Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 2 7.14%
6 4 14.29%
7 3 10.71%
8 5 17.86%
9 7 25.00%
10 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2002, 04:15 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mickey
Audio Adrenaline - Some Kind of Zombie

Tracks
1. Chevette
2. New Body
3. Some Kind Of Zombie
4. Original Species
5. People Like Me
6. Blitz
7. Lighthouse
8. Flicker
9. God-Shaped Hole
10. Superfriend

For more on Audio Adrenaline, click here.

Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-09-2002, 11:05 PM   #2
I can't understand you...

Send a message via AIM to SoccerAaron Send a message via Yahoo to SoccerAaron
I'm giving it a 9.
Same thing with "Don't Censor Me"
not enough actually good songs. But a little better .
So a 9.

http://www.YourFreeVideoiPods.com/index.php?ref=1663076

This is all legit and legal. PM me for more questions. If you sign up through my link and complete an offer, I will give you $10 after I'm given credit for your completion. The blockbuster deal is $10 and you get movies for a month and 4 in-store coupons for movies. So if you cancel before you're billed for the second month you basically are getting free movies sent to you and 4 coupons for free.

I get paid everytime you click this.
SoccerAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Funky Mike
I think this CD is ok, but not all that great. In my opinoin Audio A has kinda gone downhill since they lost their guitarist (i forgot his name) after Bloom. You can really tell on this CD because the bass is a lot more dominate in a lot of the songs than the guitar is, as what not the case on earlier albums.
Good, but not great.
Funky Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Insyder778 Send a message via Yahoo to Insyder778
This is a good cd, but I thought Underdog was better. There is a variety of different sounds in this one from soft rock to ska to Hard rock (Some Kind of Zombie) all in all, a good cd though.
I give it an 8
Insyder778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2002, 09:05 PM   #5
time to sanitize

Send a message via AIM to jude
it was a good cd.
first off, chevette is annoying
but besides that, they put a lot of thought into these songs, and really get their act together.
To me, it is the beginning of the Good audio A

If we are out of our minds, it is for the sake of Christ."- St. Paul

You are my joy in sadness
peace in madness
everything's backwards with You
Love in trial
cry then smile
i know that this much is true
i love You
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2002, 04:04 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Heavy C
Very good CD. First one I boguhty from them,Lift was second.

New Body and Some KInd Of Zombie blew me away when I ehard them first...

And as to the comment about the bass....on bloOm there was a LOT of strong bass, Walk On Water and Never Gonna Be As Big As Jesus have very overt basslines. One characteristic of hard rock bands is that the bass is strong, I've observed that...Audio A has shifted muscially every album..from hip hop mess on the self-tittled one to ROck with soem hiphop on Deon't Ceonsor Me, to classic rock on bloOm to modern rock on SKOZ, et al....they adapt tot he style they are feeling at th tiem and they extremely well morph from a 1973 on Free Ride to 1997 on Some Kind Of Zombie.

The lryics were thoughtful and catchily-phrased, and the musci has variation from SUPERFRIENd ska to hard rock SKOZ to acoustic-flavoured FLicker.....

I gave a 9.

-Calvino The LOng-Windedd
and I'm Still Listening."
Heavy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Audial Talk Send a message via Yahoo to Audial Talk
Downhill Trend?!

To the person who said they went down from bloom when they lost Barry Blair: No. They went up.

To paraphrase the history better than the last, from an adrenaline junkie's standpoint:

Self-Titled debut drops, with a groundbreaking (for christian rock) hip-hop/rock sound, which then was cool and now is not. They moved on to 'Don't Censor Me' where their lyrics improved greatly, while their songwriting takes until bloom to fully develop. The california influenced rock of Don't Censor me was good for then, and a little interesting now, but not much. Bloom was a retrovert, to bluesy southern rock, where eveyrthing came together to make an altogether listenable, happy sounding cd. Then, they found grunge, hard rock, and lost Barry Blair, who would've kept taking them to a poppier and poppier place until we had the backstreet adrenalines or something. SKOZ hit, and it was one of the premier grunge/modern hard rock albums to come around (Grammatrain's Lonely House, Prayer Chain's Shawl were earlier, but not as well received) (more on that later). Underdog Hits stores with a bang, and scores Audio A's greatest pop-rock masterpiece album to date (i have the album completely memorized). The mandatory greatest hits album falls flat on it's face save for one new song, which sparks hope in every AA fan's heart of a Underdog/SKOZ blend. Lift hits, and it's an amazing worship album, but completely unexpected, and starts a downward spiral, with too much pop and not enough rock for most AA fans. Worldwide is next, continuing the spiral of negative creativity factor.

