Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 3 12.50%
8 1 4.17%
9 8 33.33%
10 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2002, 04:38 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Caedmon's Call - In The Company Of Angels

Tracks
1. We Delight
2. Before There Was Time
3. Thy Mercy
4. God Who Saves
5. Who You Are
6. Carry Your Love
7. God Of Wonders
8. I Boast No More
9. Oh Lord Your Love
10. Warrior
11. Laden With Guilt
12. The Danse

For more on Caedmon's Call, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-09-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
Hansel, so hot right now

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Doom
this is my second favorite by Caedmon's but most people have told me they think it is their worst. i say "booooooooooo" to that. but i really love it. i love Thy Mercy and Warrior and all the rest.
Unread 06-14-2002, 09:14 AM   #3
the worst among you

Send a message via AIM to codyofthejungle
without a doubt,caedmon's most "contemporary" album to date,but still highly aboves the rest,when compared to their peers.one complaint about this album:there is a major lack of derek.you can hear his presence,during the nice elctric guitar work,but he only leads off vocally on two tracks.i think this was a concept album,that when compared to general christian music,is a gem,but when compared to caedmon's catalog,kind of leaves you disappointed.i still highly recommend this album,because it is a very nice disc,but it is,probably caedmon's weakest album.
SOLA FIDE
SOLI DEO GLORIA
codyofthejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2002, 12:14 PM   #4
The Late, Great PfR

Send a message via AIM to guitarplayer4jc
Great CD! Very nice artistry, well mixed.

Huh?
guitarplayer4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2002, 10:36 PM   #5

I gave this CD a 9, about the first 4 songs seem to blend into each other. But then when you get to "God of Wonders" and "Worrior" you can see that Caedmon's Call really has the passion for God!
Unread 08-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to singinem
Great CD

I have a hard time picking a favorite Caedmon's cd, because all of their stuff is unique and there's not a single song I don't like. But I LOVE this cd. I listen to it all the time and really enjoy starting my day with it - great lyrics, wonderful passion behind the music, great dynamics in the songs. I love it!!
For we cannot but speak these things which we have seen and heard. ~Acts 4:20
singinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2003, 03:35 PM   #7
Luke 1:37

Send a message via AIM to gamaray
Thumbs up

I absolutely love this cd!!!!!!!
Unread 03-05-2003, 11:28 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to partyof2plus6
A Call To Worship...

Lord Bless You....

This is probably the best relevant contemporary worship music I have ever listened to, sang, or strummed on my guitar. Cliff Young, Danielle Young, Derek Webb, Josh Moore, and the rest of Caedmon's Call have the freshest, cleanest, most honest sound and I am so thankful (no punn intended) that I was born at this time and place, to raise my young sons (that love Caedmon's Call, too, btw) with my Wife and experience such a blessing to Christians in need of such creative worshipful art....Hallelujah. Keep it up Caedmon's Call. Keep being honest and leading us to worship in the ways of His truth and love. "...when the true worshippers will worship the Lord in spirit and truth." Well, errrr, we are living in this time beyond the shadow of any doubt. This much, I know is true. God Bless.:kangel:

"No one is good enough to save themselves...Awake my soul, tonight, to boast nothing else. No seam in this garment, all my rags to hide..No less than your love, for Jesus is mine..."
"You created nothing to give me more pleasure than You...You who hung the planets and in Your image You made man...Who is likened to the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high, who dwelleth on high?"--Joshua Moore, Caedmon's Call from CD "Back Home"
partyof2plus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 11:22 PM   #9
Peace Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to sheep Send a message via Yahoo to sheep
as soon as i listened to this cd i thought, 'these guys never cease to amaze me.' it's so true... many contemporary or rock artists these days do a corny job at their praise and worship projects... but CC did magnificent with original songs with age-old messages.

If Jesus didn't side with the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, Priests, Romans, Kings, etc, what makes you think that He will side with your political party? Think about it.

Thought for the moment/day/week/month or so...

Why do people have "Power of Pride" and "Proud to be an American" bumperstickers? Proverbs 16:18

*Please keep Mike in your prayers folks. Thanks!*
sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #10
kwmccravy

i love caedmon's call

As someone already mentioned, Caedmon's Call never ceases to amaze me. I had just reduced most Christian music to nothing but pop stars disguised as Christian "artists", but when I heard this CD, I was so encouraged. They are the one band that I don't have to pick and choose what is doctrinally correct and I can just listen to it and be encouraged. Thank you guys for what you are doing. It means so much to me.
Unread 07-02-2004, 07:41 PM   #11
KYguitarplyr

Talking Caedmons Call

I listed to a Caedmon's Call song a long time ago and seemed to have a first impression of a cheesy band, boy was i wrong. I just spent a summer traveling around with friends and a friend of mine had this CD "In the Company of Angels". All i can say is that as soon as i got home from my trip i went to a CD store and bought it. Its so good, the lyrics are so awesome. A friend of mine had a Derek Webb cd, who is the lead singer, if you enjoy this cd, you will enjoy that one as well. Im very impressed.
Unread 10-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Blazer77
My first impression of the album (say when it came out) was, like a few of you, that is was too mainstream or pop. But recently I've returned to the album and found that it is one of their best. "Thy Mercy," "God Who Saves," and "I Boast No More" are my favs...and they are just the "B" sides. "Before there Was Time" and "Who You Are" aren't to shabby. I personally don't think the album even needs "God of Wonders" to sell it as the other songs are so good. Besides having an awesome spiritual message, the songs are just fun to play on the guitar.
Blazer77 is offline   Reply With Quote