begin to really like it. The only prob. i had with the album was that they didn't thank Jesus one time in the thank you notes. I hate it when people or bands do that.
Miscellaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 02:20 PM   #9
Frail

Send a message via AIM to IAmCrossEyed
I think that Jars of Clay really came back from all the fairweather fans and critics hammering them about why they never measure up to their first album.

Personally, I think that they have measured up every time that they have put something out. Their songs dive deep into issues that we don't often think about or like to talk about. That combined with amazing praise and worship style ballads has made them one of the most versatile bands in the industry, secular or Christian.

I gave this album a ten.
<i>Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up.</i><b>John 3:14</b>

<i>I've got to decide, If I'm going to fly, Or let gravity keep me grounded.
And You, You're like the air, so free from gravity's snare.
When I'm afraid to move, You spring the Truth.
Now it's no secret, gravity can't hold me.
<b>Riley Armstrong</b></i></font></p>
IAmCrossEyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2002, 07:40 PM   #10

At first I didn't really like this CD. Well, I liked it but I didn't think it was anything really special. Then it began to grow on me and now I like it about as much as I like the rest of JoC's CDs.

Disappear, Whatever She Wants, Revolution, Eleventh Hour, and Fly are my favorite songs.
Unread 10-20-2002, 07:58 PM   #11

Thumbs up

Great CD! Great music overall. Very honest and somehow raw lyrics. "Silence" is a very hard to listen because it deals with the problem that sometimes God seems to ignore us. I still like the first CD better.
vechung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2002, 03:19 AM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to mdl9482 Send a message via AIM to mdl9482 Send a message via Yahoo to mdl9482
I'd have to say that from the day that I was asked to Street Promote the album and received the autographed pre-release in the mail, I have loved the CD. Disappear was what first got my attention, along with Revolution, Fly, I Need You, and Silence. They became my favorite ones on the CD. In the past few months, however, I have found that Fly is my favorite song on the album and probably my second favorite song by Jars aside from Worlds Apart from the debut album.
I don't know if seeing JoC twice in a 1 month span on their current fall tour had to do with it. I love their music and they are the put on the best live shows. I give this album a two thumbs up!
Unread 01-11-2003, 08:43 AM   #13
Hooked on Jesus.

I like the CD, not the best one they have made, but still awesome. My favorite song would have to be I Need You.
"With all our mindís attention, and all our heartís affection, devotion by definition, everybodyís worshipping something. But I choose You. All my attention, affection, and all my devotionís for You. I choose You
If everybodyís worshipping something
I choose You." ~I Choose You by According to John
A2JJCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2003, 08:45 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to jesusfreak1985
Thumbs up Jars of Clay Eleventh Hour

I think this is the best album Jars has put out since their self-titled debut album. JOC is one of my top 2 or 3 fav bands, and I love all of their work, but the first album is by far my favorite cd of all time. What I noticed about Eleventh Hour is that it is the first to be produced by JOC since their self-titled. Much Afraid and If I Left the Zoo were not produced by them. I think their unique sound is refected in this album, and it is a fresh return to that after Much Afraid and If I Left the Zoo. As a side note: Worlds Apart, track 9 on self-titled, is an AWESOME song. It is very powerful and has inspired me in my Christian walk.

my e-mail
jesusfreak1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2003, 08:20 PM   #15

This one is definitively a good one. On the for main albums it's my second favourite, the first being Jars of Clay self-titled. Though all for albums are good, this one is has what first attracted me to Jars of Clay, it's special music, and The Eleventh Hour is JOC returning to it's sources. I like that.

Banjo in The Edge of Waters was great!