Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > J
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 2 6.45%
4 0 0%
5 1 3.23%
6 2 6.45%
7 4 12.90%
8 8 25.81%
9 4 12.90%
10 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2003, 04:50 AM   #16
I-IV-V

Yeah, I liked the 11th Hour more then If I Left the Zoo. ... Overall, the CD was good, but definately not their best IMO. I liked what they had going before better though.

Unread 11-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to gjeades
If i left the zoo

I hope everyone realizes that nobody cares what any of you say about Jars of Clay. I dont think many of you have room to say anything bad about any of their albums. They are a great Christian band who's music expresses a christian message in hope that someone may be lead to Christ after listening to them, and that is what it is all about, not whether or not anyone "liked" it or not. Of course, there are Jars of Clay songs that I "like" better than other ones, but that doesnt change my opinion about them. I think they deserve all of your respect.
gjeades is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2003, 09:54 PM   #18
dept. of redundancy dept.

but isn't the purpose of this forum to share your opinion of the cd?
rock_show_host is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 07:37 AM   #19

My thoughts on "If I Left the Zoo"

Honestly this album grew on me, as most, if not all of the Jars of Clay records do. I kinda liked the Beatlesque feel to the whole album, and I feel that it is a very personal album because it deals with issues that are very important in many of our lives (ie., hypocrisy-"Sad Clown", the change that the grace of God makes in our lives-"Grace", trusting that God will "hold our hand" and never let us go, no mater what we are going through-"Hand" and many, many others) Often times I have seen that there is a kinda of "feel good music" trend that has washed over a lot of "Christian music", artists tend to write more songs about how God loves you, than they do about dealing with issues like pride, or remaining sin in our lives. Don't get me wrong I love contemporary Christian music; I think it is a great tool to both encourage and challenge us in our daily walk. And I think that is what the guys in Jars of Clay tried to do in this album, they tried to get away from that trend and write those songs about that will challenge us in our walk with Christ. The end product is one that you can not only take away a catchy tune, but hopefully when the music stops you can say, "Hey that song really speaks to where I am spiritually right now." So, thatís my opinion on this album
Third Day Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #20
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
i cant say i really like jars that much, but from the 3 cds i do have, i prefer this one, specially the sad clown song.
Unread 01-18-2005, 03:55 AM   #21
Engaged to be married!

This is my favourite Jars of clay album by a fair way and probably one of my favourite albums all together!
it has some great songs and I much prefer the sound they go for on this over their debut. Sad clown, Unforgetful you, Collide, Goodbye goodnight - all awesome songs

God Bless, Rich
Rich* is offline   Reply With Quote