NOW, on SKOZ. I have most of this memorized, and can play some of it on trumpet/guitar/bass. It's an amazing, amazing piece of art, keeping the dark feel even through a ska song (blitz, with OC Supertones helpin out), a lighter song (Flicker, which isn't that light lyrically, actually) and lighthouse, a moody, downtempo anthemic type song which technically shouldn't fit but does. I usually hate ten song albums, but this one is perfect, leading you everywhere you wanted to go, and bringing you back nicely. Get it, it's classic rock that still sounds great.

Audial Talk (emphasis on talk)
Unread 05-31-2003, 11:16 AM   #8

I didn't like this Audio A CD very much. It doesn't have any songs that stick out like the earlier CDs do.
Unread 09-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #9
Resident Keaggy Expert

Send a message via AIM to PKfanSteph Send a message via MSN to PKfanSteph Send a message via Yahoo to PKfanSteph
I just don't care much for this one. That's not to say it's a bad album, it's just not what I like to listen to. I'd much rather hear Bloom.
Unread 11-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #10

Thumbs up 8, because of chevette

this cd is very worse than underdog and worldwide, but only because of chevette, I gave it an 8
ericstocchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2003, 08:27 AM   #11

It's alright... The hard rock sound was interesting.

www.ilikeskateboarding.com

royalruckusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 06:55 PM   #12
audio guy

at first, i didnt really like this cd, but it grew on me. actually, i think this is thier worst cd (havent heard their first two), but it is still a pretty good cd. dont buy this for your first audio a cd, or you might never buy them again!!! some of the songs are weird, like flicker, which is a good song, people like me, a two year old could write better lyircs!! i mean, i hope you never beleive, just for a moment, your better than me. the truth is that were all the same, all different people, but only one name. yeah, terrible lyrics. chevette is a cool song. new body is a pretty good song, some of the lyrics in the first verse are something that toddlers would sing in church!! some kind of zombie rocks!!! that is one of the best songs on the album!!! original species is okay, the lyrics arnt that creative. blitz is an awesome song!!!! very skaish, which is cool. also done with the supertones. lighthouse is a stand out track, very rocky. flicker is an okay song, kinda weird. god shaped hole is a good song. and super friend is sweet!!!! overall, this gets a seven for cheesy lyrics and stuff. rock on audio a fans!!!!
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #13

Pretty Good

It was pretty good, but not the best by far. Chevet (or however you spell it) was a kool song, but like someone said, they just haven't been the same without the guitarist that dropped. Still a good CD. an 8 for Zombie.

In Christ,
4 The Lord a.k.a. Austin
4 The Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #14
Banned

QUOTE//Comment from Unregistered on 01-06-2004
at first, i didnt really like this cd, but it grew on me. actually, i think this is thier worst cd (havent heard their first two)//

hey unregistered- don't bother to get their first 2 cds- they're terrible cuz mark hadn't developed his writing skills (he reached his peak in "lift". worldwide wasn't quite as good). their first cds are so bad i wouldn't have signed them in as a band therefore "some kind of zombie" is their third worst cd. i gave it a six because it has a couple of good songs, but i was being nice. if you don't have it yet, don't get it. get something post-underdog (about when they got tyler, although his vocal abilities aren't used to their extent until "lift")
audioafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:18 PM   #15
Batteries not included.

Great CD. The first AudioA cd I got. It ain't Bloom, but it is good none the less.
ChurchPunk 2 is offline   Reply With Quote