Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 5 23.81%
9 5 23.81%
10 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2002, 04:39 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Caedmon's Call - 40 Acres

Tracks
1. There You Go
2. Thankful
3. Shifting Sand
4. Faith My Eyes
5. Where I Began
6. Table For Two
7. Climb On (A Back That's Strong)
8. Petrified Heart
9. Somewhere North
10. Daring Daylight Escape
11. 40 Acres

For more on Caedmon's Call, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-10-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
Live Pointing to Heaven

Send a message via AIM to Mark
Great cd with some awesome acoustic-guitar playing. I like every song on here, and they really get you thinking.

Another cd , that , to me, you just can't skip a song on.

Ephesians 3:18And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

watch out, the RR enterprise has begun
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2002, 01:28 PM   #3
Fanatical Derek Webb Fan

Send a message via AIM to Katey
I'm obviously a little biased here, but I think that Derek was awesome on this album. Somewhere North, Daring Daylight Escape, Table For Two and Faith My Eyes are some of the best songs I've ever heard, by any artist. But I also think that Aaron wrote some amazing songs as well. 4o Acres, Shifting Sand and Petrified Heart are wonderful. Aaron's writing on this album pleasantly surprised me. This is probably Caedmon's best album yet.
Unread 06-14-2002, 09:09 AM   #4
the worst among you

Send a message via AIM to codyofthejungle
Thumbs up "there's 40 acres,and redemption to be found"

caedmon's "folkiest" album to date,this album probably offers the least diversity.But what it does offer,is one of christian folk's greatest albums of all time.from start to finish,your ears get blasted with lush acoustic rock.this is probably caedmon's best,and also,most popular album,i highly recommend it for and folk rock enthuseist.
SOLA FIDE
SOLI DEO GLORIA
codyofthejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
Unregistered

I personally like the Song "THANKFUL" I would love it if someone could get them for me.

Molly Gitchel
Unread 08-12-2002, 12:04 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to theboyw0nder Send a message via Yahoo to theboyw0nder
Thumbs up

When my parents got me this CD and the guitar book back in Christmas of 2000 I was less then impressed. I thought it was my parents' idea of good music, though theyd never heard of the band either. Yet, over the weeks that followed I started to listen to this almbum as I lay in bed at night. Months later I started playing along with them in my guitar book, and now im hooked. Now, your probably saying, well Caedmons Call is good anyways, but my review comes from a person who does not like this style. I jam with hardcore/metal/punk bands like Zao, xDisciplex AD, and Dogwood, but Caedmons call got to me. I don't know how, but I just dig this album, its... soothing. Certainly not an album to jam too unless your one of those softy people, but it definitely is high quality. I gave it an 8, while you may say thats not a high rating that is in my book for a band like this, I highly reccomend 40 acres!
Unread 11-15-2002, 03:10 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Aballabisabon
Talking My Favorite Album Ever

I can't say enough about this album. EVERY SONG touches my heart and it is still hard to hold back the tears after listening to it probably a thousand times. Their songs are so easy to relate to, yet the lyrics aren't cheesy or weak, but POWERFUL. I can't reccomend it enough to all of my friends and family! In fact, I think I'll pop the CD in right now...
Aballabisabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to MightHaveBenHur
This a great album, and probably could be argued as Caedmon's best...

I was in the same position as theboywonder/Zao guy - my brother bought me this cd several Christmases ago, and I hated it. The only song I knew was "Thankful", and I liked that "ok"...I just wasn't a "folk" person, if you know what I mean. But I kept listening to it, and everytime I did I liked it more. It's very raw and open, and just good. Over time I've gotten the rest of Caedmon's cd's and I like those to, but this is probably my favorite. If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, definately do it - Derek Webb (my favorite member) is no longer with the band, but it still should be a good show...

btw, Derek's Webb's solo comes out March 25
Unread 03-18-2003, 12:08 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to futuregovlesa
Caedmon's Call rocks

I would definitely say that Caedmon's Call is my favorite Christian band. They played at my school last year, and that was THE best concert I have attended! The lyrics make you think and evaluate your own life, the music is outstanding, and they are so talented. Praise God for Caedmon's Call! This album is a frequent visitor in our CD player.
Unread 07-08-2003, 11:26 AM   #10
Gone

As a folk musician and having been originally inspired to become one because of Caedmon's Call's My Calm//Your Storm, this is quite simply the peak of their form, in my opinion. It's the greatest Christian album ever, in my opinion.

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!

Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 11:18 PM   #11
Peace Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to sheep Send a message via Yahoo to sheep
Great driving cd... i gave it a 9 cuz there's sometimes a song or two that get on my nerves... but if you will, when autumn rolls around again and the leaves are changing, go driving in the mountains or countryside and put this cd in... you'll see what i'm talking about

If Jesus didn't side with the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, Priests, Romans, Kings, etc, what makes you think that He will side with your political party? Think about it.

Thought for the moment/day/week/month or so...

Why do people have "Power of Pride" and "Proud to be an American" bumperstickers? Proverbs 16:18

*Please keep Mike in your prayers folks. Thanks!*
sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 02:24 AM   #12
This one is for you

Send a message via AIM to Daniel Horney Send a message via MSN to Daniel Horney
easily one of the greates albums in CCM ever.
Unread 01-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #13
CGR's Stealth Bomber

I gave it a 10.

The only possible way to make it more perfect would be if "Where I Began" were track 1. It seems like a great opening tune. Just my $.02
Jay42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2004, 09:16 AM   #14
Balance is life's key

Send a message via AIM to GiddyAztec
I gotta agree with Aaron on this one. I think I listened to this CD for a solid year when it first came out. I was going through so much junk in my life and this album was my rock. I also think it was Caedmon's who made me think it was cool to play a guitar.