Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.56%
6 1 2.56%
7 1 2.56%
8 4 10.26%
9 10 25.64%
10 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2002, 05:50 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Chapman, Steven Curtis - Declaration

Tracks
1. Live Out Loud
2. This Day
3. Jesus Is Life
4. No Greater Love
5. God Is God
6. See The Glory
7. Bring It On
8. When Love Takes You In
9. Magnificent Obsession
10. Declaration of Dependence
11. God Follower
12. Carry You To Jesus
13. Savior

For more on Steven Curtis Chapman, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-16-2002, 12:15 AM   #2

i'll give it a 9.

I like almost every song on this alblum and even the one i don't like i just am not fond of but it's still good.

it's fun to play along with on the guitar and some of the progressions are easy yet hard if that makes any sense.

the rockers on the cd... See the Glory, Jesus is Life are lots of fun to play with.

the only song i'm not too fond of is declaration of dependence. and yet even then i like it but not as much as the others. i think what helped me to like this cd was going to the concert and hearing some of the stories behind the songs.
GMartin2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2002, 10:39 PM   #3

I gave it an 8...

Theres just not much to say about this one... it was mostly like most of his other ones.
Unread 10-10-2002, 07:01 PM   #4

A 10! all the way around this is an awesome record. there isn't a song on this disc i don't like.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2003, 03:39 PM   #5
Luke 1:37

Send a message via AIM to gamaray
This is a pretty awesome cd and pretty powerful. I totally recomend it to everyone!
Unread 04-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #6

I love this CD. I love all the songs on it, especially "Bring it On."
-Smilie -
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:28 AM   #7
(CCK)

I'd give it a 9.

Just about every song is deeply convicting and you can tell SSC is doin wat God wants him to do. Great album, everyone should get this. The only song i don't like is "God Follower" but I guess i should "Wake up and see the Glory".
(CCK)
Unread 11-08-2003, 07:04 PM   #8
That's my baby girl!

Send a message via AIM to SCCdcTFreak Send a message via Yahoo to SCCdcTFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic
I gave it an 8...

Theres just not much to say about this one... it was mostly like most of his other ones.
I'd have to disagree -- he did so much more electronically with this song than he has with any other cd. He even admitted himself that with age he thought he would mellow out, but then all these songs came into his head and he was honestly "waking the neighbors" by staying up late at night with the band recording.

He busts it loose on this cd. I gave it a 10, although just because I'm still more of an acoustic person, this one is just a notch below Speechless.

In Him,
<>< Stephen
Yeah I can play the guitar. I know all about virtuosos and trembalos and arpeggios. I can do it all. I can play your basic rhythm guitar, like. jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAH jiggidy jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAAH. You know, something like that. I can also play some pretty hott lixx, too. You know, the kind that are just way up high on the tiny strings and you mash your fingers on 'em. meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley MEEEEEEEEEEE. Yeah, yeah And then Strong Mad comes in on his bass and he's like dou dow da dou dou dow da dou dow dow dow dow dow dou. And then the Cheat comes in with his keyboard and he's like boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boo and then I'm like "And the dragon comes in the NIIIiiiiIIIiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiIIGH

Oh yeah.

My blog that sometimes goes a long time without me posting, but I still like it . . .
SCCdcTFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2003, 10:17 AM   #9
Saved by grace

I gave it a 7, it's pretty good.

Jesus, you are my best friend, you will always be...nothing will ever change that.

I wanna be evergreen, I wanna live all year round.
jesus_freak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2004, 08:12 PM   #10
Certified Jesus Freak

Thumbs up SCC's best CD to date

Declaration is just one of those CDs that you can feel is so Spirit-filled. From the rocking songs like Live Out Loud and See The Glory, to the humorous Jesus Is Life, to the ballads like Carry You To Jesus and Savior, and everything in between, it's all so powerful. God Is God is a great song about the omnipotence of God in uncertain times, written right after 9-11. No Greater Love is a stirring tribute to the love of Jesus, and also talks about the tree missionaries martryed by the Aucas in South America. In an ironic but amazing twist, the song ends with one of the very men who helped murder the missionaries- now a born-again Christian- chanting in the Auca language. It sounds kind of wierd, but it is very powerful, just like the rest of the CD.

My rating: 10/10- and I don't give out many 10s; a great, great album

My verdict: Get the CD. This is one of those must-haves, with so many incredible songs that just about everyone will love and appreciate. I've never heard anything bad about this CD, and I don't have any negative comments either. Go, right now, and get the CD.
Philippians 4:13

OFFICIAL CARD-CARRYING CERTIFIED JESUS FREAK

AND PROUD OF IT!
Brendini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #11
Do You Like Waffles?!?

Thumbs up It Rocks!

I don't see how you can't like this CD. It still has a trace of his style, yet refreshing. I really love Saviour, which also shows he puts a mixture of music in his albums. (btw, I gave it ten)
WafflesAndSyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #12
No Longer a User

My favorite SCC album.
bmcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #13

This has got to be one of his best or better. What a great CD!
1chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #14
Dining alone tonight

An awesome album, on par with or better than Speechless. I gave it an 8, just because something has to be unbelievable before I give it a 9 or a 10.

Gecko of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #15

I love Live out loud 9 1/2
guitarmonkey<>< is offline   Reply With Quote